Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,730 times)

Voodoo Magic

So if Spring 2022 is Noah's target for filming, I would wager it's going to premiere early 2023 the earliest, leaving me just a little bummed we have wait that long!

Nightmare Asylum

At the rate we're going, we might be on track for one more interview/bit of news between now and release if the current pace keeps up. ;)

j0nesy

placing bets on a series premiere of april 26, 2023? (which is a wednesday)

XENOMORPHOSIS

What ever form this TV Show takes, there's the worry it could have poorly done cgi like Sarah Connor Chronicles "even though the show holds up the effects don't" I'd in ways be more eager for a Predator TV Show, applying the murder mystery style Predator 2 but in various time eras.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah definitely something like Predator 2 could have played out well in an episodic format I think!

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 01, 2021, 10:07:36 PM
At the rate we're going, we might be on track for one more interview/bit of news between now and release if the current pace keeps up. ;)

Errrrrr.... yep! lol

This is really awful, but for some reason when I first read Noah's quote about bursting our bubble / doing the show right, it harkened me back to one of Cameron's responses to an Avatar 2 delay a few years ago - some sort of better to delay and get it right.  And that's not what I want my brain to be going to here! :laugh:

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 01, 2021, 10:11:20 PM
placing bets on a series premiere of april 26, 2023? (which is a wednesday)

Let's hope when Noah says Spring he means March versus May or June!

SiL

Quote from: TomT on Jul 01, 2021, 06:57:55 PM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jul 01, 2021, 06:20:40 PM
Rather preposterous to assume since Alien displayed tension with the Nostromo crew from the hierarchy, their fees and bonuses, the corruption of the corporation and Ripley not being a damsel. Should the writing be good and its executed good it shouldn't be a problem.
You miss one important detail: those films were written and directed by much more talented people than Hawley and they were done a long long time ago, when those quotes wouldn't sound suspicious.
The films were always explicitly anti-capitalist and were acknowledged as such at the time.

Richman678

Hope they don't turn it into a woke fest. I have faith in Hawkey though.

Still not sure i like it's on earth.

Immortan Jonesy

The "screw the diverse entertaining-political correctness-any political reverence" bandwagon seems to forget themes of their beloved lore, or how political entertaining can be.  :laugh:

I just saw this in my recommendation, I think it's from Collider. 😜

PAS Spinelli

Yeah man! f**k political themes about corporations and rich people using lower classes like lifeless things, because after all this is a franchise about.. corporations.. using lower classes.. as expandable assets to get to the titular alien. Do people that complain about wOkEnEsS and Pc cUlTuRe even remember what the plot for these movies are?

Evanus

Yeah, all this "ugh it's too woke" shit is kinda really dumb.

Anyway, I like the sound of this. Still a bit worried about the earth setting and when it takes place, but I like what Hawley's saying here.

PAS Spinelli

SiL

BlueMarsalis79

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 02, 2021, 02:05:15 AM

How can you compare when the "have politic bad" haven't been released yet?

It's all about the execution.
If you got a good movie, with a proper cast, a good script with well written dialogue, no one cares about a political analogy.
It has to feel natural. Pieces have to picked because they're right for the part, so everything fits nicely together.
As soon as the pieces (actors, storylines, themes,...) are picked just to check certain boxes, it feels forced and gets bothersome.

It's like talking about something without sounding preachy and pushy.

BlueMarsalis79

I expect it to be political.

And if anything deserves to be outrightly so-

It's Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed