The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 71,261 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Thor Ragnarok is one of the best superhero films ever made, so no- you're wrong "The Lone Ranger" on that.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So for reals.... there's

Spoiler
a Predator full body combat suit similar to Iron Man with dreads? That's what the Fugitive and Assassin are fighting about?
[close]

TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger

Quote from: Hollywood on Sep 07, 2018, 04:46:15 PM
Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 07, 2018, 04:13:26 PM
Rotten tomatoes can't be taken seriously... comprimised as hell.

It's simply a collection of everyone's review and a percentage of critics who recommend the film. It's worth taking into account but some people think a movie that is at 50% means it's a terrible movie when really it means 50% of critics recommend it.
No it isn't whatsoever, it's been proven they've shown bias in how scores from reviewers are translated to the percentage on the rotten or fresh meter.

Anything Disney related or Marvel Studios related, or SJW related no matter how piss poor or average at best of a film, see black panther or last jedi, gets the huge pass. And usually get asinine score rankings greater than the some of cinemas instant classic's LOL

You got to be kidding me?

Xan21

Xan21

Exactly

TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 07, 2018, 04:50:38 PM
Thor Ragnarok is one of the best superhero films ever made, so no- you're wrong "The Lone Ranger" on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYF-3pXDF0g
No. That movie is hot f**king garbage. It doesn't take itselr seriously, because then it would then be held to higher standards.

Like most of the Marvel Studios films.

They rely on tension deflating jokes, at all times, which undercuts any sense of drama or tension.  This was even an issue in a much superior film (thanks to RDJ) with Infinity War. 

The jokes on occasion work on first viewing, they didn't for the vast majority of Thor 3 but the over abundance of humor make repeat viewings boring and unwatchable. When you aim to be the clown, you're not held to any standards.

It's much more difficult to take material such as Thor and treat it seriously, and get an audience to treat it seriously or invest thoroughly.

See what Christopher Nolan did for Batman, and what Zack Snyder at least had the balls to try to do with Superman.

Thor Ragnorak is shit.  And thankfully all it's fluff and pointlessness is thoroughly destroyed in the very next entries opening scene in Infinity War.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 07, 2018, 04:50:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYF-3pXDF0g

Still need to see this one. I was passing a room where it was being watched a few weeks ago and all I managed to hear was someone talking about a giant anus. Giggles, but I do hope they wrap the marvel universe up soon. Preferably on a serious note like Logan. I'd like to hear and see them as real people for once. Dealing with age, death, and going their separate ways. An end to heroes, as it were.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 07, 2018, 05:15:29 PM
So for reals.... there's

Spoiler
a Predator full body combat suit similar to Iron Man with dreads? That's what the Fugitive and Assassin are fighting about?
[close]

Yep.

Spoiler
They're going to invade us. Lucky for us we have this great new tech. It's Independence Day Resurgence all over again.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Wow. "The Lone Ranger"

That's a lot of swearing,
must really make you angry that it's so good.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Nah, RT is generally a good tool in determining whether a film is accepted or not. Simple as that.

Danversity

Danversity

I just want The Predator to be Certified Fresh because I'm sick and tired of having to defend popularly hated movies. Won't determine if it's good or not, what will determine that for me it's my own experiences, and scores and reviews have no influence there. But I just want a Predator movie to be commonly well-received.

Ingwar

Ingwar

RT don't mean anything as long as you enjoy the movie. Certified Fresh or not it doesn't matter.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 07, 2018, 05:41:31 PM
I just want The Predator to be Certified Fresh because I'm sick and tired of having to defend popularly hated movies. Won't determine if it's good or not, what will determine that for me it's my own experiences, and scores and reviews have no influence there. But I just want a Predator movie to be commonly well-received.

I hear ya, buddy - but if there's anything you can rest easy about it's the fact that people aren't unanimously trashing it as reviews seem to be mixed. Just a matter of whether you're able to roll with it, which is more than what can be said about this weekend's The Nun, which is a bummer because me and my friends were all excited to see that tonight haha but that ultimately helps The Predators box office prospects since word of mouth on The Nun isn't too hot and likely wont carry over to next weekend.

Huggs

Huggs

I've never heard a bad word said about the original. As far as I know people seem to respect it, and it seems generally well received. So there you go. Now, as for this latest film, critics and reviewers will compliment the actor's chemistry and the music, but everything else will get slammed...hard. But don't worry what other people think about the movies you like. If it works for you, that's all that matters.

TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 07, 2018, 05:32:03 PM
Wow. "The Lone Ranger"

That's a lot of swearing,
must really make you angry that it's so good.
No I just like swearing.  I know all the Thor movies and even most of the MCU movies are hot trash.  Cinematic equivalent to McDonalds honestly.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 07, 2018, 06:01:32 PM

I've never heard a bad word said about the original. As far as I know people seem to respect it, and it seems generally well received. So there you go. Now, as for this latest film, critics and reviewers will compliment the actor's chemistry and the music, but everything else will get slammed...hard. But don't worry what other people think about the movies you like. If it works for you, that's all that matters.

Oh yeah I wasn't counting the original on that. Was thinking more of Predator 2 and Predators. And many other films that get trashed and I end up loving them.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: TheLoneRanger on Sep 07, 2018, 06:05:09 PM
Cinematic equivalent to McDonalds honestly.

Now that's a new one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed