Pokemon

Started by ChAoS, Sep 12, 2007, 01:58:57 AM

Author
Pokemon (Read 75,587 times)

Corporal Hicks

Darkness

Darkness

Brilliant. I missed out on the N64 game for some reason but I'll get this.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe the N64 game was ahead of its time, and the target audience didn't exist yet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No, it was super popular as I understand it.

I'm planning on getting this too. I never had it on N64 either.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, it was about the time Nintendo started doing these pokemon spin offs. I remember I got Pokemon Stadium because you could transfer the creatures from the gameboy to the console. Snap came out just a few months after it in the UK. It was hard back then to justify paying £50 for a game. I seem to remember playing the ROM though years later.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe I'm biased since me and my friends weren't interested in that game back in the day.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 20, 2021, 04:14:54 PM
Yeah, it was about the time Nintendo started doing these pokemon spin offs. I remember I got Pokemon Stadium because you could transfer the creatures from the gameboy to the console. Snap came out just a few months after it in the UK. It was hard back then to justify paying £50 for a game. I seem to remember playing the ROM though years later.

I also loved how you could play the GB game on your TV through Stadium. I still have my copy of Stadium.

Darkness

Darkness

Hmm, I don't remember able to do that.

I did have a Super Gameboy for my SNES and I think I remember playing Pokemon Red on my TV on that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So...yeah...the new games look sweet! Those remakes have been a while coming! The style looks a little off to me because they're emulating the old look, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Darkness

Darkness

Can't remember much about Pokémon Diamond.

The style is not that different from the original. That top down style perspective.

Not sure I'm keen on changing the catching mechanics in that Arceus game. Looks like you just throw the ball whenever with no battle screen.

Darkness

Darkness

I picked up Pokemon Snap.

It's all pretty well put together. It's like being in a theme park. Some of the quests are tricky trying to find where it is I need to take a picture of.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

RIght on, Darkness!

I've been playing this pokemon game https://pokemmo.eu/ its online, pretty good, I have almost all Kanto badges and some Hoenn badges

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on May 07, 2021, 11:28:10 AM
I picked up Pokemon Snap.

It's all pretty well put together. It's like being in a theme park. Some of the quests are tricky trying to find where it is I need to take a picture of.

I've not really been in the mood to play much of anything lately, but I did put an hour or so into the game and I'm enjoying it so far myself.

Darkness

Darkness

Some of the quests are absolutely monotonous. Even when I actually have done the picture, it still doesn't complete the quest. It does get tedious after repeating the course, trying to figure what to do for the quest and then when you finally get it, it doesn't complete. I hope it gets patched.

Darkness

Darkness

Some new gameplay footage for Brilliant Diamond and Arceus:

I'm still not sold on Arceus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed