Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 311,772 times)

SiL

SiL

He could've not given up at the end. We knew the nuke was coming, he didn't. Going one on one with the PredAlien was stupid.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2020, 01:38:34 AM
Kradan I think the sarcasm inherent in "heaven forbid" is being lost :D

Oops, sorry for that

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2020, 02:03:59 AM
He could've not given up at the end. We knew the nuke was coming, he didn't. Going one on one with the PredAlien was stupid.

Well rewatching the movie he gets injured mulitple times, by the hospital he just took a fall with a spike through his gut, then the predalien disarms him from all his potentially lethal weapons like the pistol, whip, power punch glove, or combistick. He already used the shurikens and mines so he's like essentially saying "f**k it. I'll die in battle as warriors should"

I only know that through the trading cards I collected as a kid though, the film should have conveyed the hopelessness of the situation and wolf's suicide better

SiL

SiL

He throws away his last shuriken (when in a perfect situation to use it and be done with the whole thing) and still has something left on his bandolier.

The only time he gets close to finishing his job in the sewers, and even then his master plan was to shoot two Aliens point blank that he was holding (even when he knew there was at least one other Alien around).

The PredAlien arguably saved him from his own stupidity and he still lost.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

More scrutiny than a small town invaded by monsters popcorn B dumb-but-fun movie deserves.

And yes, I was staring at the clock.

SiL

SiL

The movie deserves nothing but contempt and ire.

PredBabe

PredBabe

AVP > The Predator = Alien: Resurrection > AVPR

Edit: Damn. IDK how I feel about giving Paul Anderson that much credit but I think it has the best pacing out of them all.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 15, 2020, 12:12:27 PM
AVP > The Predator = Alien: Resurrection > AVPR

Perfect

SiL

SiL

I'd rather watch AvP and AR than AvPR and The Predator.

426Buddy

426Buddy

AvP and AR are on a similar level for me and I've watched them plenty. Not good but entertaining.

I don't plan on rewatching AvPR or The Predator for a long long time if ever. If I want a fun small town monster flick I'll stick with The Blob remake  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

AVP > The Predator > AVPR

Bottom three, easy. I've seen AVP a handful of times. I've seen the other two once each, and have zero intention of ever seeing either of them again.

I don't hate Alien: Resurrection. Junet does a lot of really interesting things there that make Whedon's middling script almost worth it. The tone is bonkers and isn't right for an Alien movie at all, but as a standalone I dig that and do find that it is very in line with most of the schlocky old Dark Horse Aliens stories I've read, and content wise it is about as Alien as it gets. A weird deformed Alien/human hybrid caressing its grandmother that happens to be a clone of Ripley that is both combating and co-existing with the Alien DNA inside her, right before she kills him? I can get behind that.

Plus, David's genetic experiments in Alien: Covenant and the nature of how the pathogen works and the Aliens were created make the genetic experiments in Resurrection make more sense. Shhhh. ;)

Master

Master

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2020, 12:48:35 PM
I'd rather watch AvP and AR than AvPR and The Predator.

Yes I feel exactly the same. A:R and AvP both feel like big budget s-f. Both have some of the best scenes in whole franchise. None of that was ever presented in AvP-R and TP.

PredBabe

PredBabe

I beg to differ! The lab breakout scene was pretty great.

Fugitive > Wolf

Honestly though The Predator has not aged well for me and I haven't had much desire to revisit it. The last time I watched it I had to force myself to sit through the entire film. There's good bits and I see the potential that it had in terms of a "good" Predator and "bad" Predator chasing each other through space- but man it was horribly mishandled. The fact that it had potential is probably where all my bitterness towards the movie stems from. It truly does feel more like a mockery of the franchise in retrospect.

I enjoy watching AR from time to time as a standalone movie but in terms of the direction for the series and out of all 6 Alien movies, it is the worst.

There's really no sitting through AVPR though. I typically turn it off after Wolf inspects the crash site. 

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 15, 2020, 01:11:44 PM
AVP > The Predator > AVPR

Good enough

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

AVPR > The Predator > AVP > Alien Resurrection

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed