Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 311,858 times)

VicerExciser206

VicerExciser206

I'm going to be completely honest here and say I really like all three Predator movies damn near equally. The first one would have to be the best by a small amount though. The Predator in AVP:R was the most badass though.

The Collector

The Collector

Predators was a good movie, its probably my favorite atm.

circle

circle

I'll probably be pissing off 99% of the community here but

I always kinda thought that fan-dom for the predator franchise was mostly for the predators itself(amazing costume, effects) and not much story/characterization. Dutch was a big f*king cliché(please don't kill me). His character is like an awkward john rambo :-\

P1: Damn awesome costume design and effects especially for its time, but damn cartoonish characters
P2: Same awesome predator design, characters not as cartoonish, but overall story is wtf.jpg
Ps: Not much improvement in design, effects are better(it should be), same shallow story

I voted for Ps.
Who watches predator movies for the story, anyway?  :-\ Me, I just like the damn fine idea of "Predator".
Well that's me, anyway.

enypsrozar

enypsrozar

Gee that's easy! The first one.

End of story.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: circle on Apr 16, 2013, 10:13:35 AM
I'll probably be pissing off 99% of the community here but

I always kinda thought that fan-dom for the predator franchise was mostly for the predators itself(amazing costume, effects) and not much story/characterization. Dutch was a big f*king cliché(please don't kill me). His character is like an awkward john rambo :-\

P1: Damn awesome costume design and effects especially for its time, but damn cartoonish characters
P2: Same awesome predator design, characters not as cartoonish, but overall story is wtf.jpg
Ps: Not much improvement in design, effects are better(it should be), same shallow story

I voted for Ps.
Who watches predator movies for the story, anyway?  :-\ Me, I just like the damn fine idea of "Predator".
Well that's me, anyway.

Im speaking for myself but what grabbed me the first time I saw Predator was masterfully done tension, almost as in Alien perhaps where you dont really know much and you dont see anything untill the very end. It was that great tension builder and suspense that shocked me how good the movie was. I sure wasnt expecting that when I rented it for the first time. I thought its gonna be another fun but typical Arnold shooter

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 15, 2013, 04:30:44 AM
Im speaking for myself but what grabbed me the first time I saw Predator was masterfully done tension, almost as in Alien perhaps where you dont really know much and you dont see anything untill the very end. It was that great tension builder and suspense that shocked me how good the movie was. I sure wasnt expecting that when I rented it for the first time. I thought its gonna be another fun but typical Arnold shooter

Absolutely.  The suspension was great in original, although I am on the fence about which one I like better P1 or P2. 

Master

Master

P1 or P2. Which one exactly? It depends on a day, mood etc. I really like both of them.

Ps is medicore IMO.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Definitley P1, but P2  just brings so much more awesome stuff to the table.As you can tell from my sig, the King Willy scene is an epic piece of cinema that you just can't forget.

Master

Master

Yeah, It has same impact for me like Cyrus`s scene from The Warriors.

szkoki

szkoki

well umm if we are talking about the suspension is really important in a horror movie then basicly every sequel is doomed comparing to the original movie no matter how good it is

Predator is a great movie with a really original creature
Predator 2 is ummm you know u watch it if its on air
Predators is a hughe budget tribute to the original wich is okay but nothing special here

not starting a fight here but alien,aliens,alien3 kept me there with the suspension until the very end of Ripley's journey, maybe because we got a main character who were well treated by all of the directors (at least she), basicly it was a Ripley vs. Alien story where Ripley was a real life like person (and A:R is kinda the 9th season of Scrubs , pretty uncalled and unnecessary ) and u can imagine yourself in her boots....there is nothing like this in the predator saga (and not because Arnold was the biggest guy i ever saw)

szkoki

szkoki

Predator was on air on a channel here just watched and i was wondering when the most badass soldiers was about to get killed one by one by the creature(for sure they knew it they wont come back not even Dillon or Billy or the other black guy) why on earth any of these heroic wanna be badass character havent tried to pop up a few grenade when  the predator came close to them? if u get killed anyway why not take that thing with you? stupidest soldiers ever

Master

Master

And who should have sacrificed? Would you sacrifice insted of trying to survive? Don`t think so. You would fight to the very end for even one more breath, like nearly every living creature do.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: szkoki on Jun 05, 2013, 11:01:50 AM
Predator was on air on a channel here just watched and i was wondering when the most badass soldiers was about to get killed one by one by the creature(for sure they knew it they wont come back not even Dillon or Billy or the other black guy) why on earth any of these heroic wanna be badass character havent tried to pop up a few grenade when  the predator came close to them? if u get killed anyway why not take that thing with you? stupidest soldiers ever

They aren't martyrs, they're soldiers.

szkoki

szkoki

yeah then explain me Billy and his knife...that was the point when i started to say NO NO NO NO NO if u go there to hold that thing up then grab a friggin grenade to save the others u proud weirdo  shaman

Master

Master

Are you serious? He prepared himself to the fight. He loose. He`s totally not the type of suiscidal bomber.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed