FX Chairman John Landgraf Talks Alien Series Setting

Started by RidgeTop, Aug 04, 2022, 02:52:46 AM

Author
FX Chairman John Landgraf Talks Alien Series Setting (Read 10,685 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 04, 2022, 10:51:30 AMSo neither scary nor exciting?

Which seems accurate from everything said so far.

Are we talking about Alien 3 now?

Gimitko

Noah said in a fairly recent interview that hes realized all of his recent work is about the exploitation and abuse of children. This show seems to be following that tradition by having numerous Peter Pan references already, with a character being called Wendy, the first episode "Neverland" and a very young naive CEO running what is essentially a factory for superhumans. Considering he said the show will be about "humanity at its worst" I expect childish naivete to be used for horrible ends and for core tension of the show to come from there. The young CEO of Prodigy is mentioned to have a manipulative old advisor and judging from what we have heard so far, I suspect that old advisor might desire to take over the body of his young master, transferring his conciousness to it. Hawleys villains are always remarkable. Just musing about what the show might be about, considering I know Noahs work inside and out.

BigDaddyJohn

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Aug 04, 2022, 06:08:29 PMAs Prey seems to be proving, you don't need to reinvent the wheel to keep the franchise fresh.
Do you know that as yet?
Not like Aliens changed the genre or anything and then AlienĀ³ changed it again.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 04, 2022, 06:58:29 PMHow dare you.

That's okay, they can be incorrect about that, and are incorrect about this as well in my opinion. Just like so many wrote off Prey immediately. That's what my intuition tells me though anyway.

SiL

From what we know that post seems pretty accurate.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Gimitko on Aug 04, 2022, 06:27:49 PMNoah said in a fairly recent interview that hes realized all of his recent work is about the exploitation and abuse of children. This show seems to be following that tradition by having numerous Peter Pan references already, with a character being called Wendy, the first episode "Neverland" and a very young naive CEO running what is essentially a factory for superhumans. Considering he said the show will be about "humanity at its worst" I expect childish naivete to be used for horrible ends and for core tension of the show to come from there. The young CEO of Prodigy is mentioned to have a manipulative old advisor and judging from what we have heard so far, I suspect that old advisor might desire to take over the body of his young master, transferring his conciousness to it. Hawleys villains are always remarkable. Just musing about what the show might be about, considering I know Noahs work inside and out.

f**k yes.

Local Trouble

This is still an Alien show, right?

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 04, 2022, 08:47:21 PMThis is still an Alien show, right?
The producer didn't even seem sure if they took the Alien from the movies so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 04, 2022, 08:49:57 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 04, 2022, 08:47:21 PMThis is still an Alien show, right?
The producer didn't even seem sure if they took the Alien from the movies so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Then why should we watch it?

BlueMarsalis79

Because of Noah Hawley. Not because "insert franchise" in fact, granted I gravitated towards Legion because of the relation to the X-Men, but that's ultimately a bonus to a well told story.

Local Trouble

What about dance numbers?

BlueMarsalis79

That was a turn off lol

Immortan Jonesy

I bet Noah can do wonders with an in-universe Alien musical

BlueMarsalis79

It's just a meme at this point honestly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed