Alien FX Show Weta Leak

Started by anibo, Jan 23, 2022, 11:03:37 PM

Author
Alien FX Show Weta Leak (Read 23,426 times)

tralaritralara

tralaritralara

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 26, 2022, 09:37:48 AM
Quote from: TC on Jan 26, 2022, 03:16:21 AM
Still moving away from the biomechanoid look. Wasn't there an admission from the Covenant artists that the biomechanoid style was protected by Giger's estate?

Maybe this:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/podcasts/avpg_pc_episode52.mp3

No, all aspects relating to the Alien that Giger designed for the original film and Alien 3 is available for 20th/fox/disney to exploit. What they can't do is use any of Giger's other paintings without the permission of his estate. That was made very clear to Carlos Huante, Wayne Haag etc. by Fox's legal dept.

Covenant production designer, Chris Seegers said that they were sort of "edging" into the biomechanical aspects with the prequels, so we would likely have seen that in a third film.
urgh, so we are not seeing the 1.0 version of the alien already fused with engineer's tech, which I think the story was heading to?, (when engineers return to covenants planet they discover David's creation, and it impresses them so much they upgrade it with their tech, just like they do with their own bodies with those pressure and space jockey suits).

Well, that if we ever see the third prequel, to begin with..

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

I'm not a big fan of the saggy breasts but this design out-Gigers Giger

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2022, 09:33:02 AMSo the more I look at this, particularly the close up, the more I like it. Not as a replacement for the Alien, but as an off-shoot. As a genetic experiment, or SiL, or Blue Marsalis, I really do like this.

Great minds think alike!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 24, 2022, 01:57:28 PM
If this is a Blue Marsalis thang, the more I look at it, the more I think I'm really digging it.

QuoteJust drop the boobs and I'm happy.

But think of all the fan "art" this will inspire. :laugh:

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

I also like that it's not a bug and looks elegant. I can't imagine this design jumping around like a deranged cricket.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kane's other son on Jan 26, 2022, 06:52:56 PM
I also like that it's not a bug and looks elegant. I can't imagine this design jumping around like a deranged cricket.

I'm trying to conceptualize a deranged cricket... :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Can't speak for deranged crickets, but I love our very own angry stick bug. :D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 26, 2022, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2022, 09:33:02 AMSo the more I look at this, particularly the close up, the more I like it. Not as a replacement for the Alien, but as an off-shoot. As a genetic experiment, or SiL, or Blue Marsalis, I really do like this.

Great minds think alike!

Feminine lips was a good design choice  :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

In a Giger painting ? Sure. On an actual Xenomorph ? Not sure about that

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 26, 2022, 10:30:01 PM

The heart wants what the heart wants...

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Looks weird, like something you wouldn't get in a safe retread of Aliens.

Bring it on.

(Also, I hope nobody at Weta is in trouble over this leak...)

Bughuntwilson

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 26, 2022, 10:34:39 PM

The heart wants what the heart wants...

https://i1.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/AlienDourif.jpg?fit=449%2C%209999&crop=0%2C0%2C100%2C257px
We all know somebody going to be using this as shower material its only a matter of time

tralaritralara

tralaritralara

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 26, 2022, 07:34:25 PM

https://www.scified.com/topics/6319653552923624.gif
If there was something I could never stand, starting by A L I E N S, was showing the human born alien on its fours, like a bug, and that covenant scene in particular is one of those I hate the most in the franchise.

How much better this movie would have fared if the alien was put on screen this way mostly, like a human.., like in the first film, off center and difficult to see properly:

Perhaps the greatest price the creature had to pay since the sequel to the first movie. The alien turned into the starship troppers arachnid.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As THE Xenomorph? No. As another type of, yes, quite happily.

Quote from: tralaritralara on Jan 27, 2022, 08:15:19 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 26, 2022, 07:34:25 PM

https://www.scified.com/topics/6319653552923624.gif
If there was something I could never stand, starting by A L I E N S, was showing the human born alien on its fours, like a bug, and that covenant scene in particular is one of those I hate the most in the franchise.

How much better this movie would have fared if the alien was put on screen this way mostly, like a human.., like in the first film, off center and difficult to see properly:

Perhaps the greatest price the creature had to pay since the sequel to the first movie. The alien turned into the starship troppers arachnid.

That scene is the best the Alien looks in Covenant IMHO. It's so creepy. I don't mind seeing them on all fours or moving around insectile-like - the movement in Aliens is fantastic - as long as they've given a good level of intelligence in their portrayal.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

And I was wondering why something like this didn't end up on the front page. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed