New PC Screenshots released *Updated*

Started by ikarop, Jan 13, 2010, 03:32:08 PM

Author
New PC Screenshots released *Updated* (Read 60,890 times)

Corporal Hicks

For the record the design is the same as Cameron's except for the triple-joints. None of the bucktoothed crap.

Brother

Brother

Yes, it must be the lighting.

Corporal Hicks

Oh and the tail! My appologies! It certainly isn't the fleshy variation of recent times.

visagepoissons

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 09:21:52 AM
speaking of FSAA: I've read that AvP, like Killzone 2, heavily relies on differred rendering. The upside is the sheer amount of atmosphere you can add, the downside is that FSAA won't work.
Oh god... If this is true I will cry... That's the reason that Dead Space can't use anti aliasing. Still, that game was very atmospheric. But the constant flickering of those un AAed models did take away from the immersiveness.

G8RSG1

G8RSG1

Quote from: Brother on Jan 14, 2010, 11:22:12 AM
That's because it's not right.

Not to start anything, but how is it not right?

Brother

Brother

Read the previous pages.

skull-splitter

Quote from: visagepoissons on Jan 14, 2010, 12:12:29 PM
speaking of FSAA: I've read that AvP, like Killzone 2, heavily relies on differred rendering. The upside is the sheer amount of atmosphere you can add, the downside is that FSAA won't work.
Oh god... If this is true I will cry... That's the reason that Dead Space can't use anti aliasing. Still, that game was very atmospheric. But the constant flickering of those un AAed models did take away from the immersiveness.

To be honest, to cry about FSAA when a game looks like this... Seems a bit like being a crybaby for the sake of it. Sure, it'd be nice to have FSAA, if available at affordable framerates, it get's turned on. But if it just is impossible, so be it, it'd still be a freaking good looking game.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

if theres no AA you could always up the resolution to take the edges awaay alittle..........

The_Silencer

In general terms and on lower resolutions, as for example 1024x768 or so.., x2 or x4AA makes a difference. Just my 2 cents on that.

skull-splitter

Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 14, 2010, 01:15:18 PM
In general terms and on lower resolutions, as for example 1024x768 or so.., x2 or x4AA makes a difference. Just my 2 cents on that.

Even on my 24" widescreen with 1920*1200 resolution, I just tend to prefer 4-8X FSAA, so it just looks smoother. But if a game hardly runs on that resolution, I'm quite fine with regular rendering.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2010, 11:24:09 AM
For the record the design is the same as Cameron's except for the triple-joints. None of the bucktoothed crap.

Hicks, are the arms we've seen in newer screenshots and MP vids newer version of the alien arms or just a new MP skin or something? The don't really look like the usual alien arm designs.

Thought you might know since you played it recently.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

are you serious? you can hardly see the arms in the new screenshot?   ::)

G8RSG1

G8RSG1

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 14, 2010, 02:34:45 PM
are you serious? you can hardly see the arms in the new screenshot?   ::)

And yet they are distinctly different. The are around the wrists particularly. I'm not complaining at all, I'm just curious as to what brought on the change.

LordShambler

LordShambler

i gotta say, the last pic looks kick-ass. if the game plays even half as good as it looks then its a winner.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 01:13:33 PM
Quote from: visagepoissons on Jan 14, 2010, 12:12:29 PM

To be honest, to cry about FSAA when a game looks like this... Seems a bit like being a crybaby for the sake of it. Sure, it'd be nice to have FSAA, if available at affordable framerates, it get's turned on. But if it just is impossible, so be it, it'd still be a freaking good looking game.
Or just forcefully enable it through either via nVidia control panel or the ATI catalyst drivers etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed