The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 70,312 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 07, 2018, 11:06:06 PM
TLJ pleased the audiences as much as episode 1. Pissing off fans isn't a smart marketing strategy in the long run, as they are the ones who buy the merchandising and all the side stuff. The general audience only buys the ticket for the movie.

Spoiler

StangwMagik

StangwMagik

Holy shit Shane Black literally turned it into an Iron Man movie LMAO what crap.

This garbage is completely indefensible. I'll be happy when this movie flops, at least then the hacks who made this awful film wont be able to go forward with their retarded "invasion of the Predators" idea.

MudButt

MudButt

Let's not turn this thread into a TLJ debate thread please.

It's a shame the movie hasn't got more positive reviews. However there has been enough positive comments about the movie that are still keeping me excited and my tickets are already purchased so I will be there opening night no matter what. Can't make an informed argument against this movie until I see it though.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, well said.

D88M

D88M

I find weird that there is not the usual ass kissing Black gets in all of his movies, that means that something really bad must be up in the movie.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 07, 2018, 11:41:42 PM
Indeed, well said.

I've been pretty positive on the film leading up to the release and have tried my best to defend it against everyone who has been shitting on it like they've already seen it, but after next week every opinion is valid once they've seen it! The "You haven't even seen it yet" excuse flies right out the window  :D

Quote from: D88M on Sep 07, 2018, 11:43:15 PM
I find weird that there is not the usual ass kissing Black gets in all of his movies, that means that something really bad must be up in the movie.

Plenty of people have said that for a Shane Black film it's very disappointing. I've heard more positive things on the humour but I think the film suffers mainly from reshoots from what reviews are saying.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 07, 2018, 11:41:42 PM
Indeed, well said.

I'll second that.

Well on one hand, I will say that I'm definitely looking forward to Big Chad doing his thing. Now that I know he's hunting down
Spoiler
truly sympathetic predators, I fully support his efforts to maintain the franchise tradition of hostile human/predator relationships.
[close]

blood.

blood.

I liked alien covenant.  :-X Mainly because I didn't mind them trading the alien mystery to make david the new puppet master (and by extension, humans - which has kind of always been the case in alien movies).

I really can't decide what to expect from this film based on what people are saying. I'm liking the fanbase controversy right now though.  ;D Makes me want to see this film even more!!

We have to remember Shane Black 100% wanted this film not to be just another episode but an actual worthy addition to the franchise. He had to do something with a bit of weight to it rather then just a predator running around killing people until it's dead.

The Old One

The Old One

@Huggs

Spoiler

I will say it's quite interesting to turn that dynamic on it's head, we all anticipated the Upgrade would be the one breaking the rules of conduct, Predators and Prey we know from the previous films.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: MudButt on Sep 07, 2018, 11:39:10 PM

It's a shame the movie hasn't got more positive reviews. However there has been enough positive comments about the movie that are still keeping me excited and my tickets are already purchased so I will be there opening night no matter what. Can't make an informed argument against this movie until I see it though.

Oh, sorry for the off-topic entry. However, and if this serves you, I've never posted negative shit about this film before. I'm looking forward to seeing "The Predator" actually  ;D

Subs360

Subs360

Just had a thought. That black fugitive predator figure, the kiddy version of the toy, cant remember the name now but with the small heads and cute looking ? I wonder if thats the armour at the end

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Sep 08, 2018, 12:17:29 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Sep 07, 2018, 11:39:10 PM

Oh, sorry for the off-topic entry. However, and if this serves you, I've never posted negative shit about this film before. I'm looking forward to seeing "The Predator" actually  ;D

Wasn't directing that at anyone in particular, just would rather we all keep TLJ talk in the Star Wars thread.

And I've had no issue with people being skeptical about the movie (not that i'm saying you said I did) but it was the people who flat out said the movie was garbage months before seeing footage or eventually seeing the film.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: MudButt on Sep 08, 2018, 12:53:32 AM
Wasn't directing that at anyone in particular

Ok  :)

Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: MudButt on Sep 08, 2018, 12:53:32 AM
And I've had no issue with people being skeptical about the movie (not that i'm saying you said I did) but it was the people who flat out said the movie was garbage months before seeing footage or eventually seeing the film.

Yeah, it's depressing, and even toxic sometimes.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/the-predator-review-2018-tiff-1202001424/amp/

Another great review summing up the movie for what it truly is.  Another missed opportunity

Cheetah

Cheetah

bbrokentusk420 haven't seen the movie and already latched on all the negative reviews (forgetting the fact that rottentomatoes still show an overall postive rating for the movie). How typical of these haters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed