Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 304,733 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Billy was nuts to begin with. I'm not sure he fully thought out his next move before Anytime took him out.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Master on Jun 09, 2013, 11:58:52 AM
Are you serious? He prepared himself to the fight. He loose. He`s totally not the type of suiscidal bomber.

with a knife?...prepared himself to fight? really...not following orders, he is a lunatic what he is even doing in the forces and never made such lunatic move before? then i wonder how was this squad even alive for this missin with members like Billy

im not taking this seriously guys, dont worry, this movie has dumb characters and i accept it but funny how some people judge movies and characters nowdays even  their classics have mistakes and not small mistakes

Master

Master

My claim is Billy`s not suiscidal bomber. Nuts? Definatelly. Dumbass? Most likely? Great tracker? Certainly. But no suiscidal bomber.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

How can this film not be the favorite?.... unknown ALIEN monster...hunting humans...Aaarnold 1st and foremost.

And a great supporting cast....like Billy...Mac....Blain...Hawkins...Poncho

The Predator himself recognizes the formidable prowess of Arnold by stripping off his weapons to fight him...er hand to hand.

5 stars  * * * * *

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ YES!

I honestly like Predator 2 but not as much as the original. Danny Glover beat the Predator then had Mel Gibson save his ass (literally) in Lethal Weapon 2 while fighting off co-workers giving him a condom tree in tribute to his daughter's condom commercial! Danny is an actor that doesn't get the recognition he deserves...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: szkoki on Jun 10, 2013, 12:08:11 PM
Quote from: Master on Jun 09, 2013, 11:58:52 AM
Are you serious? He prepared himself to the fight. He loose. He`s totally not the type of suiscidal bomber.

with a knife?...prepared himself to fight? really...not following orders, he is a lunatic what he is even doing in the forces and never made such lunatic move before? then i wonder how was this squad even alive for this missin with members like Billy

I'm no psychiatrist, but I have a feeling that there quite a few whack jobs in the military to begin with even before they potentially suffer from PTSD.

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

Had to go with the first one. The 2nd was just "meh" all the way through to me and as time goes on, Predators just gets worse and worse. Plus Arnold Schwarzenegger is my favorite action hero!

spinksy

spinksy

Predator one will always be my favorite but got ALOT of love for the second film.

Predator 2 = Stan Winstons masterpieces, good acting, some good stars, Kevin Peter Hall, Lost hunters, gary bussey(lol) just an all round classic and close to my heart since I remember watching it with my dad when I was young! (and he taped it on VHS for me lol)

ImperialElite

ImperialElite

Predator 2 is my favourite.

I just really like and admire the style of that film. Maybe it's because I grew up with watching Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapon films. But from the immediate action paced intro, to the Predator spying and eavesdropping into the subway train, cutting out the light source as various flashes of light create the intense mood when the Predator goes killing. Followed by Harrigan seeing the Predator rip out the spine of his newly elected cop as a chase begins. And then coming near the end of the film when the Predators space-craft is shown from inside (giving rise to the first time we see the Alien skull which marked the beginning ideas of eventually an AVP film). I feel this film had such a lot more to play (as of course sequels should).

Despite it had gotten a lot of criticism/negative reviews; I find Predator 2 to be a really awesome action/alien flick!

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Predator 2 is actually a pretty clever take on the cop/detective genre and pays tribute to a variety of films in that genre, in particular the Dirty Harry series. The only real weak link in the film is Keyes and his team, who could easily be removed from the film with little to no affect on Glover, providing a more focused story. I hesitate to call 2 a great film, but it is a pretty good one, and I can honestly say it deserves a better reception.

Hudson

Hudson

I agree that it's better than it's reputation but there are definitely more weak links than just Keyes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The action was too over the top which gave it a very cheesy feel. The action in the first Predator was plentiful but for some reason, to me at least, it didn't seem quite as nuts as Predator 2's. I think Predator also had far better pacing.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 14, 2013, 11:48:41 AM
The action was too over the top which gave it a very cheesy feel. The action in the first Predator was plentiful but for some reason, to me at least, it didn't seem quite as nuts as Predator 2's. I think Predator also had far better pacing.

I'm not sure about the action being over the top, but one of the "cheesy" things is that it's supposed to take place in 1997...the future. So, they dressed everyone up in obnoxious wardrobes and put ridiculous laser sights on their guns to make them futuristic looking. Also, minivans.

Ironically, the film was prophetic (or reflective) in its portrayal of gang violence in LA.

worldpeace

worldpeace

billy was accepting his fate and buying dutch less time then he thought . why he didn't shoot his underslung 12 gauge at the tree line instead i dunno. i also feel billy was  knocked off the log by a running shove or even a leap knocking him off.  just a semi hitting a v.w bug .or a line backer close lining a figure skater.   billy knew what the f**k was up. "aint no man... we're all gonna die. remeember dutch was originally an american indian in early scripts? billy later became the only cherokee aspect .  he had shit going on that was internal and entirely separate from what the rest of the team was thinking .

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 14, 2013, 06:37:45 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 14, 2013, 11:48:41 AM

I'm not sure about the action being over the top, but one of the "cheesy" things is that it's supposed to take place in 1997...the future. So, they dressed everyone up in obnoxious wardrobes and put ridiculous laser sights on their guns to make them futuristic looking. Also, minivans.

Ironically, the film was prophetic (or reflective) in its portrayal of gang violence in LA.
atleast it wasnt back to the future 2 looking.

DC

DC

I liked the first two fairly equally.
Predators slightly less.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed