Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 268,873 times)

serbip1

serbip1

I loved all the Predator movies besides "Predators",I feel neutral about it,but I enjoy the Predators design.

colonialmarine9

colonialmarine9

I just watched the all of the Predator movies this week

I love Predator and Predator 2 but Predators is not as strong as a Predator movie, it isn't a bad movie but the main problem with it is that it feels rather mediocre and bland in some parts of the movie. My main problems with the film is that the Preds are far to weak, that it copies the original far to much and that it doesn't have the feel of the first two movies, it doesn't feel like a Predator film should.

As for the ratings

P1 and P2 are excellent films with the original being a little better

Ps while not a bad film is rather mediocre compared to the original two films

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Feel the same.

nanison

nanison

I can't pick between 1 and 2 so I went for predator 2 to boost up it's numbers. Very underrated film, it would be more regarded if Arnold was in it but to me it doesn't matter...
What I especially like about the 2 films is the really extended climatic battle scenes. Where the hunter becomes the hunted.Where the hero takes on the beast one on one. It's like Jaws when Quint and his crew hunt for the shark, it's quite epic and it lasts for about 40 minutes or so. Predator 1 and 2 does the same.
Predators looks and feels cheap and uninspired.

Master

Master

Yeah, I agree with that opinion.

klesk4ever

klesk4ever

Predator 2 is my favorite. I simply like the whole "urban jungle" setting more, and Danny Glover acting was awesome.
Predator is right behind it.

Predators was close, but several things made my eyes roll. ::)

Huntsman

Huntsman

My ranking is Predator, Predator 2 and Predators.

The original is a stone cold classic and the sequel is very underrated.
I like Predators a lot more than I did. If anything it's also underrated.

We return to the jungle, but the situation is slightly different.
The 1987 soundtrack is directly referenced a number of times.
It had a greater focus on the characters ala the original film.
It introduced new Predator elements like the other two films - the drone and the dogs.

It's not as good as the other films but it's not without merit. It was a big step in the right direction.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

P1
P2
P's

The first one is perfect, it is vastly superior to the other ones in terms of directing and cinematography, it's easily demonstrable. But I absolutely love the second one too, it added a great amount of good stuff to the lore, and it is wonderfully entertaining and paced, nervous and really hardcore. P's was very mediocre to me, a pretentious "homage" to the first one (nobody asked rodriguez to pay homage to the first one anyway, who is he to be legitimate enough to do that ?), a lazy movie with no real intensity or creativity (barely), some shots looks good though, but it's very thin.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 02, 2017, 03:54:17 PM
P's was very mediocre to me, a pretentious "homage" to the first one (nobody asked rodriguez to pay homage to the first one anyway, who is he to be legitimate enough to do that ?), a lazy movie with no real intensity or creativity (barely), some shots looks good though, but it's very thin.
Sure, some things are on the nose, such as having another character lugging around a minigun. But I think Predators has just enough differentiation not to be a blatant remake. For example, we get another 'stand and fight' scene ala Billy in the original, but this time, even though the character is still killed, we actually see the encounter and he manages to take a Predator with him.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Sure, this was different from the first movie, but I thought it was poorly orchestrated, and what rodriguez didn't seem to get, is that all the power in this scene in the first movie, was that you never actually saw it. That kept you on the edge of your seat, imagining what horrible stuff coul've happen to Billy ! In Predators I'm sure nearly nobody was on the edge of their seat during this scene. In the first movie it was symbolic to take out off-screen the only character who seemed to be the first to kinda understand what he was dealing with... Here in Predators it's just "ooh let's make a cool scene to show a never seen before fight between a yakusa and and Predator ! Sooo cooool !" You just need to read rodriguez interviews and watch the behind the scenes of some of his movies, and you'll know this is how he thinks... Very teenage-like reasoning...

Highland

Highland

I watched Predators for the first time in ages this week. I think I like it better now than I did on release, funny how it works like that. It could possibly also be how I thought the characters seemed to be reacting in a real way not only to their environment, but to the situation they had been put in. Having just come off the back of Covenant where seeing thousands of Alien dead bodies seemed to be just another day in the office for the Covenant crew.

There's some beautiful shots in the jungle, the music is great with the original sound track, the acting is very good with the characters actually having character. Funnily enough if anything that lets the movie down it's the Predators, it sort of takes a sharp turn to the left when Nolan shows up.

I can't help but think if they'd played Nolan straight up as a helper ( not a madman) the film could have been much better, although I think from memory he only had a small shooting time.

Overall, a solid film. The Predator series for me is much more in tune with what it's trying to be over it's other half the Alien series. Predator is a much more rounded franchise despite each movie not really having much to do with the previous one. It feels like each movie is respecting the base rules and previous canon.

Saying that, what I read about Shane Blacks new movie could potentially spoil that.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: Highland on Jul 11, 2017, 12:49:42 PM
I watched Predators for the first time in ages this week. I think I like it better now than I did on release, funny how it works like that.
Yep. I went into my rewatch with an open mind, and was more or less won over. Super Predators aren't my cup of tea, but I went along with the concept and embraced it for what it was.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think my biggest issue with Predators is how they botched Fishburne's character.

He had so much potential, but ended up coming off as really silly.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 12, 2017, 10:03:55 AM
I think my biggest issue with Predators is how they botched Fishburne's character.

He had so much potential, but ended up coming off as really silly.

Yeah, they should/could have just made him Dutch mark 2. If a small part was in order he could have sacrificed himself and took out a Pred....or they could have just missed that section out completely. I kind of liked the idea of an Alien mining ship though.

It felt like - "We got Fishburn! ok....write this piece in quick".

Still it doesn't take a big dump all over the lore, that's one thing the Predator movies got right. Adding onto the lore, not wiping over the top of it or blatantly ignoring established points. 

Scorpio

Scorpio

It should've been Danny Glover or Arnold in that role. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed