Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 320,894 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 26, 2018, 11:20:46 AM
Quote from: Huntsman on Nov 26, 2018, 11:07:17 AMWhat stuck out to me was how much I liked the militia compound sequence. Why?

The explosions are fantastic. Some of the best you'll see in an action movie. Really powerful and satisfying. And this works on a few levels. It shows the audience these soldiers are not to be f**ked with. They stomp their foes with ease, and nothing really bothers them in the heat of combat. So when they're expressing fear and concern later on, you know things are very serious. Also, I dig the knowledge that the Predator is watching everything unfold. He knows these are violent people.

I've always thought that sequence to be a contender for best shootout ever put to screen in American cinema (there are Hong Kong films that blow it away, but I digress). It's five minutes of utter, glorious bedlam.

And IIRC it was one of the A-Team directors/cinematographers that shot that.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

2nd unit director:

Spoiler
[close]

SiL

SiL

Meanwhile McTiernan wasn't entirely happy with it, as it's a lot more static than how he shot the rest of the film (he wasn't allowed to film it for being such a new director). He mentioned one of the reasons he was happier with Die Hard was he got to direct everything, including the big action sequences.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Weird, but interesting.

Oh and Predator.

SM

SM

I just watched Predators again.  There's a few clunky bits (they were walking out in the open for ages and no one ever glimpsed the myriad planets overhead before the big reveal?) - but I like it better than Predator 2.

Kradan

Kradan

Predators is really good movie. That's all I have to say

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's probably a tighter film than the second, but I still prefer Predator 2, and by some margin. Mostly because all the Predator stuff in the second film is so good (just look at how iconic some of the weaponry it introduced has become). The third didn't bring in anything especially memorable.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 24, 2019, 03:07:28 PM
It's probably a tighter film than the second, but I still prefer Predator 2, and by some margin. Mostly because all the Predator stuff in the second film is so good (just look at how iconic some of the weaponry it introduced has become). The third didn't bring in anything especially memorable.

My Man!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Predator is my favorite, then P2 right behind it.

Predators is okay, I love Brodys performance. But I don't care for the Super Preds or the suit performances. The Samurai showdown scene should have been great but the Predator came off as slow and clunky and the single forearm blade looks awkward to me.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 24, 2019, 04:02:46 PM
Predator is my favorite, then P2 right behind it.

Yeaaah buddy!

SM

SM

I think Predator 2 has a bit too much cheez, and is dated in a way the first and third aren't.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's all fair.

I still much prefer it to Predators though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Dated? The movie takes place in the future! All the way to year 1997!

;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jun 24, 2019, 08:26:15 PM

I think Predator 2 has a bit too much cheez, and is dated in a way the first and third aren't.

I agree so strongly on both of those comments. It doesn't make me like the film any less, mind you, but I can't disagree with you at all there.

Kradan

Kradan

Diplomacy is Hicks' second nature  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed