Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 268,639 times)

SiL

SiL

If the storyboards and script were done simultaneously, it's possible it came from a suggestion by the Thomas brothers?

Ow.

You're right though, it is a mess trying to figure out what's what.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2019, 01:31:38 AM
If the storyboards and script were done simultaneously, it's possible it came from a suggestion by the Thomas brothers?

Maybe, right?  Or maybe it was Joel Silver?  He was the admitted comic book fan, friendly with the folks at Dark Horse and met with Mark Verheiden to discuss ideas for Predator 2. Perhaps Joel was shown a glimpse of what was in the works, i.e. AvP via Dark Horse Presents and suggested it?

QuoteYou're right though, it is a mess trying to figure out what's what.

Indeed!

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

When I'm struggling to sleep, sometimes i play Predator 87 in hopes it will put me to sleep. I'm not saying that to be a smart ass. I know the film so well, the audio cues allow me to visualize the scenes while my eyes are closed. A couple scenes or so later, I drift to sleep.

I've also used Alien 79 and Star wars 77 to promote sleep.

Kradan

Kradan

I have all Alien, Predator and AvP movies in audio format and like to listen them accidentally .

And you're right - it really makes your eyes close and consciousness fade.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 27, 2019, 08:44:15 AM
I have all Alien, Predator and AvP movies in audio format and like to listen them accidentally .

Just audio of the entire films? Huh. That, might be interesting to experience.

Kradan

Kradan

It works perfectly with movies you've seen many MANY times ( P2 for you, I guess ) . You can listen walking somewhere or doing something .

Btw, it was my dad idea actually . He was just looking for a way to fit all of his favourite films in his mobile phone .

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 27, 2019, 01:39:38 PM
It works perfectly with movies you've seen many MANY times ( P2 for you, I guess ) . You can listen walking somewhere or doing something .

Wait. You think I love Predator 2? 

Has it been that obvious?  ;)

QuoteBtw, it was my dad idea actually . He was just looking for a way to fit all of his favourite films in his mobile phone .

Out of curiosity, what's your Dad's favorite films?

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 27, 2019, 08:44:15 AM

I've tried the YouTube sleep music videos, sometimes they work, but not as well as movies I've seen countless times.

I had taken early retirement a few years ago and would easily sleep whenever it strikes me. But recently I came out of retirement and have a whacky work schedule. I'm really struggling with establishing a consistent sleep pattern.

There's just something about "This cabinet minister, does he always travel on the wrong side of the border?", And other lines that accelerates me to dream world.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Oct 26, 2019, 01:36:08 PM
When I'm struggling to sleep, sometimes i play Predator 87 in hopes it will put me to sleep. I'm not saying that to be a smart ass. I know the film so well, the audio cues allow me to visualize the scenes while my eyes are closed. A couple scenes or so later, I drift to sleep.

I used to do the same with Aliens. I do like the idea of just listening to the film though!

The Old One

The Old One

Interesting, never thought of that myself.

Kradan

Kradan

It's so simple but I would never come up with such idea myself .

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 28, 2019, 09:55:43 AM
Quote from: Biomechanoid on Oct 26, 2019, 01:36:08 PM

I used to do the same with Aliens. I do like the idea of just listening to the film though!

I do this with all Alien, Predator and Star wars. It gives my brain something to focus on so I don't keep myself awake thinking about literally everything. They're my lullabies lol

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

For me it's old episodes of The Simpsons (not just audio though). I've seen them all so many times I'm usually crashed out 5 minutes in.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 28, 2019, 11:59:02 AM
Interesting, never thought of that myself.

If you're ever struggling for sleep or just want to cram in a nap mid-day, Fiendish, you should try it. Pick a movie you replayed so many times you can visualize the scenes just from listening to the audio. Not saying it works for everyone, but worth a shot.

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 28, 2019, 08:08:29 PM
I do this with all Alien, Predator and Star wars.

I think I have probably used Star Wars 77 the most, but do mix it up with Alien 79 and Predator 87.

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 28, 2019, 08:08:29 PM
It gives my brain something to focus on so I don't keep myself awake thinking about literally everything. They're my lullabies lol

Yes exactly, trying to drift off in complete silence, my mind dwells on tasks/chores I did recently, then on to tasks/chores I need to do and I get caught up in a vicious loop, not allowing myself to relax mentally. I had read some articles on sleep and one suggested to think about nothing. Not as easy as it sounds.  Your mind eventually grasps onto a topic, for lack of a better description. But a familiar movie is like a bedtime story....or as you mention.... a lullaby.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I heard some shit about some people who wanted the thread to be on-topic, and there was only one way to deliver:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed