The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Author
The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread (Read 134,728 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Strause Bros deserve no sympathy.

Spoiler
Quote from: SiL on Oct 05, 2018, 10:02:05 AM

QuoteIf you know how to kiss ass, you will be the best employee there. If you are unhappy with your supervisor and you complain to your higher ups, nothing will happen because the said supervisor is best friends with one of the brothers. If you go complain about the forced overtime, you would be fired. If you don't agree to the micro management of your supervisor, you are done. Some supervisors in some departments hire only girls because they are easier to control.

QuoteAdding here one brother was worse than the other in terms of berating. Quite a few leads also took pleasure in this and much yelling.

QuoteThe supervisors were all but outright telling me the place was a shithole as I was sitting there.

"sometimes we leave at 6, sometimes we're not sure when we'll leave"

No direct deposit, only hard checks.

They asked me what I heard about the owners. When I spouted some biographical shit I knew about them they stopped me and asked what I really heard about them, and proceeded to explain how difficult they were.

All single monitors, and they still used mental ray. Not a huge thing in its own right, but spoke to their cheapness and that they didn't want to invest in technology.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Hydraulx-Reviews-E494935.htm?filter.iso3Language=eng
[close]

And yeah the "Crabators" do suck- their heads more specifically, perhaps the most important part though, I think ADI's Predators are otherwise stellar.
(The body, the armor, offensive and defensive weaponry and all that stuff.)

But the AVP 2004 and AVP Requiem Aliens also suck, although the Queen's excellent as are the Eggs, Facehuggers and AVP 2004's PredAlien Chestburster and AVP Requiem's PredAlien before it got ruined. (By overreacting to one teenager's actually positive remark.)

So technically speaking the Aliens (Adult and Chestburster specifically) in AVP 2004 work exactly as designed as they did in Alien Resurrection but they don't belong anywhere else other than in Alien Resurrection itself, I can't say the same for AVP Requiem, perhaps budgetary restrictions are to blame but they all just look awful.

Whatever the circumstances to cause it, I am glad we got a correctly proportioned Alien again, in Alien Isolation and Alien Covenant and hope to see a similar return to form for the Predator design.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 16, 2021, 11:07:53 PM
Uh, pot meet kettle then!
Why so quick to go ad hominem? I don't complain about a single topic every chance I get in any tangentially related thread. Not everyone here does.

Common complaints are one thing, but are usually reserved to different sections and specific discussions. Crabators are everywhere, and it's usually the same handful of people talking about it.

All I said was that I find it obnoxious. I don't expect anyone to stop.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 17, 2021, 12:03:30 AM
The Strause Bros deserve no sympathy.

Even for their other masterpiece, the great Skyline ?  ;D

[cancerblack]

I unironically enjoyed the sequel.

SiL

SiL

The sequel was actually watchable.

SM

SM

The first one was a low bar.

BlueMarsalis79

I only heard things but in this case it's enough.

ace3g

Random pictures (mostly old) I found on IG today

BigDaddyJohn

Weirdly enough I kinda want to see this version now...

Voodoo Magic

I do feel it would be a shame if a lot of this FX work for the original vision was completed, but never gets out for public consumption. Expansive home video supplementals seem less and less a priority to studios these days, as digital keeps growing and physical keeps shrinking. :-\

Kradan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 12, 2021, 11:03:36 PM

Yeah, same. I would prefer bad and crazy over bad and bland

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 13, 2021, 02:03:03 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 12, 2021, 11:03:36 PM

Yeah, same. I would prefer bad and crazy over bad and bland

Wait. You're calling The Predator bad and bland now?

Kradan

It's third act, yes. It's very much condensed version of "soldiers fighting Predator in the woods" and while I still enjoy it, it is not as interesting as two Predators in military outfits and bunch of crazy looking hybrids

Corporal Hicks

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2021, 05:27:01 AM
https://twitter.com/TrashedPicture/status/1383598641781252100?s=19

Awesome!!!

https://twitter.com/TrashedPicture/status/1383598641781252100

**If it is true they didn't like that the scenes took place during the day time, as I've mentioned before, why not just use "day for night" filming techniques in post?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed