Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,021 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Getting Fincher back in's far more interesting to me than the idea of Cameron or another Scott project, frankly I don't think Cameron's half the director he used to be without Gale Ann Hurd, and Scott's a known quantity at this point.

Kimarhi

Cameron generally seems to stick to his guns when it comes to ideas.  That would be the primary reason I'd want his input.  Idea in mind, set a goal, finished product without all the craziness.

But you will never get Cameron back because I think he personally finds the Alienverse too limiting.  I believe it was the scriptment of Avatar where he basically trashed the Alien as being non threatening.  Something about one of his monsters fitting in one of his avatar's creatures mouth or something.  It was written as being derogatory to the Alien.

Fincher is also done with the franchise because of his experience with Alien 3.  So Scott IS most likely the only one giving new input, its just a shame because he's a crazy old man. 

At this point I'd rather them develop something without his name attached in the universe than have him involved again. 

SiL

The Thanator would eat an Alien Queen for breakfast or something like that.

kwisatz

Get Aster or Eggers (top of my head) to write a script on their own and I'm 90% even present-day Scott wouldn't fukk it up.

He needs to like it though. But even present-day Scott likes good screenplays. Someone needs to tell him which is which though.  ;D

It already worked in Blade Runner 2049's case (I'm pretty sure Scott was more than just "consulted" here). 

Evanus

Cameron and Fincher will never return. Personally I just want Scott to finish his prequel story, after that I don't really care what happens.

I'm surprised the show is seemingly right up Scott's street though. Hope we'll get official info about the show soon.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yep, same. I want to see Scott finish his prequel narrative, but then after that, move onto something new with someone new. The big appeal of the Alien franchise to me is seeing how each new filmmaker interprets the material in their own film(s), and Scott is but one of those filmmakers with a currently unfinished vision.

kwisatz

Perfectly understandable that is.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Scott it is then, because Cameron's dull to me and Fincher just never will...

[cancerblack]

I think it's well known around here that I'd like a third Scott prequel to wrap that stuff up, but aside from that, I think new blood is what's needed (or a long period of dormancy...).

Fresh director, preferably fairly new on the scene like Scott, Cameron, Fincher were at the time etc. Fresh locations, new characters. The only memberberries should be a general well-used look and Gigers creature designs.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 21, 2021, 09:26:46 PM
I think it's well known around here that I'd like a third Scott prequel to wrap that stuff up, but aside from that, I think new blood is what's needed (or a long period of dormancy...). Fresh director, preferably fairly new on the scene like Scott, Cameron, Fincher were at the time etc. Fresh locations, new characters. The only memberberries should be a general well-used look and Gigers creature designs.

I love love love you just, wanted an excuse to say it.

[cancerblack]

BlueMarsalis79

kwisatz

They both at the very end of the Users Online Box right this moment.  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

Are you insinuating something?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 21, 2021, 09:26:46 PM
I think it's well known around here that I'd like a third Scott prequel to wrap that stuff up, but aside from that, I think new blood is what's needed (or a long period of dormancy...).

Fresh director, preferably fairly new on the scene like Scott, Cameron, Fincher were at the time etc. Fresh locations, new characters. The only memberberries should be a general well-used look and Gigers creature designs.

That sounds like a smart direction for this IP. I wonder if such a cool director can be found on any of these lists, or if we're going to have to wait a bit longer.

IMDb ~ Top 20 Rising Directors

IMDb ~ Top 50 Upcoming Directors

Top 50 Variety Names 10 Directors to Watch for 2021

Edit ~ Blomkamp is in the second list.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed