International Prometheus Launch Trailer

Started by Valaquen, Apr 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Author
International Prometheus Launch Trailer (Read 150,316 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

Our awesome forum is being inundated by ridiculousness :( too many unneeded new threads.

-Red-

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 01, 2012, 10:39:19 AM
Our awesome forum is being inundated by ridiculousness :( too many unneeded new threads.

Excuse me your highness if i disturb you  ::)

I would keep my questions for me in the future...  :-X

NGR01

Don't take it for you.
He's talking about threads not posts with questions like yours ;)

szkoki

scared the shit out of me... the trailer already is really disturbing

Taxemic

anyone have a download link for this trailer?

dxdt

Quote from: Deuterium on May 01, 2012, 01:42:19 AM
It has the same raw look as the point cloud data from a LIDAR 3-D scan.  I am sure that was the intention...but I think they would have better resolution 60+ years from now.  This doesn't even look as good as the latest LEICA HDS 7000.

Centuries/millennia of data rot perhaps?

From a practical, filmmaking perspective it's a smart choice. Very old-school, obscuring the subject. Elephant-faced humanoids probably look pretty silly running around.

Kanderson

Finally got through all 40 pages!!
Everything has been said which is good so all that is left is anticipation of the best movie of this summer!
Finally picked up the whole saga so far on blu and have indulged in trying to get through it all again before the big day!

I do agree that I really do not think we have seen almost anything yet.  The big question is do any of them actually get off the planet at all because unless one can fly a jockey ship I'd have to say No.

ThisBethesdaSea

Anyone know when the official premiere is?

psychonaut25

Quote from: dxdt on May 01, 2012, 10:36:42 PM
Quote from: Deuterium on May 01, 2012, 01:42:19 AM
It has the same raw look as the point cloud data from a LIDAR 3-D scan.  I am sure that was the intention...but I think they would have better resolution 60+ years from now.  This doesn't even look as good as the latest LEICA HDS 7000.

Centuries/millennia of data rot perhaps?

From a practical, filmmaking perspective it's a smart choice. Very old-school, obscuring the subject. Elephant-faced humanoids probably look pretty silly running around.

Very possible! Jockeys running around with breathing masks can be pretty ridiculous. But as a messed up hologram, it adds a more mystery and creepiness to the whole subject.

harlock

Ghost Engineer - just how could that name be given to one of the holo-engineers? Maybe its a type of Mass Effect VI interface with the Engineer holograms, like a narrator to what happened?

LV-723

Quote from: Eva on Apr 30, 2012, 11:31:20 AM

Besides - new theory:
Davids outcry 'They are leaving' + 'Earth' could be him describing what he's watching when the hologram is playing aka the fleeing engineers. Did they actually come to Earth after some horrible event went down, perhaps leaving dangerous parts of their technology behind on Earth to quarantine it?

Sorry to bring this up so many pages later, I just read this...

I think he says, "They were leaving," not "They are leaving." I'm thinking we sent signals into space that were picked up, and the Jockeys were on their way to Earth when something bad happened. Whether it was an experiment/manufacturing that went wrong, or an attack by another species, I really don't know, but that's my official story guess before June 8.

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: LV-723 on May 03, 2012, 03:59:31 AM

Besides - new theory:
Davids outcry 'They are leaving' + 'Earth' could be him describing what he's watching when the hologram is playing aka the fleeing engineers. Did they actually come to Earth after some horrible event went down, perhaps leaving dangerous parts of their technology behind on Earth to quarantine it?

I think he says, "They were leaving," not "They are leaving." I'm thinking we sent signals into space that were picked up, and the Jockeys were on their way to Earth when something bad happened. Whether it was an experiment/manufacturing that went wrong, or an attack by another species, I really don't know, but that's my official story guess before June 8.

I agree that the trailer is spliced together to make us think one thing... when in fact the words are from different sections of the movie.

OpenMaw

Besides - new theory:

Nope.

He says "They're leaving." Clear as day. :)

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 03, 2012, 12:50:31 PM

Besides - new theory:

Nope.

He says "They're leaving." Clear as day. :)

Which could be narration to the hologram showing them running...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed