The Venom movie

Started by Purebreedalien, Jul 31, 2008, 08:30:33 AM

Author
The Venom movie (Read 40,709 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I liked the first one. It's big and dumb and fun, and doesn't have whatever it is about DC/MCU movies that puts me off all of those.

And having a theme song made by an edgy turn of the millennium artist was some nice nostalgia which did not hurt either, get Korn or something for this one haha.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Huggs on May 13, 2021, 12:14:22 AM
Should've been Maximum Carnage

YES

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wasn't too keen on the first, but the trailer had me laughing. I'll definitely be giving it a go.

ace3g

ace3g

Statue gives us better look at Carnage design.

https://twitter.com/VenomMovieNews/status/1421235995098374145

Stitch

Stitch

Looks like Carnage. That's good.

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Mid credit scene
Spoiler
Spoiler
Already seeing the ramifications of the Doctor Strange spell in No Way Home ;)
[close]
[close]

Master Chief

Master Chief

How many are there?

Kradan

Kradan

More than necessary

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Seeing Let There Be Carnage later this week. Hope Eddie and Venom kiss more in this one.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
I'M A REAL BOY AND YOU'RE JUST AN AMOEBA
[close]

Stitch

Stitch

Saw the new one last night. Loved it. If anything I wanted more, because it felt like the climax needed more build up.

Satisfying and hilarious to hear Venom shout 'f**k this guy!'

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Felt like this film had scenes missing

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

It was a very lean, brisk 90 minutes. I'd imagine there certainly was some exposition lost to widdle it down to that, but honestly, I'm cool with it. The pacing is frenetic, a little bit insane and scattershot - and as a result, the movie's structure actually matches Tom Hardy's absurd performance(s) this time around (whereas with the first film, the movie around Hardy feels like it had no idea how to keep up with what he was doing, which, admittedly, is part of that first movie's pretty unique charm. The first Venom reeks of corporate Sony mandates to catch up with the MCU but ultimately becomes endearing 'cause Hardy didn't seem to give a shit about any of that stuff and just turned the movie into something else entirely).

The only change I'd really want to see here is some extra R-rated gore and violence here and there, but I don't mind the missing "plot" in a movie like this.

Anyways, Sony, hurry up and announce V3NOM. Let Eddie and Venom kiss again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed