Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 305,071 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

While Predator is still my favorite of the 2 (+ certainly always will be) upon a recent viewing of Predator 2 i found it to be much more enjoyable. I think what hurts this movie most for me is the bulk of the 1st half. There is some solid action but a lot of the story (futuristic L.A.) + characters don't match up to the Jungle of Predator 1 or Arnold + his team. It is the "Slaughter House" sequence for me that really elevates this film. It is a fantastic sequence is certainly fantastic + really from that point on the movie doesn't let up.

I think looking at Predator 2 for what it is + not directly comparing different elements to Predator 2 goes a long way towards better enjoying the film. That is a difficult task when it comes to sequels though... hence the criticisms that "Alien 3" + "Alien: Resurrection" tend to take.

Cyraxcog117

Cyraxcog117

Predator 1 because of the setting it was more scary because you didn't know what the creature was.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Agreed. It had an Alienesque vibe to it. Until the last...10 minutes or so.

LukeSpidey

LukeSpidey

"Predator" is my favourite movie. I also love the second film, and I thinks is a great sequel, but the jungle, Arnold and all that stuff was just amazing.

I remember when I was a little kid I was very afraid of this movie even though Schwarzenegger was my favourite actor that time. I watched in for the first time maybe 10 years ago and from that time it's, in my opinion, the best sci-fi movie ever.

Then I've watched "Predator II" and despite the fact that the movie was completely different I loved it from the first sight, but still think that the first is the best.

The_Undertaker

The_Undertaker

My favourite Predator movie has to be first one. Though the second one really gave a lot of new information about the Predator but it didn't gave enough action like the first Predator movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The 2nd film had more action than Predator. Way more.

The_Undertaker

The_Undertaker

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2009, 04:34:06 PM
Well only a little but still I prefer the first movie instead.

LukeSpidey

LukeSpidey

Yeah. In the second movie there was non-stop action starting from the subway to the predator's spaceship.

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

That's why I like P2 more but most people prefer Predator because of the suspense factor.

LukeSpidey

LukeSpidey

Most people prefer Predator 1, because this was something new. We haven't seen anything like this before in the big screen. Some alien with great weaponary and technology hunted one by one the best marines group and they were powerless although the had some heavy arsenal with them. Predator 2, like many already said was the city-jungle and besides we have known who was the hunter.

Master Chief

Master Chief

There were more rounds fired in P1.

The Demon

The Demon

You counted?

Seeing how it was in a shitty city where there's shootings everyday.  (Predator2)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Yeah, you didn't? Hmph, and you want people to call you Wolf.

predalien-hybrid

predalien-hybrid

I was so scared when the predator in Predator 1 took of his mask all slowly...what suspense! :o

LukeSpidey

LukeSpidey

That was one big memorable moment in the sci-fi cinema history. And the mask dropped in the water with this heavy sound. Cool. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed