Possible Character Details

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 06, 2021, 05:38:32 AM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 47,005 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I understand the skepticism.

But I think at this stage, you should base your opinions and or speculation on Noah Hawley's prior work first and foremost if anything, I reckon we'd have an equal amount of bitching if he did talk about genetic engineering for example especially after Alien Resurrection, Prometheus and Alien Covenant, and them dealing with that type of story.

SiL

SiL

I've learned it's best to judge the project, not the people attached. Great artists can make terrible art and vice versa

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's already proven true with Lucy in the Sky so I guess that's fair.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 18, 2022, 10:45:58 PM
I find it a bold strategy to market a project by generating so much negative buzz.

In all fairness they're not marketing it. This is all leaks that they likely don't want out for exactly these reactions.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wonder if the leaks are meant to generate negative buzz so the powers-that-be will make changes while there's still time.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 19, 2022, 06:21:39 PM
I wonder if the leaks are meant to generate negative buzz so the powers-that-be will make changes while there's still time.

Nope.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think that's unlikely. This all just seems to be casting information.

NoStyleDutch

NoStyleDutch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2022, 04:47:18 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 18, 2022, 10:45:58 PM
I find it a bold strategy to market a project by generating so much negative buzz.

In all fairness they're not marketing it. This is all leaks that they likely don't want out for exactly these reactions.

It's entirely possible it will be bad, but I do think it sucks that out of context leaks end up creating a negative lens that many will watch the show through, even if it's great.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 19, 2022, 07:05:30 PM
It's entirely possible it will be bad, but I do think it sucks that out of context leaks end up creating a negative lens that many will watch the show through, even if it's great.

I don't think that's true.  If anything, having lowered expectations only serves to increase the likelihood of being pleasantly surprised.  It's when people go into something expecting the second coming of Christ that their preconceived notions are liable to negatively impact upon their perception of the experience.  If one goes into a film or TV show with rock bottom expectations, then the only way is up.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2022, 07:03:24 PM

I think that's unlikely. This all just seems to be casting information.

I noticed that they drove you to drink.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 19, 2022, 07:08:49 PM

I don't think that's true.  If anything, having lowered expectations only serves to increase the likelihood of being pleasantly surprised.  It's when people go into something expecting the second coming of Christ that their preconceived notions are liable to negatively impact upon their perception of the experience.  If one goes into a film or TV show with rock bottom expectations, then the only way is up.

I think there's a difference between low expectations and no expectations. For example, I had no expectations for 2019 Joker movie and was totally blown away by it

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 19, 2022, 07:18:10 PM
I think there's a difference between low expectations and no expectations. For example, I had no expectations for 2019 Joker movie and was totally blown away by it

The core point remains; if your expectations are low (low or zero, it's the same difference), then you only stand to be pleasantly surprised.  Whereas, if your expectations are high, then your viewing experience has a lot to live up to.  That you had zero expectations and were blown away by Joker only serves to prove my point.

Kradan

Kradan

You know what ? I'm not sure what I was arguing either. Sorry

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 19, 2022, 07:08:49 PM

Prometheus must have been the second coming of Jesus...at least that's what many people thought. Marketing agreed with them.

Spoiler
I was one of them 😭
[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 19, 2022, 09:12:07 PM
You know what ? I'm not sure what I was arguing either. Sorry

No I think you had a point. Not expecting anything is different to expecting trash. One is going in completely fresh, the other is going in having to be won over.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed