Immortan Jonesy

ace3g

ace3g

Ingwar

Ingwar

Haven't played the game :)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 10, 2023, 10:22:22 AMHaven't played the game :)

@Local Trouble was supposed to say that !!!  >:(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

So the videogame adaptation curse's officially broken then, good, now can I get a good adaptation of something that didn't already ape cinema so closely in the original form?

The Last of Us already desperately wanted to be a film in most respects, which no doubt makes this transition across mediums much easier than most other adaptations.

TC

TC

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 10, 2023, 12:21:32 PMSo the videogame adaptation curse's officially broken then, good, now can I get a good adaptation of something that didn't already ape cinema so closely in the original form?

The Last of Us already desperately wanted to be a film in most respects, which no doubt makes this transition across mediums much easier than most other adaptations.

Although much of the game's premise reminds me of Logan (the Wolverine story). I know I'm not alone in this: when news of the show first broke numerous fanboy commentators were nominating Hugh Jackman for the role of Joel.

Not that the similarity bothers me in the slightest. In fact, Logan reminds me of The Road starring Viggo Mortensen (based on Cormac McCarthy's novel).

All great stories.

TC

Rankles75

Rankles75

Never got past the hotel in the original game, and won't touch the sequel with a bargepole, but I'm pretty stoked for this. Just wish they'd gotten someone who looked a bit more like Ellie, not that it's a huge issue. Obviously there will be differences between the game and the show, but there's a few great set pieces that I hope are in there.

ace3g

ace3g

What did everyone think of the first episode?

I never played the game, so I was a little thrown off by Ellie's personality to start off the show.  Did they get that right? 

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 16, 2023, 02:14:52 PMWhat did everyone think of the first episode?

I quite liked it.

QuoteI never played the game, so I was a little thrown off by Ellie's personality to start off the show.  Did they get that right? 

Spoiler
Neither, but when it's revealed she's been raised in a military school, being an absolute hostile brat to insurgent kidnappers running potentially deadly experiments on her starts to fit.
[close]

Rankles75

Rankles75

Thought it was a very good first episode tbh. Characters seem very close to their game counterparts, even if wrong looking Ellie is still a bit distracting. :) Glad they kept the opening scene pretty much the same, also liked the way they tied into it later in the episode.

I've seen some criticism of them changing the way the infection is spread, but it's really not a big deal for me and just seems like petty nitpicking.

ace3g

ace3g

I still wonder why they didn't at least part Bella's hair like Ellie's is in the game?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed