The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 71,004 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

I actually stopped having issues with the AVP movies a long time ago and appreciate them simply from what they were and not what they could have be. I even prefer them to Alien Ressurection and gave both a generous 6/10. This movie ending and the Predators' motivations are a worse addition to the predator lore than anything from the avp movies. Worse than having predators teach humans how to built pyramids and the bad design from AVP. How fun the action and the characters are will be the deciding factor on how it compares to avp movies.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Rotten Tomatoes Critics Consensus: "The Predator's energetic blend of black humor and fast-paced action hits just hard enough to nudge this oft-waylaid franchise back on track while setting up sequels to come"

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Firestorm on Sep 10, 2018, 08:37:41 PM
Rotten Tomatoes Critics Consensus: "The Predator's energetic blend of black humor and fast-paced action hits just hard enough to nudge this oft-waylaid franchise back on track while setting up sequels to come"

That's honestly pretty good sounding if you ask me. Better than I expected.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Firestorm on Sep 10, 2018, 08:37:41 PM

Was that pun intentional?  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

The critical consensus was also this for the 2010 entry:
"Critic Consensus: After a string of subpar sequels, this bloody, action-packed reboot takes the Predator franchise back to its testosterone-fueled roots."

I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

Quote from: andreaNZ on Sep 09, 2018, 10:44:33 AM
thyve stomped over alot of Predatoor c lore in here may as well have them skinning people alive thren like they wrongly say in the movies i think first one and avpr both said they were skinned alive. not

The first movie is ground zero though, you're saying the very first movie, that daddy that started it all is wrong and that extended universe that came after the movie is right?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah Arny says skinned alive in the first film.

Grasping at straws.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Well RT score is down to 60% now  :-\

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 10, 2018, 10:04:56 PM
Yeah Arny says skinned alive in the first film.

Grasping at straws.

"He didn't disappear, he was skinned alive" *in arnie accent

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Sep 10, 2018, 10:06:05 PM

Does that even matter? In the end it's about what each feel personally about the movie. In regards to future movies its up for the box office not what grade some site gives it.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 10, 2018, 10:08:52 PM
Quote from: chrisr232007 on Sep 10, 2018, 10:06:05 PM

Does that even matter? In the end it's about what each feel personally about the movie. In regards to future movies its up for the box office what grade some site gives it.

I am personally really invested in this movie having critical success, and it not gettung as much praise from actual movie critic is upseting, but in the end of the day most important is what each person feels about the movie (of course to the reason of personal knowledge of movie making, lore, etc). So yeh for me the most important is how I will feel about the movie, but I am invested in what movie critics going to say  ;)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Is RT like a thing? Is that like another IMDB? Or uh... Metacritic is another I visited a few times. I don't really go on those sites so can't say. Hicks's review is more revelant to me, I can get a better idea to what expect.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 10, 2018, 10:21:17 PM
Is RT like a thing? Is that like another IMDB? Or uh... Metacritic is another I visited a few times. I don't really go on those sites so can't say. Hicks's review is more revelant to me, I can get a better idea to what expect.

I think it's a good idea but I have seen some reviews that are a 3/5, C-, or 2.5/4 scores be counted as both negative and positive reviews which I feel is strange and can mess with that meter but generally I find that people who are excited for a movie will say they don't care for it when the movie they want to be good gets a low score or if it gets a high score use it to hype the movie up even more.

I do get a bit disappointed when movies get low scores, but I guarantee if you went back and searched up a few of your favorite childhood films that you love with a passion you'll see they tend to have scores that may surprise you.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: N-Shifter on Sep 10, 2018, 09:22:28 PM
The first movie is ground zero though, you're saying the very first movie, that daddy that started it all is wrong and that extended universe that came after the movie is right?
That film clearly shows the Predator kills its prey before taking trophies, so yeah it's more likely they were skinned after they were dead. Predator 2 confirms that, and it was by the original writers.

That being said there'd be nothing wrong with a Predator skinning someone alive in a movie. Excessive, sure, "wrong", no.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: MudButt on Sep 10, 2018, 10:28:01 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 10, 2018, 10:21:17 PM

I think it's a good idea but I have seen some reviews that are a 3/5, C-, or 2.5/4 scores be counted as both negative and positive reviews which I feel is strange and can mess with that meter but generally I find that people who are excited for a movie will say they don't care for it when the movie they want to be good gets a low score or if it gets a high score use it to hype the movie up even more.

I do get a bit disappointed when movies get low scores, but I guarantee if you went back and searched up a few of your favorite childhood films that you love with a passion you'll see they tend to have scores that may surprise you.

Totally agree with you!  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed