Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 269,351 times)

Space Invader

Space Invader

Predator 1 was the best especially the fight in the end: Schwarzenegger vs Predator.

Wolf_sas

Wolf_sas

Went for predator 1, I love both equally but the first one has the coolest cast, the predator being slowly revealed builds the tension, then when you finally see him he's awesome looking, then the fight with arnie - perfect.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: Predator Schwarzenegger on Dec 12, 2006, 12:32:21 PM
but I can't help but think if Jim Cameron had jumped at it as with Aliens it would have rocked.
Arnold had this huge powerful presence on screen (Conan, Terminator), as well as physically, and that made you think, wow if this big brawny powerhouse commando whose trained and combat proven has a tough time, this alien is one bad ass! Arnold's persona elevates Predator's menace.
The Predator in 2 is updated and looks fiercer, but seeing Glover put it in its place so easily makes it look wimpy and unconvincing.
Very good post.

Well you're getting a do-over sequel in a Cameron-esque "Aliens" style for Predator(s) with RR's sequel to the original.

PredatorSniper

PredatorSniper

I like them both.
True Arnie isn't the best actor but it was a great concept and the film turned out awesome, did you know that while filming it Arnie got real sick and had to be put on IV's to hydrate him ... some sort of flu or something, I remember watching an interview with Arnie about it at one point and that they had to add a lot of foliage to the sets to make the jungle thicker.

As for the sequel it was okay it had its moments, I do like the second predators attitude a lot. I also liked to see all the other Predators in the end .... if you go to youtube you can find a behind the scenes dance routine from when they were all in the ship it is pretty funny.   

I would really like to see a movie with lots of Pedators throughout the whole movie but doubt it will happen.   Something like Predator: Bad Blood (comic mini series by dark horse) but with more of them fighting each other .... I hear that we might see a little something similar to that in the up coming Predators movie but that remains to be seen.

Race_of_Hunters

Race_of_Hunters

Predator is my favorite, quite easily.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 09, 2010, 03:30:57 AM
Predator 2 was cheesy for other reasons. That opening shootut scene was so OTT, not to mention all the gore the film had. Sure, Predator had gore too but it wasn't gushing blood.
Well, so was the rebel battle in Predator. Predator is essentially an 80's macho movie in the vein of Rambo which descends into a horror movie. The Rambo sections and characters disarm the viewer. Once the Predator leaps in and lays waste to the team it's a shock. very effective. Predator 2 is a hard boiled cop film, all the cliches to boot, with an alien.
I love both movies, but Predator is better by a wide margin.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Predator wasn't entirely cheese though. One scene, versus, to me, like at least 4 in Predator 2.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 16, 2010, 09:52:29 PM
Predator wasn't entirely cheese though. One scene, versus, to me, like at least 4 in Predator 2.
True, Predator's cheesy scenes are focused on one spot of the movie, when Dutch's team fight the rebels. Exhilarating scene, but Arnold brings the cheese ("Knock, knock" "Stick around") and Blaine gets in another great one liner (no need to quote that one) and the rebels shoot like Stormtroopers. Afterward, the film turns on the 80's action movie and becomes a horror. In Predator 2, the hard boiled cop stuff doesn't quite go away.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Indeed. I could never get over that ridiculous scene in the LAPD HQ at the beginning just after the opening sequence in the street. Seriously, even in Steven Seagal movies a police department doesn't look that crazy.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 16, 2010, 10:03:42 PM
Indeed. I could never get over that ridiculous scene in the LAPD HQ at the beginning just after the opening sequence in the street. Seriously, even in Steven Seagal movies a police department doesn't look that crazy.
It always makes me think of the police station in Robocop.

Big_BLACK

Big_BLACK

Can't top the original.  Predator 2 has moments, but overall the concept isn't as engaging, mysterious, and as entertaining as the original film.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 16, 2010, 10:03:42 PM

The deal breaker for me was the slaughterhouse scene.

I mean, silver jumpsuits?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't know if that was intentional simply because silver looks nice. Might have been silver, for the same reason lab coats are always white; just that way.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I mean that it looks absolutely ridiculous.

Took me right out of the movie then and there.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: PredatorSniper on Apr 11, 2010, 10:00:12 PM
I would really like to see a movie with lots of Pedators throughout the whole movie but doubt it will happen.   Something like Predator: Bad Blood (comic mini series by dark horse) but with more of them fighting each other .... I hear that we might see a little something similar to that in the up coming Predators movie but that remains to be seen.
You mean like Predators?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed