The Predator Release Pushed Back Again? - September 14th

Started by Darkoo, Feb 13, 2018, 07:56:43 AM

Author
The Predator Release Pushed Back Again? - September 14th (Read 44,919 times)

Huggs

Delays are always a bummer, but I think they're doing the right thing here. There's something in the film they feel the need to change or add. The fact that they're taking the time to make adjustments is re-assuring. It makes me feel that they really are taking this film seriously and are intent on putting forward the best film possible.

Original Predator

"Absolutely, yeah. A lot of this is handing off the baton to a new generation of characters,"said Cameron last September. "We're starting a search for an 18-something young woman to essentially be the new centerpiece of these stories. And then a number of other characters around her and characters from the future. We still fold time in the story in intriguing ways. But we have Arnold's character and Linda's character to anchor it. Somewhere across there, and I won't say where, the baton gets passed, so to speak."

James Cameron get's it.  Can he help Shane Black scripts?

BigDaddyJohn

I understand what you mean but it's not the same type of story, and even for this new terminator, who knows if it'll work...

Johnny Handsome

It's not even something Cameron came up with, neither is it inventive or original in any way. The did that with Star Wars, Blade Runner and even the last Terminator, it's Hollywood by the numbers.

black

I'm generally surprised that now in every second action movie there is a badass lady in the lead role and even a predator will now receive from them. Trends ruin the original idea.

happypred

Hoping for the best

...expecting the worst.

Master

Quote from: black on Feb 22, 2018, 06:27:26 PM
I'm generally surprised that now in every second action movie there is a badass lady in the lead role and even a predator will now receive from them. Trends ruin the original idea.

Tough lady is a theme in nearly every Predator film. Nothing new really.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2018, 08:44:09 PM
Quote from: black on Feb 22, 2018, 06:27:26 PM

Tough lady is a theme in nearly every Predator film. Nothing new really.

Yes but we must admit that Casey is portrayed as a little more badass than other females in predator movies, except maybe for Isabelle in predators.

D88M

Quote from: happypred on Feb 23, 2018, 06:01:33 PM
Hoping for the best

...expecting the worst.

This, i do not expect it to be good at all, so any minimal quality on it will be a pleasant surprise.

BigDaddyJohn

Well, i just learned that the release date in france is set to the 17 october... I'm really mad right now, bored as f**k of this cat & mouse stuff fox is playing with this movie... I mean come on fox ! Push it back to 2019 while you're at it !

goose_3387

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 25, 2018, 01:53:21 PM
Well, i just learned that the release date in france is set to the 17 october... I'm really mad right now, bored as f**k of this cat & mouse stuff fox is playing with this movie... I mean come on fox ! Push it back to 2019 while you're at it !

Any news on the UK release date?

Doomofman

Quote from: greygoose on Feb 25, 2018, 04:02:26 PM

IMDB lists it as same day as the US (it lists France as 17th October)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Doomofman on Feb 25, 2018, 04:26:10 PM

Yeah last served ! As usual...

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 25, 2018, 04:38:29 PM

Yeah last served ! As usual...
At least you'll know whether it's worth it to go see it by the time it releases there

goose_3387

That's good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed