EXCLUSIVE: Some juicy details from the set of Prometheus

Started by Darkoo, Apr 21, 2011, 06:02:02 PM

Author
EXCLUSIVE: Some juicy details from the set of Prometheus (Read 29,592 times)

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Teape on Apr 23, 2011, 08:12:29 PM
Noomi gets tied up by an Alien that has control over her.  The alien explains it's plan, then she's raped.

That was Ridley's pitch to the studio, yes.

Pn2501

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Apr 23, 2011, 09:23:52 PM
Noomi gets tied up by an Alien that has control over her.  The alien explains it's plan, then she's raped.

That was Ridley's pitch to the studio, yes.

Bahaha, Prometheus is a too complicated name hopeful the tittle gets changed to "Rape" the movie

chupacabras acheronsis

Species 6: Electric boogaloo

bleau

5 o clock Bitch raping time!  :D

Highland

Quote from: bleau on Apr 23, 2011, 06:12:56 PM
QuoteI Can't see it myself. I Can't remember a movie that's ever been advertised as something it's not. Intrigue only works if it's fresh - Super 8 or Cloverfield. 

A lot of movies are advertised as something there not. Black Swan was advertised as a Horror. A lot of movie plots are advertised as being different too.

That's not the same thing. Showing a trailer of a new sci-fi epic without showing that it's actually a part of an existing franchise is like having a predator uncloak at the end of Avatar.

Even if it is, I ask again -  what's the point? 

bleau

Quote from: Highland on Apr 24, 2011, 03:56:31 AM
Quote from: bleau on Apr 23, 2011, 06:12:56 PM
QuoteI Can't see it myself. I Can't remember a movie that's ever been advertised as something it's not. Intrigue only works if it's fresh - Super 8 or Cloverfield. 

A lot of movies are advertised as something there not. Black Swan was advertised as a Horror. A lot of movie plots are advertised as being different too.

That's not the same thing. Showing a trailer of a new sci-fi epic without showing that it's actually a part of an existing franchise is like having a predator uncloak at the end of Avatar.

Even if it is, I ask again -  what's the point?

I get what your saying. I agree though it is stupid. If it has a connection to the franchise they should be proud, not try and hide the fact that it is a Alien prequel.

RagingDragon

If we get the Alien in anything that's not retarded, I'm going to explode with joy.  Ridley, save the poor Alien.  It went from being the horrifying vent-rapist we love to the rape victim.  Fox put it up on the pinball machine like Indy in that South Park episode.  That's literally how I feel.

Fujimaster

Pn2501

I'm going to third that, im totes anti-rape.

Corporal Hicks

This makes me happy. Just hope we're not being misled or anything. Only time will tell.

gyro

nice insider sneeky spying

Shasvre

Hopefully we'll see some set photos of those suits pretty soon.

Keyes

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 26, 2011, 05:14:12 PM
Hopefully we'll see some set photos of those suits pretty soon.

I hope not, I'd rather wait to see them when watching the actual film. I don't mind if we get some sneaky pics of the actors though.

chupacabras acheronsis

I want to see some sets myself.

Jace Madan

My mom is really into the Alien films, she's the reason I saw ALIEN and ALIENS at age 8, and a big part of why I love the series as much as I do. So when I told her, "Hey guess what? Ridley Scott is directing a new alien movie!" she was very excited. Whenever I visit her, she asks me if I heard any new news on the film.

I've gone from telling her, "It's an Alien prequel, with redesigned Aliens!" to, "It's just a film set in the Alien universe, with probably no actual Aliens in it, maybe the space Jockeys".  Then I say, "Well, apparently not only does it have aliens in it, but they seem to be very close to the original alien... and there is alot of them". Now when she asks, I just say "I have no idea what they are doing with the movie, the info I get seems to do a 180 every month."

I'm trying to get hyped and excited, I just need to know what it is I'm getting hyped and excited for...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed