At the Mountains of Madness - Guillermo del Toro

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Dec 01, 2021, 03:52:06 PM

Author
At the Mountains of Madness - Guillermo del Toro (Read 2,388 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Guillermo del Toro via FangoriaEarly in the episode, del Toro has this to say upon being asked whether or not his working relationship with Netflix might lead to one of his oldest passion projects finally making its way to screens:

Well, listen, take a wild guess which were the first projects I presented, you know? (laughs) I went through the cupboards and found (The Count of) Monte Cristo, (At the) Mountains of Madness. Those were a couple of the ones I presented first. The thing with Mountains is, the screenplay I co-wrote fifteen years ago is not the screenplay I would do now, so I need to do a rewrite. Not only to scale it down somehow, but because back then I was trying to bridge the scale of it with elements that would make it go through the studio machinery...

I don't think I need to reconcile that anymore. I can go to a far more esoteric, weirder, smaller version of it. You know, where I can go back to some of the scenes that were left out. Some of the big set pieces I designed, for example, I have no appetite for. Like, I've already done this or that giant set piece. I feel like going into a weirder direction.

I know a few things will stay. I know the ending we have is one the most intriguing, weird, unsettling endings, for me. There's about four horror set pieces that I love in the original script. So, you know, it would be my hope. I certainly get a phone call every six months from Don Murphy going "Are we doing this or what? Are you doing this next or what?" and I say "I have to take the time to rewrite it."

https://twitter.com/ScottWamplerBMD/status/1466058165448024069

Master

Don't  give me hopes... but if true, oh my!

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed! it would be totally heartbreaker if the project didn't materialize. But if Guillermo del Toro will succeed.. 8)

Xenomrph

Holy shit, it would be amazing if he got to make this.

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, the script leaked years ago. It isn't very good, unfortunately, but del Toro has said recently that if he does get to make it nowadays, he wants to essentially rewrite the entire thing.

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1586372285430206469

Hmmm, I wonder – could an announcement be coming with Netflix backing this now?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 29, 2022, 03:07:18 PMhttps://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1586372285430206469

Hmmm, I wonder – could an announcement be coming with Netflix backing this now?

I definitely hope so! 8)

Xenomrph

I saw this thread got bumped and got insanely hyped.

Talk about a tease lol

Stitch

Don't have instagram so can't see, but if that's the VFX, it looks good. Shoggoth looks a little weird, and not shoggothy, though.

Wweyland

No Penguins though?
Looks like The Thing

Ingwar

Gilfryd

Quote from: Stitch on Nov 11, 2022, 08:54:19 AMDon't have instagram so can't see, but if that's the VFX, it looks good. Shoggoth looks a little weird, and not shoggothy, though.

I'm thinking it's a shoggoth, in the form of a penguin (look how tubby it is), turning into a human, turning back into a shoggoth (the tentacles)? The mantis/sickle arms look right out of the Thing prequel though.

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 11, 2022, 09:08:11 AMNo Penguins though?
Looks like The Thing

This was shared a while back, which looks oddly zombified -

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed