The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 70,288 times)

Hollywood

Hollywood

Seems to have plenty of good things to say overall in this review but also says its a mess with the plot.

Xan21

Xan21

And of course she lovessss the ending... what's wrong with her lol. Really don't know if I should spend the dough on this flick.

cornmeal

cornmeal

the predator franchise is dead, thanks a bunch to everyone, who was all over shane black talking about how great he is, he has destroyed the franchise. I blame some members for being so accepting of anything, what should of happened is when the script got leaked, avpgalxy should of made its voice heard about how god awful it was and posted it for the whole world to see, which in turn would of forced their hand and made them go back to the drawing board... instead people over looked the issues because they are convinced shane black is like some sort of savior, stay blind my friends, this is your fault... all well. you live and learn i suppose.

The Old One

The Old One

Guests don't get to have opinions.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: cornmeal on Sep 11, 2018, 07:43:00 PM
the predator franchise is dead, thanks a bunch to everyone, who was all over shane black talking about how great he is, he has destroyed the franchise. I blame some members for being so accepting of anything, what should of happened is when the script got leaked, avpgalxy should of made its voice heard about how god awful it was and posted it for the whole world to see, which in turn would of forced their hand and made them go back to the drawing board... instead people over looked the issues because they are convinced shane black is like some sort of savior, stay blind my friends, this is your fault... all well. you live and learn i suppose.

You hear that guys? It's our damn fault. We ruined this franchise. We should have done more. We could have fixed this movie. Damn it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: MudButt on Sep 11, 2018, 08:01:39 PM
You hear that guys? It's our damn fault. We ruined this franchise. We should have done more. We could have fixed this movie. Damn it.

I know, I know. The kid, the cast, the director of ironman 3, excessive comedy, friendly predators, giant predators, dogs with dreadlocks. None of that was the studio. I don't know what we were thinking. Well, SM had the most say, to be honest.  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

All SM's fault as usual.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: MudButt on Sep 11, 2018, 08:01:39 PM

AvPG has let the world down by not sabotaging the movie. Our guest cornmeal said it, it must be true 😂

The Old One

The Old One

azamultic

azamultic

Petr is that you?  :)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 11, 2018, 08:36:47 PM

Petr is that you?  :)
I thought it was Annie Wilkes?

georgeromero

georgeromero

Sorry for going off topic but today I experienced a disturbing thing on fb. There is a blog called "the action elite". I used to track action movies via their website. Maybe you've heard of it. Anyway, I saw a review of The Predator on their FB page and I just commented that the review was biased and he was forgiving on worse straight to dvd movies... The thing is I even stated I respectfully disagreed with him! I did not write a single offensive line that would prompt such a reaction as his. In fact I never said that the movie will be good. So the guy who runs the page overreacted in the most childish manner and told me (because I have a metal band singer on my avatar) that "my opinion was unwanted and that I as a satan worshipper should burn in hell". That was basically his reply. And before I could type another word he banned me from his page lol.

It's funny when one runs a professional review site where he "sells" his opinion to the masses yet doesn't shy away from disrespecting the same audience just for having a different view. Once you lower yourself - you lose all your credibility as a reviewer in my opinion. So seing how people like him act out makes me wonder why do we even bother to communicate with other so called fans on the internet. God forbid when someone doesn't agree with toxic haters.

Back to topic
It's down to 43%. Wonder how low will it go?

The Old One

The Old One

28% Critic Score

43% Audience Score

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: georgeromero on Sep 11, 2018, 09:15:59 PM
Sorry for going off topic but today I experienced a disturbing thing on fb. There is a blog called "the action elite". I used to track action movies via their website. Maybe you've heard of it. Anyway, I saw a review of The Predator on their FB page and I just commented that the review was biased and he was forgiving on worse straight to dvd movies... The thing is I even stated I respectfully disagreed with him! I did not write a single offensive line that would prompt such a reaction as his. In fact I never said that the movie will be good. So the guy who runs the page overreacted in the most childish manner and told me (because I have a metal band singer on my avatar) that "my opinion was unwanted and that I as a satan worshipper should burn in hell". That was basically his reply. And before I could type another word he banned me from his page lol.

It's funny when one runs a professional review site where he "sells" his opinion to the masses yet doesn't shy away from disrespecting the same audience just for having a different view. Once you lower yourself - you lose all your credibility as a reviewer in my opinion. So seing how people like him act out makes me wonder why do we even bother to communicate with other so called fans on the internet. God forbid when someone doesn't agree with toxic haters.

Back to topic
It's down to 43%. Wonder how low will it go?

Man that sucks! But it's a loooot fo strange people with differenrt types of problems with access to internet .  It's really scary when you think about it, so I just try to ignore  ;D

georgeromero

georgeromero

Thankfully the vast majority here are not like that. You should see transformer fans with their Bayverse vs G1 debate. Speaking of which let's see if Black's movie divides fans successfully and creates generation one preds lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed