Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 269,880 times)

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Mar 02, 2010, 04:52:49 PM
That's actually a pretty cool idea; a Predator indirectly manipulating humans to fight amongst each other, picking off the survivors as it goes. 'Cause, hey, it weeds out the weak and unworthy prey, amirite?

Your idea is better than mine.  I always loved how the Predator observed things.

What I was thinking was that this gang war was going on....and Harrigan's crew was assigned to stop it.  All the while a young Predator would watch the two gangs...and collect some general info on them.  Of course not know all of the members but know who the major players were.  He would notice Harrigan showing up at scenes and taking care of stuff.  Well the Predator came and went and whenever he came to Earth he would check up on Harrigan and the gang war.

Well he comes back much older and much more trained. He notices that the war has stopped and wants to hunt Harrigan...to become faimilar with the goings on....he starts a war.

Sounds crappy, I know.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 02, 2010, 10:40:04 PM
Not really. Jesse Ventura never claimed to be a good actor, hell the man never really made a serious career out of it.

Busey on the other hand...
Yet still no logic in your statements.

How does that make one cornier than the other ...

Jesse Ventura was certainly an actor ... he was a wrestler for christ sakes.

Busey didn't say anything cheesy or corny in the film.  It was played straight forward.  You're not articulating how Busey being the movie therefore makes it cheesy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

His lines just sounded dumb. They could've used him intelligently but they give him stuff like "Let him go. We're too close". Not to mention that big, Busey-trademark close-up at the end right before the cater blows him away, yeesh. So annoying.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 06, 2010, 01:29:53 AM
His lines just sounded dumb. They could've used him intelligently but they give him stuff like "Let him go. We're too close". Not to mention that big, Busey-trademark close-up at the end right before the cater blows him away, yeesh. So annoying.
They could've wrote better dialogue, sure but the line of dialogue you mention was hardly cheesy.  Not in the slightest.

You don't like P2, that's fine.  But don't sit here and give absolutely horrendous examples of "cheesiness" that weren't even there.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 06, 2010, 01:29:53 AMBusey-trademark close-up at the end right before the cater blows him away, yeesh. So annoying.
Wait ... close ups are a "cheesy" Busey exclusive?

;D

You're hilarious

DeadCities

DeadCities

Quote from: jimmyboy on Jan 19, 2007, 10:13:56 PM
P1 is the best movie I think but P2 is very good too... I like the fact its based in a city. The stealth in the Predator series is excellent, just like Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)!

Do I sense a Snake vs Predator tie-in? Cinematic gold! Let's see how the Predator fares against the might of the cardboard box!

DeadCities

DeadCities

Quote from: DamnBirds on Mar 05, 2010, 10:37:35 PM

Busey didn't say anything cheesy or corny in the film.  It was played straight forward.  You're not articulating how Busey being the movie therefore makes it cheesy.

How can you not love a guy who has such epic lines like this: "Bunch a slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff will make you a goddamn sexual tyranasaurus!"

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 06, 2010, 01:29:53 AM

I still don't see how Gary Busy made the movie cheesy. I thought he made one of the best parts of the movie.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: The Demon on Mar 06, 2010, 06:44:24 PM
I still don't see how Gary Busy made the movie cheesy. I thought he made one of the best parts of the movie.
It's simple, cause he didn't ...

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: DeadCities on Mar 06, 2010, 06:54:58 AM
Quote from: DamnBirds on Mar 05, 2010, 10:37:35 PM

How can you not love a guy who has such epic lines like this: "Bunch a slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff will make you a goddamn sexual tyranasaurus!"
I love that line, and I love the film ... love Jesse Ventura in the film.  But he is chalk full of corny acting, they managed to keep it in check.  How is "Leave him alone, we're too close" any cheesier than "I don't have time to bleed."

::)

Both movies were awesome, and Busey being in P2 didn't make it cheesy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I never said Busey made it cheesy. I said he was part of the reason it was cheesy.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 07, 2010, 05:07:34 AM
I never said Busey made it cheesy. I said he was part of the reason it was cheesy.
Oh ok, well we will have to agree to disagree bruh

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Chah.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 07, 2010, 05:07:34 AM

I don't see much of a difference but whatever.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Predator 2 was cheesy for other reasons. That opening shootut scene was so OTT, not to mention all the gore the film had. Sure, Predator had gore too but it wasn't gushing blood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed