Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 269,650 times)

SiL

SiL

I won't argue the score is as good, I just can't agree it's somehow more derivative.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, everything SiL just said.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 11, 2021, 11:20:47 PM
I was pretty disappointed with Predators overall and I share a lot of the criticisms that Voodoo has. But I don't see it as a remake at all myself, I think even just the jungle setting alone is enough to make the casuals think remake. But the film has grown on me over time and I think it's gold compared to The Predator.

After repeat viewings and a loathing develop for Shane's film, The Predator definitely has helped my appreciation for Predators tremendously, much like Alien Resurrection did for Alien3 for me years ago. I look in comparison and say, hey these suddenly don't seem so bad. I find the perspective transition interesting actually.

QuoteI also think everything after P2 has suffered because KPH and Stan Winston are f*cking irreplaceable. Do I love  Predator 2 more? Hells yes! But The Predator doesn't even come close to any of the previous films, it's just soo bad.

My Man!

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 12, 2021, 02:46:32 AM
Alan Silvestri, Predators' Score just does not have the degree of depth or texture that Predator or Predator 2's carries, although I did like this part:

https://youtu.be/EiiWU7OvoEM

Particularly the first minute.

I couldn't agree more.

Silvestri is simply just one of the greats!

Kradan

Kradan

Only Silvestri can rip-off Silvestri

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 12, 2021, 01:24:42 PM

Build upon. Add. Improve. Like Brad Fiedel did when he returned for another composer round of cybernetic action with Terminator 2: Judgment Day.  Get your hands on the 2 disc unabridged set of Silvestri's Predator 2 soundtrack and imo you're holding the pinnacle of Predator soundtracks.

Kradan

Kradan

To be fair to Fiedel, his scores for T1 and for T2 (apart from main theme of course) are quite different beasts while Silvestri's score for P2 reminds me A LOT of first movie's score

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 12, 2021, 01:24:42 PM

Self rip off was more James Horner's thing.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, I meant if there's someone who can re-use composer's score - it's gotta be the composer himself

And, yeah. I distinctly remember watxhing Avatar and when main hero was grabbed by that giant dog-like creature by his backpack I thought " This music reminds me of Aliens"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 12, 2021, 02:56:57 PMSelf rip off was more James Horner's thing.

Always get a good giggle out of the score for Aliens showing up in Commando a year before Aliens was released.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 12, 2021, 08:14:12 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 12, 2021, 02:56:57 PMSelf rip off was more James Horner's thing.

Always get a good giggle out of the score for Aliens showing up in Commando a year before Aliens was released.

And at least one cue was in Wrath of Khan.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As you say, he did it a lot. But the Commando one has always struck me as particularly funny because it gives the feeling of those 80s/90s action C-movies that literally recycle the score from other films. It's so incongruous hearing music from a film as nuanced as Aliens in a film as mindless as Commando :laugh:

On the subject of Predators, we caught a bit of it on TV the other night, and much to my surprise Jenny said she liked the look of it and wanted to see the whole thing some time. (Her assertion that the premise was "a bit like Hunger Games but in space" was less pleasing :laugh:) I'll show it her when I finally get my films out of storage, but I'm not entirely convinced.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Hunger Games...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Royce Everdeen?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just ugh.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Look at it this way with Predators: it's a goddamn masterpiece compared to the 1996 Rodriguez script. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed