Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 211,974 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: seattle24 on Jul 01, 2021, 03:43:38 PM
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/07/alien-tv-series-noah-hawley

"Paul Reiser is middle management at best."

Being Special Projects Director would seem higher than just being middle management.

HuDaFuK

That could also be an entirely bullshitty corporate title designed to make him feel better about himself than he otherwise would.

Either way, I've never thought he was especially powerful in the grand scheme of company things.

Voodoo Magic

BlueMarsalis79

f**king BASED Noah Hawley

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

This sounds good and Hawley seems like a fan. Still going to need some convincing on it being set on earth. But he's explaining something I've always wanted to see. Who's interested in harnessing the Alien in the movies and why? I hope there's room for some Space Jockey or Engineer characters that would be awesome.

*I know the company wanted it for the bio-weapons devision but that always seemed to hand wavey for me. I liked the angle in Labyrinth much better.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Should they pull this off well it can be a cautionary tale of the company's greed and the lengths they go to to meet their bottom line.

Not to speak so soon some may misread the "On some level it's also a story about inequality" as being woke agenda.
Rather preposterous to assume since Alien displayed tension with the Nostromo crew from the hierarchy, their fees and bonuses, the corruption of the corporation and Ripley not being a damsel. Should the writing be good and its executed good it shouldn't be a problem.

TomT

TomT

So he's basically saying that AvP: Requiem won't be the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise after his TV Show? It's incredible how they can screw this up over and over again.

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jul 01, 2021, 06:20:40 PM
Not to speak so soon some may misread the "On some level it's also a story about inequality" as being woke agenda.
You also forgot "spread the wealth"  :)

Rather preposterous to assume since Alien displayed tension with the Nostromo crew from the hierarchy, their fees and bonuses, the corruption of the corporation and Ripley not being a damsel. Should the writing be good and its executed good it shouldn't be a problem.
You miss one important detail: those films were written and directed by much more talented people than Hawley and they were done a long long time ago, when those quotes wouldn't sound suspicious.

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jul 01, 2021, 06:01:40 PMHawley seems like a fan.
Yeah, that's why he's ignoring all the films in the franchise.

[cancerblack]

Already happening in droves.

Even I admit to some skepticism as to how likely Hollywood is to hear "inequality" and let it just (or mostly) be about class and not race, gender etc, but Hawley seems to get left to his own devices for the most part so hopefully we get whatever his vision is without any design-by-committee stuff or meddling execs goofing with the bees.

Quote from: TomT on Jul 01, 2021, 06:57:55 PM
So he's basically saying that AvP: Requiem won't be the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise after his TV Show? It's incredible how they can screw this up over and over again.
You miss one important detail: those films were written and directed by much more talented people than Hawley and they were done a long long time ago, when those quotes wouldn't sound suspicious.

Lol, right on cue.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Noah hawley spread the wealth line is worrying the alien franchise has went through enough already.But while were on that topic it be neat if the UPP make a appearance.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 01, 2021, 05:56:48 PM
Showrunner Noah Hawley reveals New Details and a Progress Report on his Upcoming Alien TV Series!
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2021/07/01/showrunner-noah-hawley-reveals-new-details-and-a-progress-report-on-his-upcoming-alien-tv-series/

"It's a story that's set on Earth also. The alien stories are always trapped... Trapped in a prison, trapped in a space ship. I thought it would be interesting to open it up a little bit so that the stakes of "What happens if you can't contain it?" are more immediate."

Something like a Pandemic?  :D

But seriously, I wonder if he's going to draw some references to current events, more or less like when Scott was inspired by the islands of anthrax from WWII in Prometheus. 🤔

"Scott confirms the planet we saw in Prometheus was a military research outpost, which he based on what he learned about Anthrax Island where they developed anthrax during World War II."

'Alien: Covenant': 38 Things We Learned from Ridley Scott's Audio Commentary

I've seen Legion and all the Fargo seasons, and I trust that at least the execution will live up to the best of Alien, regardless of the controversial choice of setting. I hope they pick up good actors & actresses, like in Fargo. I mean gosh, have you seen that show? some performances are gold, notably that of Kirsten Dunst!  :o 8)

Having said that ... release the Plagiarus praepotens outbreak and all the corporate intrigue courtesy of Noah Hawley. I'm going to put my hands on fire for this man and I know I won't be severely burned. 🔥 8)🔥 8)🔥 8)

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jul 01, 2021, 06:01:40 PM
This sounds good and Hawley seems like a fan. Still going to need some convincing on it being set on earth. But he's explaining something I've always wanted to see. Who's interested in harnessing the Alien in the movies and why? I hope there's room for some Space Jockey or Engineer characters that would be awesome.

Yes, they need something like that, definitely. The odd, truth-is-stranger-than-fiction element that triggers cosnpiranoic paranoia in characters, etc.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The political angle here is the last thing to be complaining about. :D That is all right in line with the portrayal of the world in the first three films (and the one we're living in right now).

My biggest hangup/cause for concern right now lies in how muddied that inherent political stance might become in the grand scheme of things (fellow mega-corp Disney is bank rolling this thing, after all – I hope it doesn't try to justify the angles that Weyland-Yutani is playing), the Earth setting, which I'm still having trouble coming to grips with in an Alien narrative, and what the show is actually going to look like. Not just in the design of the world, but cinematically as well. The Alien franchise has already been brought to life by four of the finest filmmakers of their generation, and I hope to see that legacy carried on in this series. I want to see something here with a very distinct vision and something to say. Something that's going to look damn good while saying it.

Great to hear that a couple scripts are written and that there's a projected start date for production. I eagerly anticipate further details and look forward to seeing what comes of this.

j0nesy

first post in a while, oof  :P

i wasn't too concerned with the earth setting to begin with, and hawley's comment has only cemented that. segueing for a second, which actors would we like to see borrowed from fargo/legion?

jemaine clement is great, dan stevens would be a good lead

Immortan Jonesy

Entertainment has always been political, so no issue here either.  :P

marrerom

QuoteIt's a story that's set on Earth also. The alien stories are always trapped... Trapped in a prison, trapped in a space ship. I thought it would be interesting to open it up a little bit so that the stakes of "What happens if you can't contain it?" are more immediate.

Well, Shit. The creativity well must be bone dry. I was cautiously optimistic that this show would have potential (There are a lot of interesting ways to tell a story when not constricted by a 2 hour theatrical runtime).  Now, I fear that we are in for a retread of AvP/AvP-R. I just hate the idea of Aliens being on Earth. I mean, It seems that the only way for this tv series to NOT contradict the films would be if they set it after Alien Resurrection.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: TomT on Jul 01, 2021, 06:57:55 PM

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jul 01, 2021, 06:01:40 PMHawley seems like a fan.
Yeah, that's why he's ignoring all the films in the franchise.

I'm laughing so much it's starting to hurt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed