Should the Predator win in the next film?

Started by Sorna Hunter, Aug 07, 2022, 07:12:30 PM

Author
Should the Predator win in the next film? (Read 5,203 times)

Sorna Hunter

Hi all,

Just wondering what peoples opinion is on the Predator 'winning in the next film?
I get the whole people like a good underdog triumph story, but I personally feel like the films are missing an ending where in the final fight the Predator is victorious and goes home happy.

Id like to bring back the sense of threat to our main hero (let's face it we know who it is in each film) and on a first watch not know if they are going to make it out the other side.

What do you all think?

BigDaddyJohn

It depends on what type of story you want to tell. It's feasible, but it'll be hard.

Car1os

Killing the Predator off in every movie is starting to give the impression that they're just an occasional menace rather than a proper threat.

I'd like to see the Predator be something more than a clumsy sasquach with gadgets. I want to see more enthusiasm within their violent intereactions rather than just annoyed aggression. Feral is moving in the right direction in this respect.

In the very least have them move with more skill and purpose. They're supposed to be super fast, yet the films don't often portray this very well.

SiL

Feral is the most clumsy Sasquatch of a Predator to date. Bring back the blistering speed and cunning of the original.

Should a Predator live? No. Could they? Depends on the story you're trying to tell. As a cop out "ha, the villain isn't actually dead!" or sequel bait I'd say no.

Predators could've done it nicely.

Xenomrph

I'd love to see an adaptation of the video game Predator: Concrete Jungle (or something along the same lines), with a protagonist Predator who wins/lives.

Huntsman

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 07, 2022, 09:03:41 PMI'd love to see an adaptation of the video game Predator: Concrete Jungle (or something along the same lines), with a protagonist Predator who wins/lives.
Exactly this. Done as a two part movie. Act one being the hunt gone wrong and his isolation. Act two in the futuristic city taking revenge.

judge death

Yes please! That would be great and also it would be a huge chance to expand the yautja lore and show more of them and how they think and how their society and everything works, not overexplaining it but a glimpse would be amazing.

Im all for the predator to win, just like having a story where xenomorphs win or at least: end with a dark ending. But it all comes down to how good the story is and type of story one want to tell. :)

SisterJill

They'll need to build even more confidence in the franchise with more hit movies before they ever make a Predator protagonist one

Huntsman

If he doesn't win, per se, even just slinking away to mend his wounds. I understand they're not comfortable in making the character a heroic figure.

BigDaddyJohn

Understandably so.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

somebody needs to make a Concrete Jungle movie

Kradan

What he said

Crazy Rich

Loved that game, even beat the game while taking no upgrades whatsoever as a challenge which was quite fulfilling for me.

Kradan

Wait, are we talking game or comic here ?

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2022, 05:14:47 PMWait, are we talking game or comic here ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed