So, whats the connection between the Engineers and the aliens in this game?

Started by bobby brown, Apr 29, 2021, 09:47:41 AM

Author
So, whats the connection between the Engineers and the aliens in this game? (Read 13,890 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Yes I am joshing in part, but the fact remains it happened, even if it's because of the specific circumstances absolutely a one time thing that can not be replicated.

It still did happen and it's far from a disaster, instead it implies interesting things concerning the Alien, and makes something that I ought to hate not only work but does so in such a way that it's currently sitting at my number one spot of recent things I love in the entire franchise and yes I did mean sapient.

Spoiler
It's in Alex White's Alien novels.
[close]

So more of a one of a kind transformation.

But my point being it's all in the specifics of the execution.

Because Marvel's Alien's attempting something similar and failing at it especially miserably by comparison when we can see the idea being done successfully elsewhere.

judge death

Yep! Its down to how you make it and write it and get the hmm is it source material? right. Marvel being a good example of failing it while the book from titan, cant remember the writers name, shows how to do it well.

BlueMarsalis79

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on May 08, 2021, 03:47:41 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 08, 2021, 03:14:12 PM
And so far the only worrying thing is David's future. I don't know about you  ::) Kradan  ::) but I'm dying inside to have a conclusion.

GOD YEAH, PLEASE ! GIMME, GIMME, GIMME !

I will remain cautiously optimistic. I've been excited about this since Prometheus and 5 years later when Ridley Scott claimed that he had a script to continue the Covenant chapter, done in 2017. Although it was probably just about killing Neill Blomkamp's project.  :laugh:

I just hope it's not the canceled project Scott was working with Wayne Haag.  :-X :'(

Spoiler
[close]

On the other hand, I expected Ridley to be a producer on the series of Noah Hawley, like that world where "evil wolves" raise children on kepler 22b, and those wolves have milk for blood, struggling on a planet controlled by a mysterious alien force, possibly an A.I. And that my friend, is just a small DNA sample from Riddles by the hand of Aaron Guzikowski. Even if that's the case, I don't expect Noah Hawley to do the same, as he has the right to translate his own vision of Alien. But if he decide to draw the world of the show based on Ridley's ideas, I'll be even happier lol  ;D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on May 08, 2021, 08:06:16 AM

I do that with mouse. Or fingers when I'm typing on my phone. You just highlight text / part of the text you need and click quote button

I had genuinely forgotten that over the last few months because my mouse is half broken and I'm too dumb to replace it, so just typing ends up faster a lot of the time.

Kradan

:D That explains everything

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: bobby brown on Apr 29, 2021, 09:47:41 AM
Think about it.

Since this game also incorporates the lore from the new films, Like for instance, how David created the aliens on planet 4 like 100 years earlier, What relationship will they have with each other?

I like the prequels, but they might just be including the cool elements, because lets face it; David as the creator of the Alien may have artistic merits, but at the same time it's a quite esoteric direction that not everyone is interested in, and one that has polarized the fandom. They can just ignore that part or do an Alan Dean Foster in tackling that maybe it's a creation of the Engineers.

I'll be happy whatever the scenario they chose, even if they refer to David's xeno-engineering and A.I themes. At the end of the day it's just a game, and not one of a genre characterized by its narrative, and while I could be wrong I wouldn't expect the worldbuilding and immersive experience of Alien: Isolation.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 09, 2021, 07:03:45 AM
creation of the Engineers

No different from David creating them if we're going Engineers as opposed to ye olde elephant biomonsters in a lot of ways, to a lot of people.

But, either David created them as we're lead to believe, or that's subverted by something analogous to them being older than even the Engies. Ancient humans making them... eh.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 01, 2021, 01:38:56 AM
Currently David's the top of my list in terms of the available introduced choices.

I prefer an A.I creating the Alien over it being a natural phenomena, and I prefer that over humans (The Engineers) creating them, perhaps just saying that it is not native to this universe's enough in itself.

With the Pathogen harvested from the long dead first appearance of them that reached extinction before mankind began to exist. (Or ended up on LV-426 Acheron)

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 18, 2021, 04:34:06 PM
We see David's birth in the presence of Peter Weyland with him already being aware of everything, as we see with him playing piano immediately, anemic without the orchestra. We learn that the Alien's in fact a form of artificial intelligence born from the Pathogen, an artificial intelligence itself, shaped by man's perfect artificial intelligence.

The reason it's intelligence goes beyond that of the expected being that, it's not an animal or human in the sense we define them, it's the newest part of the lineage of man creating man over and over. Engineers humans, humans Engineers, in macro and micro.

David creates the Alien in his own image, it is the conclusion of his life perspective, so to him the perfect being's both sapient and sentient but with all but necessity itself taken away. For all our successes the biological lineage of creation itself's a failure, it's not just Alien to us, it is Alien to life itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-QCDyL2q4

So any form of humanity in that biologically driven lineage of creation creating the Alien's offensive to me apart from David who arguably exists outside of it because of his human and inhuman nature.

judge death

Myself dislike the whole AI idea but can accept others liking it and if movies confirms that you say for those movies, but to me its copying mass effect way too much as the same thing happens there.
And having the xenomorph being AI, created in computers and their insect and life like behaviour is just algorithm and still they dont behave like AI and being logical but more unlogical and chaos like animals. I prefer the above life and ocult and muthical origin of them, nor do we know David made them as we lack a movie clearly showing it. But well up for every fan to decide for himself/herself until if we get a confirmation in hopefully a final movie from ridley, else its just a big gaping hole in the franchise with questions and themes unanswered which prometheus was said to answer but didnt xD
In the end its what one prefer and see as correct and it will differ to everyone :P

Maybe the tv series will answer it instead if we dont get a movie, but tv series to me suck, they go on forever and make big messy storylines one struggle to follow, looking at you terminator sarah connor chronicles) and pandering, a reason I prefer movies over tv series, cant get into them when they are 5+ seasons and plotlines all over one forget or cant keep track of and some are just forgotten or ignored for new ideas inside a season.

BlueMarsalis79

Depends on the property: Black Mirror's excellent and nothing they can do will ever make the first three Seasons not worthy of anyone's time because of the anthology nature of the thing, The Terror's a one Season story executed perfectly with Ridley Scott onboard, but yes you also run the risk of ending up like Game of Thrones with unparalleled cultural relevance because of the first four to six Seasons but because of the conclusion no one wants to revisit it again.

City Hunter Yautja

What if David didn't create the Xenomorph, he only helped it reach that evolution. He shows the bestiary and how he has been experimenting with the black goo and finally created the eggs. What if the Engineers also did the same at different times? What if it just requires the right elements like a omelet, and David figured it out? That would reconcile the differences nicely.   

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

To me, David experimented on a shit ton of spores before finding a way to cross breed goo or spores with some other form of material such as a spider of some sort, then probably through that evolution, he managed to cross breed it with something  larger making it a morpher of some kind (this resulted in an egg). Nobody can pin point the exact process but we saw mosquitoes involved with his experiment. You can also bet that he had viles of the goo (which to me was a liquid version of the spores that has the ability to morph things rapidly).

Spores= Impregnation of a Host with a life-form.
Goo= Morphing of the Host into something genetically different.

My best guess is the mural in Prometheus gave away the process. That is, dipping a neomorph in goo to make an egg.

Being impregnated by the facehugger meant getting an xeno and depending on the planet, would result in an organic looking xenomorph. If in the harshest environment, it will result in a more bio-mechanic HR Gigertype xeno.

David helped evolution along, i don't think he would be the father of xenos, that term sounds trite. He was merely scientifically experimenting.

BlueMarsalis79

David used Doctor Elizabeth Shaw's reproductive organs to create the Alien ovums.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 08, 2021, 04:29:42 PM
David used Doctor Elizabeth Shaw's reproductive organs to create the Alien ovums.

I'm curious: where's that notion coming from ? Sure, we see Shaw's dissected body on a table but I don't remember anything specific in the movie itself about him using her reproductive organs. Maybe it something from BTS materials I've missed ? Advent, probably ? Or just straight-up guesswork ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed