AvP Requiem Box Office Figures

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2007, 11:36:39 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Box Office Figures (Read 25,265 times)

skinned alive

skinned alive

For the record... I've seen the movie 2wice already and love it because I am a die hard fan that says "keep 'em coming!" The movie was cool with lot's of stuff we haven't seen before and that we should have seen the first time. Just seeing the Predators carrying the facehuggers in those bio containers was just awesome too see! That made the movie for me right away and then the cool Predator we got this time around was perfect. The blue liquid melting evidence of aliens was so cool to see the Predator doing this! The Predalien and way of breeding was a great idea, creative, and NEW! The Aliens looked really cool in the dark settings and in the somewhat lit settings, one can really see the details of the creatures and how much they reminded of the original Aliens film especially when the people were shooting them and the alien blood flying and the orignial Aliens screeching sounds, wow! The Predator score from the original was a really great addtion as well.This AVP series will only get better and I look forward to many more. Congrats to the Strause Bros. on a job well done! Finally what I wanted to see! Cheers!

Stamos

Stamos

Here's hoping that another can be created. It may be hard to find more directors which will want to hold this hot potato though. As long as we're not going direct to DVD then we'll be alright for a salvage...until then only hope now remains for our franchise. One more movie that is "mediocre" will totally destroy the franchises, there is no other way... The PredAlien off the AVP2 the game would've been scarier, especially with that howl!  Noone wins in the end of this one, except the government and Yutani's corp....who acquire the tech to quickly speed up the timeframe between this and Alien. Given the chance, the Brothers Strause will be certainly do better if it is set in space with Colonial Marines, because their dialogue cannot be messed up as easily!

Biz

Biz

Although I am surprised by the $, the movie was really good and deserved what it made. I have been checking this site for months and chose not to register or state an opinion until I saw the movie. Now that it is out and it is good, it deserves to be mentioned in a positive light. Spread the word if you liked it. The only way we get another one is if it does well.

Spoon

Spoon

Ill watch it again in a hart beat if i new fox sent over copy that wasnt horribly filtered by the brothers.   First 30 min gave any predator fan a hard one.  Thats for sure.

Ultimate-Predalien

Ultimate-Predalien

I agree with skinned alive because I'm a die hard hardcore fan of AVP and I thought the film was great film and by far underated by the stupid critics, I just hate to see when these stupid critics put down these kind of films and makes people start 2 believe its horrible b4 they get a chance 2 see it, this movie was dissed b4 it hit theaters and ppl say the first avp was horrible, I thought it was good and had a good story line to it and since the criticsm of that, they some how started to believe the sequel was gonna suck as well....I thought both films were good and I think AVP-R brought the steps for this franchise a step further and hopefully we'll see more avp films like this one in the future....I'm sorry 4 u guys in the UK who gotta wait a few more weeks for it to hit theaters, Its a very good movie.....

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

A TRUE AVP-R REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJDWAsIxXeE

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Dude that is really good, if any of you are into movies as much as I am, its really hard to earn that much money on a holiday, especially christmas. That makes me happy.

Axlotl

Axlotl

I can't believe you people embrace this movie. I really can't.

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Patch Adams was a good movie.    ;D  

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

i dont embace it but i think it deserves 6/10 stars  i honestly dont like the way they made the Predalien its a walking facehugger WTF  NO NO and NO does this mean all the aliens can do this now?

Steve-El

Steve-El

That's good. I saw it Christmas night and loved it. And yes, missing a few extra scenes. One with Kelly and her daughter in the cemetery watching the dude getting his face shot off by Predator who is up in the tree. Hope it wins the box office weekend at #1.    ;D      8)  

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

When you watch it think of it as a live action Comic book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

Think of AvP-R like Aliens: Earth Angel  http://libraries.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=94-113  Into the age of diners, black leather jackets, and Buddy Holly comes a monster worse than any that ever made popcorn fly in front of a drive-in screen -- the Alien. Legend creator John Byrne has long been a fan of the Aliens films and he jumped at the opportunity to tell his story of the first Alien invasion, the one that took place in 1950's suburban America! When you Byrne an Alien, you gotta figure it's gonna give off some heat!

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

AvP- R is a modern Aliens: Earth Angel   so dont hate the movie just look back to this comic

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I did like the pred-alien (save for a couple design tweaks), but I still found the new reproduction method absolutely absurd, unnecessary, and it screws with canon. Of course, any pred-alien queen appearances are now out the window.  Sure, anyone can argue "It's new, it's fresh, and it just plain looks cool. You don't want to see the same thing over and over again, do you?". And no I don't. The problem is... it's still unnecessary and it screws with canon. If they have to result to something like this to keep things "fresh", then it's time to stop making these films.   ::)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed