Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 212,296 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Chomping at the bit for some news on this thing... Hoping we maybe get to hear something on April 26th, at least. If Disney even still plans to keep the "Alien Day" thing going.

Getting sick of the only Alien "news" out there being an endless string of We Got This Covered "scoops" over and over and over again. :D

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 14, 2021, 11:41:09 PM
Chomping at the bit for some news on this thing... Hoping we maybe get to hear something on April 26th, at least. If Disney even still plans to keep the "Alien Day" thing going.

Getting sick of the only Alien "news" out there being an endless string of We Got This Covered "scoops" over and over and over again. :D

I tried to search for when the next round of Upfronts or a Disney/Hulu/Fox event is but found no info. Hopefully we hear something by summer! The comments made at the Disney investors day made it seem like they fast tracking this.

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe at Disney Comic-Con or whatever it's called.

Voodoo Magic

MudButt

It's possible, if they do it this year. In the past they've primarily focused on the family content. Hulu may be too adult for that event.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 14, 2021, 11:41:09 PMGetting sick of the only Alien "news" out there being an endless string of We Got This Covered "scoops" over and over and over again. :D

:laugh: Word.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 15, 2021, 04:30:07 AM

I tried to search for when the next round of Upfronts or a Disney/Hulu/Fox event is but found no info. Hopefully we hear something by summer! The comments made at the Disney investors day made it seem like they fast tracking this.

Yeah, saying "We're moving quickly" to a bunch of investors during Disney Investor Day could have possibly set an unreasonable more timely expectation for us fans. In development could mean they're actually currently working out the story and the scripts, and they're not moving at any faster pace than normal.  :-\

MudButt

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 15, 2021, 03:12:54 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Mar 15, 2021, 04:30:07 AM

Yeah, saying "We're moving quickly" to a bunch of investors during Disney Investor Day could have possibly set an unreasonable more timely expectation for us fans. In development could mean they're actually currently working out the story and the scripts, and they're not moving at any faster pace than normal.  :-\

I've got a feeling we'll hear news soon.. Hawley pitched this to Fox back in 2019 before the merger. He's had the idea for some time now, I'm sure scripts weren't written until the greenlight was given but maybe he had an idea of the story he wanted to tell. I feel like we'll get some information this summer regarding directing & casting.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/noah-hawley-alien-tv-pitch-legion

Nightmare Asylum

I don't want to give them any extra clicks, so I'm not going to link to the article itself (if you want to find it, it is easy enough to find), but We Got This Covered is getting to... some pretty absurd levels with their Alien "announcements" for projects that will be coming alongside this Noah Hawley-helmed series:

QuoteLuckily, we've had insider Daniel Richtman to deliver a constant stream of Alien-related news to keep us occupied over the last several months, with the tipster now claiming that Disney is reportedly developing a cinematic universe for the iconic sci-fi brand. There's no additional information provided, but it would go some way to explaining why he's been offering up a regular bombardment of potential projects that are said to be in the works without any of them actually materializing as of yet.

According to his intel, Disney have at various points discussed an Alien vs. Predator limited series, a PG-13 Disney Plus show, a new adventure spearheaded by James Cameron, another Ridley Scott effort not connected to his previous pair of prequels, a young Ripley story that may or may not be the same thing as the other Ripley-centric effort that he reported Sigourney Weaver was being eyed for, the return of the Alien Queen, an all-star team-up that would involve Ripley, Newt, Hicks and more, and Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 being back on the table. But for now, none of the above have been confirmed by either Disney or 20th Century Studios.

:-X

Kimarhi

Hahahahahahaha.

I had a feeling that this is where the franchise would go once Disney got a hold of it. 

Unverified, but not surprising. 

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 15, 2021, 08:05:32 PM
Hahahahahahaha.

I had a feeling that this is where the franchise would go once Disney got a hold of it. 

Unverified, but not surprising. 

It's from the fakest site on the net, don't gloat just yet.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, I wouldn't put any stock at all into WGTC. But it is pretty wild seeing people reacting to this endless string of "announcements" with excitement.

Corporal Hicks

I've banned links to that being shared on the Facebook group. Might have to extend it to here and that includes quotes...  :P :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2021, 09:17:14 PM
I've banned links to that being shared on the Facebook group. Might have to extend it to here and that includes quotes...  :P :laugh:

Touché! :D

The news drought for the Hawley show had me scraping corners of the internet to see what else was out there... and what else was out there was not pleasant!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2021, 09:17:14 PM

I'm still waiting for my Quentin Tarantino Predator movie that they broke!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed