The Xenomorph state of suspended animation + Carlos Haunte Theory

Started by acrediblesource, Apr 06, 2021, 06:44:46 PM

Author
The Xenomorph state of suspended animation + Carlos Haunte Theory (Read 2,911 times)

Corporal Hicks

Once upon a time, I had it in my head that an early concept for the Aliens had been that they were a culture based around violence and sadistic nature. Talking to Val some 6 years back, sounds like I'd made it up, but I used to think that was an interesting concept.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 07, 2021, 12:48:03 AM
Did you read his book?

I've picked up a lot via osmosis but no, I haven't. It's free online so I really should.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 07, 2021, 08:10:47 AM
Once upon a time, I had it in my head that an early concept for the Aliens had been that they were a culture based around violence and sadistic nature. Talking to Val some 6 years back, sounds like I'd made it up, but I used to think that was an interesting concept.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do remember that someone in the Covenant production described the Alien as a creature filled with relentless hatred, which after defeating the Neomorph and humans would kill itself.

razeak

Maybe they are like degenerate rapist Yuzhan Vong (or however its spelled). We just havent' seen them grow long enough.

BlueMarsalis79

And taking first place in sentences I didn't expect to read today.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2021, 07:41:49 PM
Having just been turned on to Blindsight by Peter Watts, the more I like the idea that the Aliens may be highly intelligent yet lack sapience.

This book blew my mind when I first read it. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed