Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 308,786 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I actually fairly well like Predators.  I was inclined to put it as number 1 but, well, Arnold...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I don't dislike Predators. Love the concept of the hunting planet. It all holds together fairly well until the attack where Noland dies; after that I feel like the pacing gets thrown all out of whack.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 16, 2020, 12:57:37 AM
Predator 2
Predator
Predators
The Predator

;) ;D

PREDATOR 2
PREDATOR
PREDATORS
THE PREDATOR

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 16, 2020, 01:19:26 AM
I don't dislike Predators. Love the concept of the hunting planet. It all holds together fairly well until the attack where Noland dies; after that I feel like the pacing gets thrown all out of whack.

Yep! Great concept... not so greatly executed.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Predator
Predator 2
Predators

...the predator

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Predators for me mainly just needed more of the game preserve concept in action and less of the characters wondering what's going on when the audience already knows. And fewer recycled lines.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I like how they finally quoted Hemingway in Predators.  These films revolve around some of his hunting themes anyway.  It is derivative of Predator but in a really good way.  I don't know why this film gets bashed.

Predator 2 is basically a poor adaptation of the first Predator Dark Horse series.  They should have just did it properly with Sheafer played by Dolph Lundgren and set up a third Predator film where Shesf and Alan ( :laugh:) finally meet up... perhaps on the Predator planet...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 16, 2020, 01:55:05 AM
Predator 2 is basically a poor adaptation of the first Predator Dark Horse series.  They should have just did it properly with Sheafer played by Dolph Lundgren and set up a third Predator film where Shesf and Alan ( :laugh:) finally meet up... perhaps on the Predator planet...

I cannot disagree more. The way I see it, expect for the exceptional first issue, the "Concrete Jungle" comic series drops in quality with every subsequent issue. So I think the Thomas Brothers, were correct to not adapt anything other than the framework in issue #1.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Agreed, I think Schaefer series in general are overated.   

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I'll give the caveat that I'm not a big Predator fan but from what I remember, the series was pretty cool, but I like Verheiden's stuff in general.  He has a wry wit that carried through to these comics just like in the original Aliens series.  I also liked the Schwarzenegger connection through his brother.  But that was 13-year-old me I think.  I'm just not passionate about Predator stuff enough to have a firm opinion.  I just found myself wanting that Sheaf storyline to complete itself and as all the Predator comics since abandoned it, I lost interest.  The subsequent Predator series just got worse and worse...

Master

Master

Predator = Predator 2 ( both are outstanding and I watch them regularly)

AvP = Predators ( both are good on their own but  did get allot of shit up on release cause are not as good as originals)

AvP-R = The Predator ( suburban themes are apparently not good for Predator  ;D But seriously, there is big quality drop between all above and those two and they both craped on franchise mythology)

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 16, 2020, 02:43:47 AM
Agreed, I think Schaefer series in general are overated.   

Agreed. Also Schaefer dropping snark jokes in every line of dialogue was especially painful.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 16, 2020, 04:35:12 AM
I'll give the caveat that I'm not a big Predator fan but from what I remember, the series was pretty cool, but I like Verheiden's stuff in general.  He has a wry wit that carried through to these comics just like in the original Aliens series.  I also liked the Schwarzenegger connection through his brother.  But that was 13-year-old me I think.  I'm just not passionate about Predator stuff enough to have a firm opinion.  I just found myself wanting that Sheaf storyline to complete itself and as all the Predator comics since abandoned it, I lost interest.  The subsequent Predator series just got worse and worse...

There a couple really good Predator series out the there. But there are a lot fewer predator comics overall than Alien and fewer great stories.

The more recent Predator Hunters series are excellent. If you haven't read them I would recommend checking them out.
Spoiler
(Old characters return including Schaefer in series 3)
[close]

Billiken

Billiken

Love Predator 2 the most. I also love The Predator. Probably one of five people in the world who do. Has some really great action and banter.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 16, 2020, 01:05:02 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 16, 2020, 12:59:31 AM
lol since my favorite is the original followed by Predator 2, I rank the films in the original order:

1. Predator

2. Predator 2

3. Predators

4. The Predator

How borring I am  :laugh:

That's my ranking as well!

So glad I'm not alone  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Billiken on Aug 16, 2020, 01:28:51 PM
Love Predator 2 the most. I also love The Predator. Probably one of five people in the world who do. Has some really great action and banter.

Quote from: Master on Aug 16, 2020, 07:06:26 AM
Agreed. Also Schaefer dropping snark jokes in every line of dialogue was especially painful.

Idk, this was what I loved the most about it

PredBabe

PredBabe

Predator is clearly the stronger movie out of the bunch but, when I want to watch a Predator flick, my go to is usually Predator 2. It has a good balance of fun 90s action and banter but then does amazing with adding more lore to the creature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed