Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 269,711 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it was more the cheese in Predator 2 that got it flack. I loved it personally - all the Predator stuff in 2 was fantastic.

QuiGonGinNJuice

QuiGonGinNJuice

The problem i see with Predators is they set up a great story line with the super Predators vs classic Predators so why have humans involved at all. The Badblood vs enforcer comic was well done. but had humans in it as well. I want to see a movie with predators vs predators on a massive scale. Or predators hunting a new Alien species.

Back to the Super preds. they did not see to be that much stronger then the classics which I like and I could see either winning in a fair fight( in the movie classic was hung up for a unknown time before the fight and was on the super preds home court so to speak) when they are compared to Wolves and dogs in the movie classics must be more German Shepherd then Pomeranian. Since he does put up a fight before being killed. That is why for my costume I'm a classic pred but my shoulder pad as made out of the mask of the Berserker Predators mask to show I had killed a super Pred.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Watched Predators for the first time in ages last night.

It's a fun film with a few great elements. Royce is awesome, despite the left-field casting. The character's great and probably the only one in the movie that's genuinely memorable (unless you count Noland, but he's mostly memorable for the wrong reasons). It's a shame there are so many potentially great concepts in the film that end up being botched, Noland and the idea of warring Preds being two of the most obvious ones.

I think the thing that really drags the movie though down is this - unlike the first two, it just doesn't feel particularly special. It's just another movie that happens to have Predators in it, as opposed to a God damn Predator movie. I also felt like it has an unmistakeable air of cheapness to it, like they were just doing the bare minimum to get it out there. Whether you love or hate Predator 2, you at least get the impression they threw everything at it.

overthere

overthere

I agree completely. Royce was great, but Nolan literally paused the movie and ruined any kind of pacing it had. Also, he's worried about having more mouths to feed, but seems well fed himself.

There are too many homages to the original. What are the odds of Dutch experiencing everything, and then this group experiences similar course of events within already astronomical chances of getting hunted by a Predator? Imagine Dutch and Royce meeting in a survivor's therapy group and sharing their experience.

Dutch: Then I started running but fell in a river
Royce: We too!

Dutch: I told the thing "c'mon, do it, do it, kill me I'm here"
Royce: Hey, our guy did that too!

Dutch: One of my guys stood back with a big knife and tried to fight it head on
Royce: Hey, our guy did that too (with a sword)!

Predators copied some things scene by scene, which makes it a crappy sequel. Things like this don't happen in the same order twice.

Primordial

Primordial

QuoteWatched Predators for the first time in ages last night.
Coincidence, same for me.

Only Noland was memorable, but his on-screen time was too short and how his death was delivered was terrible.
I particularly like the alien planet sky which shows the other planets and moons. The atmosphere is excellent as well as the colors, maybe the strongest point of the movie.

QuoteI also felt like it has an unmistakeable air of cheapness to it

I especially have in mind the about-average dialogues with a poor interactivity/fluidity between characters, a very cheesy death like Walter Stans' one and some unneeded betrayal of one guy. This movie also doesn't elevate the prestige of the predators if we were to establish a 'hunting rank'.

Predator    : 9,75/10
Predator 2 : 7/10 (from memory, have to rewatch it)
Predators  : 8/10

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Primordial on Mar 31, 2016, 09:41:48 PM
QuoteWatched Predators for the first time in ages last night.
Coincidence, same for me.

Only Noland was memorable, but his on-screen time was too short and how his death was delivered was terrible.
I particularly like the alien planet sky which shows the other planets and moons. The atmosphere is excellent as well as the colors, maybe the strongest point of the movie.

QuoteI also felt like it has an unmistakeable air of cheapness to it

I especially have in mind the about-average dialogues with a poor interactivity/fluidity between characters, a very cheesy death like Walter Stans' one and some unneeded betrayal of one guy. This movie also doesn't elevate the prestige of the predators if we were to establish a 'hunting rank'.

how come you gave it more then P2

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Primordial on Mar 31, 2016, 09:41:48 PM

What takes away 0,25 from Predator?

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Mar 31, 2016, 09:45:32 PM
how come you gave it more then P2

To be honest, it has been such a long time I haven't seen 'Predator 2' that I only remember vaguely the icetruck scene, the old lady with the broom and the hero droping the weapon when the other predators appear... I was quite disappointed at the time compared to the previous one, and imo it shouldn't have occured in a city (well, seeing you avatar you would probably disagree, which is totally fine, it is just a matter of taste of course). I'm one of those who put emphasis on the place and atmosphere, that's why 'Predators' has a higher grade.
The 7/10 can only get higher after rewatch.

Quote from: overthere on Apr 01, 2016, 12:04:54 AM
What takes away 0,25 from Predator?

Due to rewatch the other day. It grew as a legendary film in me however there are details like some poor parts in the music (which is too much of a contrast with the overall masterpiece that is delivered) and some not exactly great performance from Arnie even though this movie isn't about acting.

In the 'spirit', this movie is worth 10/10 but it is a little message to reconsider the fact of idealizing too much previous movies and slashing the sequels, (I especially have in mind 'Terminator Genisys' , this movie didn't deserve all this hate)

overthere

overthere

I wish there was a Director's Cut of the original.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's very little to add back into it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Apr 17, 2016, 11:54:22 AMI wish there was a Director's Cut of the original.

As Hicks says, by all accounts there was very little filmed for the original movie that didn't make it into the final cut. Some stuff with the original suit and a couple of very brief deleted scenes from the DVD that aren't really very interesting anyway.

Predator 2, on the other hand...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd love to see that NC17 cut of Predator.

overthere

overthere

There was that scene where a butterfly lands on cloaked Predator. There's a scene in the script that didn't get filmed but it would have been cool, where the Predator is right behind someone following them step by step, when they stop he stops, when they move he moves. Sort of like something from a cartoon where Tom is trying to be silent behind Spike.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Cliche as it may sound, the first one. Though I think Predator 2 is great as well, I like it nearly as much as its predecessor.

Xan21

Xan21

It's so amazing to me how Predator 2 does have that same vibe as the first one, that hot sweaty feel, the amazing music, the gore, great looking Predators, intense characters. It's the cartoony human characters that made it a bit iffy at times, but I almost love it as much as the first one. I wish Hopkins would give us a directors cut.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed