Should the Predator win in the next film?

Started by Sorna Hunter, Aug 07, 2022, 07:12:30 PM

Author
Should the Predator win in the next film? (Read 5,268 times)

Space Eel

Depends on how the story is done, I would rather we wait a few more years.  I don't have confidence to Hollywood to experiment with new formulas.  But the first story of the flintlock, the predator comes out on top, and pretty much the only one that makes it out alive in the battle.

BigDaddyJohn

I loved concrete jungle. But to adapt that, you'd have to change numerous things in order to avoid resembling too much to P2, considering this game was heavily inspired by it.

Crazy Rich

I wouldn't even try to adapt the game scene for scene, but to just see a similar take on the story and setting with a Predator as a villain protagonist up against even more villainy organized crime in a futuristic city with flying cars and shit.

BlueMarsalis79

Huntsman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 08, 2022, 06:55:23 PMI loved concrete jungle. But to adapt that, you'd have to change numerous things in order to avoid resembling too much to P2, considering this game was heavily inspired by it.
A futuristic city with highly advanced technology would be the big point of difference.

(Bad Blood)

Without a doubt. It would make for a more realistic film.

Huntsman

After the success of Prey, I'm hoping we get a Concrete Jungle style game for next gen consoles. No more multiplayer stuff. Give me a meaty solo story.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

I'm actually in favour of a future Predator film where the Predator survives in the end. Provided of course they execute the premise well. It needs a good story that provides justification for the Predator hopping back in his spacecraft with a victorious roar in the end. The real question is, what kind of story resulting in that ending do you want to watch?

Huntsman

Concrete Jungle's explanation is enough for me. He's killing genuine bad guys, thus it's more of a public service than pure terrorism.

Wweyland

A Predator anti-hero would be fine, someone like Wolf or Crucified that works alongside humans (but not together) and actually survives. Greyback is a good opportunity for the next movie.

Pu$$yFace

Of course, how else does Grey Back get the pistol

Huntsman

Predator: Captive would be a good comic to take inspiration from.

Wysps

Quote from: Cougerboy on Aug 12, 2022, 11:06:04 AMI'm actually in favour of a future Predator film where the Predator survives in the end. Provided of course they execute the premise well. It needs a good story that provides justification for the Predator hoping back in his spacecraft with a victorious roar in the end. The real question is, what kind of story resulting in that ending do you want to watch?

This.  I'd like to see a Predator survive at the end, but only with a clever enough story that doesn't go overboard with over-characterizing the Predator, or have him just mow down everyone in his path.  It's typically the villain, and a character we usually like to see as the villain.  Give him too much of a personality, then we start humanizing too much and the mystery dissipates.

SiL

Royce and Isabelle escaping the Reserve planet could've let the Predators win.

Royce sacrificing himself so Isabelle could escape could let the Predator win and claim his prize trophy.

The latter would keep Royce's redemption arc, let a Predator win, and not be a complete downer ending. Win win win.

BlueMarsalis79

That I would have seriously dug.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed