Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 754

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 268,484 times)

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 19, 2011, 05:51:33 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 16, 2011, 03:34:11 AM
The first one is truly exceptional, and one of few action movies that have such a great buildup of the Predator character and tension and successful character development. Its especially amazing considering its a movie made in 1987 - a year where , for example, The Running Man was made which was so 80s  that your jeans are ripping apart on your knees and your hair dyes blond

P2 on the other hand doesnt avoid the cheesiness of its time at all, but its still enjoyable and entertaining.

Predators I dont like at all, feels like a made for TV movie and its just unengaging

I agree with you completely, and have come to theorize that Predator and Predators were both written for two different generations of fans.  Maybe this explains my weariness of Predators, it wasn't written for my generation  :-[

It certainly wasn't written for the current generation....

severen76

severen76

Predator - 10/10
Predator 2 - 10/10
Predators - Ehhh

Billiken

Billiken

Agree 100% with u Severen. I mean predators wasn't boring I just don't think it was good enough to be part of the series. Thats why I have no problem with people calling the sequel Predators 2 becasue then it can be a stand alone series.

georgeromero

georgeromero

My favourite is the one featuring City Hunter, what do you call it? Predator 2? Yes, this is my favourite. It features better predator design, better environment, better weapons and Detective Harrigan.

xeno killer

xeno killer

My Favourite is Pred 1 but Pred 2 has some good moments and i also like Danny Glover!!

Reaper117

Reaper117

Yea Predator 1 and 2 were both amazing movies but considering the time spand difference the new virsion was a decent addition to the series, and people may say its awful but it was pretty entertaining for me

Master

Master

Quote from: Billiken on Apr 20, 2011, 09:02:08 AM
Agree 100% with u Severen. I mean predators wasn't boring I just don't think it was good enough to be part of the series. Thats why I have no problem with people calling the sequel Predators 2 becasue then it can be a stand alone series.

Agreed completly. I want direct sequel of Ps to be called Predators 2.

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 19, 2011, 05:51:33 PM

I agree with you completely, and have come to theorize that Predator and Predators were both written for two different generations of fans. Maybe this explains my weariness of Predators, it wasn't written for my generation  :-[

Well put.

Quote from: Reaper117 on May 10, 2011, 07:57:29 PM
Yea Predator 1 and 2 were both amazing movies but considering the time spand difference the new virsion was a decent addition to the series, and people may say its awful but it was pretty entertaining for me

It`s not that Ps is awful. It`s medicore. Too much was taken from P1 and it looks bad cause P1 have it much better handled. And the type of braindamaged badassery presented by Royce is not for me (though I like how Brody played him).

Terx2

Terx2

Predator is the best in my view. It has Arnie, Nice Jungle enviroments, Like the machine gun ;D and that special forces love destroying trees :laugh:.

Predator 2 is equally good. It has Danny Glover, Nice city landscapes, Liked the Predator ship and that goverment agents really are a bunch of pencil pushers :laugh:.

Predators was entertaining but it had to much references to Predator and no references to Predator 2. It could have been better if they had more time and money.

SOC

SOC

Predator:  10/10  My favorite movie, and possibly the best action movie, of all time.  They didn't mess around with too much backstory except what naturally came up, they didn't mess around with a billion side plots, it was just awesome.  For a mid-80's movie the effects still stand up very well, and Anytime remains the best Predator visualization on-screen in my opinion.

Predator 2:  9/10  Suprisingly well done.  The pacing is tight, you never feel like the movie drags.  Even when they're doing scenes involving no action, like in the forensics office analyzing the dart, they get to the point without messing around and move on.  My only issue is that the Predator design seemed to suffer a bit with the changes to the face.  It didn't look as organic and "real" as Anytime's.  The new armor and weapons were great additions though.

Predators:  7/10  I actually dug it.  Shoot me  ;D  There were blatant Predator rip-offs, like Dmitri and the minigun.  There were design problems, like the BSP's face, that I didn't care for.  And while Nolan was weird, I guess you would go nuts isolated on a planet where everything tries to kill you.  But I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

It's between Predator and Predators for me.

¿xenoyuatja?

¿xenoyuatja?

1.predator 2.predators 3.predator2  although all movies entertain me all the same

Signore Predatore

I have to choose Predator 2. When the guy says to the predator "You are on ugly mother, but right before he says F'er the predator says it. That made me laugh hard.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

-Predator    10/10  8)
-Predator2   10/10  8)
-Predators    3/10    :'( >:(

Stans

Stans

Fuk yeah predator is my favorite

I like movies in the same order they have been released

predator....10
predator2...8
predators....7

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

Im gonna get burned for this but Predators is my favorite

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed