Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,677 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 29, 2020, 08:45:11 AMThere's me in the background having wanted to see the Space Jockeys explored. It's just this particular explanation wasn't the one I was after. lol

:laugh: Fair.

I guess I just prefer a mystery.

Voodoo Magic

Becareful what you wish for! Agreed. Like Kubrick's The Shining, or 2001 and the Monolith, the Space Jockey works better if it remains a mystery. Even though "Predators" doesn't rise to that level, Nimród Antal got it right in my opinion for wanting his mysteries to remain mysteries, even now. Because when you reveal those mysteries, instead of fascinating posts with wild imaginations where fans theorize where the Alien Xenomorph came from or what the Xenomorph is or represents, if it's some sort of space cancer or what have you, now we have David created them. That's it. And once you have those answers, suddenly the universe feels quite a lot smaller.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 29, 2020, 01:52:53 PM
Becareful what you wish for! Agreed. Like Kubrick's The Shining, or 2001 and the Monolith, the Space Jockey works better if it remains a mystery. Even though "Predators" doesn't rise to that level, Nimród Antal got it right in my opinion for wanting his mysteries to remain mysteries, even now. Because when you reveal those mysteries, instead of fascinating posts with wild imaginations where fans theorize where the Alien Xenomorph came from or what the Xenomorph is or represents, if it's some sort of space cancer or what have you, now we have David created them. That's it. And once you have those answers, suddenly the universe feels quite a lot smaller.

Couldn't. Agree. More!

PraetorianX101

So, has it been specified whether this series will be canon to the films? Or will it be its own continuity?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: PraetorianX101 on Dec 29, 2020, 05:56:13 PM
So, has it been specified whether this series will be canon to the films? Or will it be its own continuity?

Since R. Scott is somewhat tied to the project I would say that they're going to try to stay as true as they can to the canon and continuity of the movies, the prequels included. Hence why I believe that this pitch where they're talking about the series taking place on Earth in a "near" future is to be taken lightly. The show might take off from Earth (quite literally), but will take place mostly in space. Mostly. There might be flashbacks or parallel story lines taking place on Earth, but any interractions with Xenomorphs will most definitely happen far away from Earth and our solar system. Same thing with the "near future" part - it might be video transmissions from a near future picked up by people in the "far" future, or it might be a bunch of flashbacks or even a parallel storyline & timeline taking place entirely a few decades from now embedded into the series.

My guess is that the main storyline & timeline will take place after A3 and will somehow explain why the only way to get ahold of a Xenomorph specimen in the era of A:R was to clone Ripley rather than going to the Derelict, or simply stumbling upon Engineer black goo riddled ruins and remains at some point after the events taking place during A:C.

Whether David created the Xenos or not needs to be explained by Ridley Scott, preferably in a prequel finale movie. It's way too big of a deal to be explained or retconned by a mere tv series.

Anyways, the initial info we were given about the show was most likely a part of a PR stunt to get this baby on the road.

PraetorianX101

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 29, 2020, 09:35:58 PM
Quote from: PraetorianX101 on Dec 29, 2020, 05:56:13 PM

Since R. Scott is somewhat tied to the project I would say that they're going to try to stay as true as they can to the canon and continuity of the movies, the prequels included. Hence why I believe that this pitch where they're talking about the series taking place on Earth in a "near" future is to be taken lightly. The show might take off from Earth (quite literally), but will take place mostly in space. There might be flashbacks or parallel story lines taking place on Earth, but any interractions with Xenomorphs will most definitely happen far away from Earth and our solar system. Same thing with the "near future" part - it might be video transmissions from a near future picked up by people in the "far" future, or it might be a bunch of flashbacks or even a parallel storyline & timeline taking place entirely a few decades from now.

My guess is that the main storyline & timeline will take place after A3 and will somehow explain why the only way to get ahold of a Xenomorph specimen in the era of A:R was to clone Ripley rather than going to the Derelict, or simply stumbling upon Engineer black goo riddled ruins and remains at some point after the events taking place during A:C.

Whether David created the Xenos or not needs to be explained by Ridley Scott, preferably in a prequel finale movie. It's way too big of a deal to be explained or retconned by a mere tv series.

Anyways, the initial info we were given about the show was most likely a part of a PR stunt to get this baby on the road.
Yeah. I doubt Ridley would be involved with something that could potentially retcon his prequels. :P Although, if the info we were given is nothing more than a red herring, it does seem odd that they'd use a non-futuristic Earth setting as the selling point for this series since many fans seem to be averse to the concept.

David Weyland

I want a TV Series that stokes the fire for a third prequel, perhaps ending in a finale that interweaves & combines with said hoped Motion Picture, done right it could be deep and nourishing; banishing the naysayers, bringing us all back together but saying that...I'm an optimist! 😄

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Master on Dec 28, 2020, 11:08:43 PM
It should be set between Alien 3 and Resurrection with W-Y revisiting Derelict.

I'd imagine that the explosion the size of Nebraska most likely took care of that. ;)

David Weyland

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 29, 2020, 11:14:31 PM

I'd imagine that the explosion the size of Nebraska most likely took care of that. ;)

Yes plus Colonial Marines..
that was peddled as Canon too right? 😄

judge death

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 29, 2020, 11:14:31 PM

IT took the colonists years to find that ship so I doubt it was near enough to be destrroyed by the explosion, also the planet is rocky and full of mountains and hills so the enviroment will be a good protection for it, can easily see it being unaffected by the atmosphere processors explosion.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 29, 2020, 09:35:58 PM
Since R. Scott is somewhat tied to the project I would say that they're going to try to stay as true as they can to the canon and continuity of the movies, the prequels included.

I don't think Ridley Scott as an Executive Producer is a done deal yet, and at this point I would surmise the creative process has long since chugged along without him (even though Executive Producer is typically a non creative role to begin with.)

Evanus

I'm just assuming they're trying to get him aboard for his name, nothing more. We know they basically lied in the investor call by saying he was already working alongside Hawley, while he's in talks only... which doesn't give me hope. I wonder why the talks are taking this long anyway.

Nightmare Asylum

If literally nothing else comes of Ridley's (possible) involvement, I hope he looks at another household item in his bathroom and decides to model a ship off of it.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Evanus on Dec 29, 2020, 11:48:43 PM
I'm just assuming they're trying to get him aboard for his name, nothing more. We know they basically lied in the investor call by saying he was already working alongside Hawley, while he's in talks only... which doesn't give me hope. I wonder why the talks are taking this long anyway.

Talks are taking long because Ridley probably took a look at what they are trying to do and is saying..
"Nope. f**k that".

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Quote from: Evanus on Dec 29, 2020, 11:48:43 PM

Yeah, name brand baby. I can see the adverts now...
"From Executive Producer Ridley Scott, legendary director of Alien, Blade Runner and The Martian... comes the stunning new series yada yada yada." :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed