Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 308,763 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 13, 2017, 04:48:54 AM
It should've been Danny Glover or Arnold in that role. 

I don't think it was so much the actor, fishburn is a fairly decent scalp even for Predator and a connection to the previous films wasn't particularly need. It was how they decided that character should be crazy. It was ballsy, so props for that, but it just didn't pay off.

Even then, you could have played the crazy angle if there was a bit more meaning to it. It felt like an entire act that could have easily been cut out.

Huntsman

Huntsman

I used to dislike that scene as well. But now I don't have an issue with it.

It makes sense really and also makes a comment about who the predators really are. Fishburne didn't want to share resources or food because surviving on his own was hard enough. Scavenging their equipment though? Sure, he'd do that. He didn't see Royce and the others as companions, or even people. He saw them as an opportunity.

Royce will basically have to become what Fishburne became in order to survive as well.

Alionic

Alionic

I voted Predator for obvious reasons. However, I think Predator 2 and Predators are both almost as good as the first one. The Predator serious never had a solid misfire or disaster like Alien Resurrection IMO.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: Alionic on Jul 26, 2017, 12:20:31 AM
The Predator serious never had a solid misfire or disaster like Alien Resurrection IMO.
I agree with that, even though I think Alien is the better series overall.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

It's a tough one, but I've got to go with first Predator. It really worked on so many different levels. The buildup of suspense, the mystery of the predator itself was executed perfectly. Each character was so memorable! Each could easily been the lead in the film. There are also soooo many iconic scenes. The epic handshake, the preds eyes flashing and then the team mows down the jungle with the Minigun, the first reveal of the pred in the water, the BIG reveal at the end! All soooo great. For me it goes predator-predator 2- predators.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I can't decide between Predator 1 and 2.  They are both equally great.  It's like Alien/Aliens or Robocop/Robocop 2 or Mad Max/The Road Warrior.

Huggs

Huggs

Predator 1 all the way. You could go on forever as to why, but the build up and delivery in that film was simply fantastic. Quick introduction and then we're moving with a great cast into a perfect location for this story. No extra baggage, no filler.

Like Alien 79, a group of folks out doing their job. Set upon by a monster that blends into the environment. And one by one, they get taken. No backup, no vehicles, no extra weapons and ammo in the trunk, no lab, no Gary Busey to explain exactly what they're dealing with.

Just the hunter, and its prey. Nothing more. It's still the only predator movie I can watch where I don't just see a yautja. It still feels like a vicious and ominous creature, more akin to the xenomorph. More scary, if you will.

Brzrkr

Brzrkr

PREDATOR 2

Love the L.A. setting and the imagery of the Predator in the city. The gang warfare, the heatwave and the whole nasty environment just oozes through the screen every time I watch it.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 11, 2018, 04:35:46 AM
Predator 1 all the way. You could go on forever as to why, but the build up and delivery in that film was simply fantastic. Quick introduction and then we're moving with a great cast into a perfect location for this story. No extra baggage, no filler.

Like Alien 79, a group of folks out doing their job. Set upon by a monster that blends into the environment. And one by one, they get taken. No backup, no vehicles, no extra weapons and ammo in the trunk, no lab, no Gary Busey to explain exactly what they're dealing with.

Just the hunter, and its prey. Nothing more. It's still the only predator movie I can watch where I don't just see a yautja. It still feels like a vicious and ominous creature, more akin to the xenomorph. More scary, if you will.

Johnny Boy knew his craft, that's for sure.

Also, gotta give major props to the studio for being smart enough to say "Yeah, let's pause and fix the creature." They could very easily have said screw it and pushed the film out

Quote from: David 8 on Jun 13, 2018, 11:56:26 PM
PREDATOR 2

Love the L.A. setting and the imagery of the Predator in the city. The gang warfare, the heatwave and the whole nasty environment just oozes through the screen every time I watch it.

I can't argue with that. There's a lot of cheese in Predator 2, and I wish they had just left out the "in the near future" thing. It's not like Los Angeles isn't without huge crime and drug problems anyway.

I'd have to go with Predator. It strikes great balance in just about every regard. It is the perfect high watermark and quality popcorn film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I like to justify the near future thing by pretending that Predator is in the same universe as Marked for Death, and that Seagal killing Screwface opened the door for King Willie and made the Jamaican gang problem much worse seven years down the line.

Scorpio

Scorpio

They set Predator 2 in the near future so they wouldn't have to worry so much about realism.  Like how Predator is set in a fictional country.  That way they can just focus on the style and action.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 14, 2018, 01:55:19 AMI like to justify the near future thing by pretending that Predator is in the same universe as Marked for Death, and that Seagal killing Screwface opened the door for King Willie and made the Jamaican gang problem much worse seven years down the line.

:laugh:

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Predator 1 for sure, its a classic. It has a few silly moments but otherwise its a darn good movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 14, 2018, 08:15:27 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 14, 2018, 01:55:19 AMI like to justify the near future thing by pretending that Predator is in the same universe as Marked for Death, and that Seagal killing Screwface opened the door for King Willie and made the Jamaican gang problem much worse seven years down the line.

:laugh:

It makes sense, in a f**ked up kind of way. :laugh:

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jun 14, 2018, 11:31:18 AM
Predator 1 for sure, its a classic. It has a few silly moments but otherwise its a darn good movie.
Which moments in Predator did you find silly?  You couldn't possibly be talking about the awesome one-liners like, "Knock Knock", "Stick around", "I ain't got time to bleed" etc. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed