Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 268,513 times)

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Very hard choice for me, as I love them both and for different reasons...

I had to go with the 2nd movie, yeah its abit 'yorky' (as Mcterrien described it himself) But it expanded the character and Predator universe, and had alot of neat, cool Ideas. Loved the final battle as well inside the Predator ship, was intense for me to watch this battered city cop take on the Pred.

Would just love to see all the deleted gory scenes put back in.  ;D

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

I haven't really been on the predator forum much just the avp bit so overall is predator 2 a hated movie like alien rez is or is it just not as good as original. I like them both equally but i voted predator 1 because it started it all off :)

Basher917

Basher917

I loved the first film, i thought the second film was good too, but for me it was a disappointment how much better the first film was in my opinion.

superdeathpredator

Its a tie for me but I might choose the second one, it has awesome weapons and a cool location.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Predator 2, is easily the better movie for me.

I can understand why so many love Predator, but never understood the Predator 2 hate.

Predator 2, moving to the "urban" jungle was a no brainer.  And to me as an audience member, seeing the Predator stalk and kill in a major urban city is more frightening than a team of black special forces agents fighting a creature in a FAR distint tropical rainforest.

I thought Predator 2 wreaked of more interesting atmosphere.  The jungle was cool, but you can only take it so far.  In the city, you had crazy street wars between rival drug gangs.  Diverse, interesting and funny Jamaicans and Latinos battling it out.  The urban decay was just awesome in this movie.

Predator 2 also took a significant step in advancing the mythos, and the world we know of the Predator.  Danny Glover was a straight up G, in this movie.  When people complain about him I immedietely roll my eyes.  He was as worthy of the protagonist role as Arnold, and casting him as an action hero was an interesting choice.  I thought the design of the Predator was more edgy and frightening as well.

And to me the end to Predator 2 was more epic than the end of the 1st film.  It gives you an idea of how long the Predators have been visiting earth for the thrill of the hunt.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't hate Predator 2, not at all. I just think it's really really cheesy.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 25, 2010, 02:14:55 AM
I just don't see how it could be any more cheesy than the original.  Tone wise, they are very similar apart from the inherent comedy of a massive alien hunter encountering every day people like say the old woman whose apartment he busts into.

EarthHive

EarthHive

The first Predator is the best hands down...I don't hate P2 either...I have no feeling one way or the other towards it....but it is hard  to believe the same people wrote both films.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: DamnBirds on Feb 25, 2010, 04:39:58 AM
I just don't see how it could be any more cheesy than the original.

It had Gary Busey. Enough said.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 26, 2010, 02:25:19 AM
Fantastic logic ...

And the original had Jesse "the Body" Ventura

Two can play that game

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Predator 1, no contest.

EarthHive

EarthHive

Adding Busey is never a bad idea...I just think he was used the wrong way. 

Predator 2 should have just been like this.  Two of the biggest gangs at peace for X number of years due to Harrigan's major crimes division. A predator kills a gang member in the style of the other gang and the two gangs begin fighting with a predator playing both sides and Harrigan's team caught in the middle.   I know that is a horrible plot...but my point is...this should have been a "small film"...meaning the government shouldn't have gotte involved.  Just keep it on the streets...

I don't know if that makes sense.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: EarthHive on Mar 01, 2010, 03:18:34 AM

Adding Busey is never a bad idea...I just think he was used the wrong way. 

Predator 2 should have just been like this.  Two of the biggest gangs at peace for X number of years due to Harrigan's major crimes division. A predator kills a gang member in the style of the other gang and the two gangs begin fighting with a predator playing both sides and Harrigan's team caught in the middle.   I know that is a horrible plot...but my point is...this should have been a "small film"...meaning the government shouldn't have gotte involved.  Just keep it on the streets...

I don't know if that makes sense.

That's actually a pretty cool idea; a Predator indirectly manipulating humans to fight amongst each other, picking off the survivors as it goes. 'Cause, hey, it weeds out the weak and unworthy prey, amirite?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: DamnBirds on Feb 27, 2010, 09:45:15 AM
Fantastic logic ...

And the original had Jesse "the Body" Ventura

Two can play that game

Not really. Jesse Ventura never claimed to be a good actor, hell the man never really made a serious career out of it.

Busey on the other hand...

jn015

jn015

They were both great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed