Cloned Xenomorphs/Aliens questions

Started by (Bad Blood), Jun 15, 2021, 03:02:52 PM

Author
Cloned Xenomorphs/Aliens questions (Read 1,331 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hey everyone! I am really curious about something, the cloned Xenomorphs from Alien resurrection were stated on two websites that they could reproduce more quickly and therefore multiply faster, but how exactly? Secondly I was wondering, if usual Xenomorphs don't have a gender, then could the cloned Xenomorphs having human DNA possibly have males and females due to the cloning process? The queen had live birth somehow, I assume there was possibly a male drone involved?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I don't think I'd agree with the cloned Aliens having a sped up lifecycle - if anything, it almost seems to have been slowed down. Purvis was conscious and walking around for a pretty long time before eventually giving birth, after all. Maybe you're mixing this up with information surrounding the sped up birth of the Chestbursters in the first Alien vs Predator, which I believe sources outside of the film have attributed to the Predators genetically tampering with the Facehuggers to speed up that process?

As for the sex of the cloned Aliens, the Newborn was initially supposed to have both male and female genitals (which were sculpted and shot, but later deemed too explicit and digitally erased). So take that as you will there.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah what NA said.

judge death

Spot on, my conclusions on that:
The xenomorphs didnt grow faster than other xenos, at best they grew just as fast, I think mr H and his youtube channel started the claim that they somehow could grow faster which the movie dont show at all. Either due to the mutation they grew slower and was more affected by the host health status than normal xenos, or Purvis actually carried a queen which would explain why he took several days to have the chestburster ready to burst out, and then only due to the shot he got that triggered adrenaline rush.

And not here arent any male or female xenos, its at best a fan idea as some like that idea that they have to be like humans and mate and that created the newborn, I can see the logic of it but no. The queen reproduce asexualy and once her second set of ovaries started to work it produced a live embryo which caused her to stop lay eggs and started to grow a womb instead of an eggsack, she was still able to move at the time of their escape but soon after she started her nest she probably couldnt anymore and was cooccooned into place by her drones, like a queen would be when egglaying.

Thats my 5 cent.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: judge death on Jun 16, 2021, 12:38:27 AM
Spot on, my conclusions on that:
The xenomorphs didnt grow faster than other xenos, at best they grew just as fast, I think mr H and his youtube channel started the claim that they somehow could grow faster which the movie dont show at all. Either due to the mutation they grew slower and was more affected by the host health status than normal xenos, or Purvis actually carried a queen which would explain why he took several days to have the chestburster ready to burst out, and then only due to the shot he got that triggered adrenaline rush.

And not here arent any male or female xenos, its at best a fan idea as some like that idea that they have to be like humans and mate and that created the newborn, I can see the logic of it but no. The queen reproduce asexualy and once her second set of ovaries started to work it produced a live embryo which caused her to stop lay eggs and started to grow a womb instead of an eggsack, she was still able to move at the time of their escape but soon after she started her nest she probably couldnt anymore and was cooccooned into place by her drones, like a queen would be when egglaying.

Thats my 5 cent.
I got ya, yeah I mean that was my initial thought until I read the websites and was kind of confused..as it seemed about standard to the other films as far as time was concerned. So basically The Cloned Drones/Warriors were probably the same as regular Xenomorphs in that they have no sex, but could "maybe" be either male or female, understood.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 15, 2021, 09:48:38 PM
I don't think I'd agree with the cloned Aliens having a sped up lifecycle - if anything, it almost seems to have been slowed down. Purvis was conscious and walking around for a pretty long time before eventually giving birth, after all.

Just to chip in on this, the novelization (I can't remember any intent regarding the actual film) had Purvis' child being stunted by him having a thyroid issue (comics would do something similar with leprosy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed