Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 310,360 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Shinobi Wan Kenobi on Dec 12, 2014, 10:21:03 PM
Quote from: Dark Blade1 on Nov 26, 2014, 02:42:23 PM
... their was one funny part not that funny but kinda of funny.

The Hawkins joke. Classic.
I was laughing at the pig remark like Billy.

Alien³

Alien³

Here's our commentary for Predator 2 which we talk about why its up there with the original and more.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I really, really don't get the discrimination Predator 2 at times gets. It's ballsy, but it's every bit as ballsy as the first one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 13, 2015, 09:41:38 AMI really, really don't get the discrimination Predator 2 at times gets. It's ballsy, but it's every bit as ballsy as the first one.

I've been saying this for years. It's certainly not an all-time classic like the original, but it's a thoroughly entertaining action movie in its own right, and it adds a hell of a lot to the Predator species that is now taken for granted.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My only problem with Predator 2 is the cheese. I know, Predator has it's own cheese but Predator 2 is just so noticeable. That said, I still love all 3 films.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

While I'm not saying you're wrong, I never understand when people complain that the sequel is too cheesy. To me it's no more or less ridiculous than the first film. I mean, a man walks around with a minigun and Arnie nails a guy to a post with a machete while quipping, "Stick around!" I don't get how anything in Predator 2 is significantly dumber or cheesier than that.

They both have their fair share of silly moments and serious moments. Maybe the first just gets a pass because it's Arnie and that's what people expect with him, I dunno.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 15, 2015, 11:34:09 AM
While I'm not saying you're wrong, I never understand when people complain that the sequel is too cheesy. To me it's no more or less ridiculous than the first film. I mean, a man walks around with a minigun and Arnie nails a guy to a post with a machete while quipping, "Stick around!" I don't get how anything in Predator 2 is significantly dumber or cheesier than that.

They both have their fair share of silly moments and serious moments. Maybe the first just gets a pass because it's Arnie and that's what people expect with him, I dunno.
:laugh: That's a first.

The silly moments in the first movie were done during and before the exposition of the characters and their capabilities when they were in the firefight. After that the tone changed dramatically.

Predator 2 on the other hand had those silly moments appear in many different occasions and sometimes inappropriately as well as deliberately. I love the Predator franchise and all of their installments equally but I could understand where people might find Predator 2 to be inferior in its case.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 15, 2015, 02:13:45 PMThe silly moments in the first movie were done during and before the exposition of the characters and their capabilities when they were in the firefight. After that the tone changed dramatically.

That's actually a good point. The silly stuff is more evenly spread throughout in the sequel.

For the record, I do think Predator 2 is inferior to the first. I just don't find the overt cheesiness to necessarily be the reason, because, as I said, it's there in the first.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Predator 2 i love it,it is my favorite one but the reason why people NOTICED the cheesiness was how they were acting,how they are holding the guns hey i was in the army cadets but even normal people noticed it felt like the actors were playing a game if you know what i mean.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 15, 2015, 02:38:13 PM
For the record, I do think Predator 2 is inferior to the first. I just don't find the overt cheesiness to necessarily be the reason, because, as I said, it's there in the first.

I don't think it's overt in the first film. That's the difference for me.

D. Compton Ambrose

I definitely like the first the best. I didn't even know Predator existed until I saw that movie for the first time back in like 1998.

Topazora

Topazora

interestingly, Predators is starting to work it's way into being my top fav predator movie, funny how I hated it at first.  I don't know if its just the acting or just the characters.  I prefer the predators of the first two movies, especially the first one, but generally what makes me like a movie is the acting and the characters in it.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: Topazora on Sep 15, 2015, 06:07:18 PM
interestingly, Predators is starting to work it's way into being my top fav predator movie, funny how I hated it at first.  I don't know if its just the acting or just the characters.  I prefer the predators of the first two movies, especially the first one, but generally what makes me like a movie is the acting and the characters in it.
The characters in Predators were the best aspect of the film. Rodriguez fleshed them all out really well and the extended slideshow feature on the dvd put even more of a dynamic on a couple of them.

QuoteIn my culture,  the one with the most trophies commands the most respect.

Honestly,  I am surprised that fans are so critical of it. I admit, the homages were too abundant and weighed the movie down heavily but aside from that it was a really fun sequel, which is what the Predator franchise is intended to be; fun.

Alien³

Alien³

What are the silly moments in Predator 2?

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 16, 2015, 01:14:34 PM
What are the silly moments in Predator 2?
The chessy jokes also the beginning action was so over the top and how they were acting was like they were not serious and how they were handling the guns,i was in the cadets but my friend even said how they are holding it and how they are reacting in the situation is not serious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed