Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 311,886 times)

Huntsman

Huntsman

And yet after several sequels for each, it hasn't happened with the Predator and Alien franchises. I personally think the nostalgia level is too high.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 09:44:01 AM
I don't think that's true, if Mad Max Fury Road can outdo the originals after 20 years of development hell so can a new Predator or Alien film.
The difference being that that was a visionary film in which studio's didn't meddle to much.

SiL

SiL

Or the fact it was the one guy in control the whole time and he matured and grew more skilled as a filmmaker and came back and demonstrated as such.

I love Mad Max Fury Road but it's such an outlier.

The Old One

The Old One

Oh I'm aware the circumstances were completely different.

I hope with the Alien prequels that third time's the charm.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 16, 2018, 02:22:24 AM
The tenth one's find themselves on...the wrong side of "da bwoorda".  ;D

:laugh: Arnold's accent is iconic in most of his films, but it's arguably the most iconic in Predator.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SiL on Sep 16, 2018, 10:49:35 AM
Or the fact it was the one guy in control the whole time and he matured and grew more skilled as a filmmaker and came back and demonstrated as such.

This is not how Disney nor Fox work.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Here's a video I done sharing my least to most favourite out of the Predator movies.

Aliens1986fanboy

Aliens1986fanboy

My favourite Predator movie is Predator 2 absolutely!

Huntsman

Huntsman

Really? Who would have guessed.

The Old One

The Old One

Who doesn't love all those gadgets?

City Hunter accommodates.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Exactly. Talking about expanding the lore in a smart way, predator 2 is a perfect example of that. And as for the Fury Road example, i couldn't agree more, and only wish it will happen one day.

Kudzu

Kudzu

Huntsman

Huntsman

Watched the movie again for the first time in a while last night.

What stuck out to me was how much I liked the militia compound sequence. Why?

The explosions are fantastic. Some of the best you'll see in an action movie. Really powerful and satisfying. And this works on a few levels. It shows the audience these soldiers are not to be f**ked with. They stomp their foes with ease, and nothing really bothers them in the heat of combat. So when they're expressing fear and concern later on, you know things are very serious. Also, I dig the knowledge that the Predator is watching everything unfold. He knows these are violent people.

Also a little comment - the opening scene with the helicopters flying into the jungle is underrated. Long Tall Sally creates a excitable, energetic feeling, and when the radio is turned off, the mood changes to business. Really effective edit. There's a lot to like about this film with things that don't even involve the title character.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huntsman on Nov 26, 2018, 11:07:17 AMWhat stuck out to me was how much I liked the militia compound sequence. Why?

The explosions are fantastic. Some of the best you'll see in an action movie. Really powerful and satisfying. And this works on a few levels. It shows the audience these soldiers are not to be f**ked with. They stomp their foes with ease, and nothing really bothers them in the heat of combat. So when they're expressing fear and concern later on, you know things are very serious. Also, I dig the knowledge that the Predator is watching everything unfold. He knows these are violent people.

I've always thought that sequence to be a contender for best shootout ever put to screen in American cinema (there are Hong Kong films that blow it away, but I digress). It's five minutes of utter, glorious bedlam.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

The first one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed