Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 211,805 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 23, 2020, 04:24:25 PM
Aliens chestburster had limbs.

And the original had suggestions of them as well.

Kimo

A bit late to the party but 3 things come to mind.
1) I do not want Ridley Scott anywhere near the script, but I don't mind him directing an episode or two.
2) Disney, better not make it family friendly.
3) The must use that Mandalorian world building tech what ever it's called? that cast real time world's and lights.

Evanus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2020, 08:36:57 AM

Yeah but they were still mostly snakelike, small limbs and head attached to the rest of the body.

This one is shaped more like the adult form, seems like it has legs as well. Probably means nothing, but it reminded me of the Covenant burster.

Ingwar

Has anyone seen Fargo series? Noah Hawley, what a writter! I'm no longer worried about Alien series.

Nightmare Asylum

And let us not forget this squishy boi:

Quote from: Kimo on Dec 24, 2020, 04:59:46 PM
1) I do not want Ridley Scott anywhere near the script, but I don't mind him directing an episode or two.

That's fine, if in return I get a Ridley Scott helmed Alien: Covenant sequel. ;)

Quote from: Kimo on Dec 24, 2020, 04:59:46 PM
2) Disney, better not make it family friendly.

FX (and, by extension, 'FX on Hulu') exclusively puts out shows aimed at adult audiences. And both of Hawley's previous shows have been with them, so he seems to be in good graces over there (even post-Disney takeover) enough to get to call his shots.

chrisr232007

I read that there is multiple Alien shows in the works. Sorry I didn't save the link.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Dec 25, 2020, 01:16:50 AM
I read that there is multiple Alien shows in the works. Sorry I didn't save the link.

I did a little digging to see if I could find a source on this, and ultimately wound up here:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/disney-reportedly-developing-3-alien-tv-shows/

With 'We Got This Covered' as the source (and their only citation being some guy's Patreon), I'd say that this is almost certainly fake.

chrisr232007

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 25, 2020, 01:20:22 AM
Quote from: chrisr232007 on Dec 25, 2020, 01:16:50 AM

I did a little digging to see if I could find a source on this, and ultimately wound up here:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/disney-reportedly-developing-3-alien-tv-shows/

With 'We Got This Covered' as the source (and their only citation being some guy's Patreon), I'd say that this is almost certainly fake.

Ah got ya. Thank you.

Kradan

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Trustworthy indeed...

judge death

Have a theory based on the three alien movies: That the chestbursters size depends on: 1: The time it is inside the host/how long it takes to gestate before adrenaline from the host or the chestbursters own body sets off the bursting action by releasing adrenaline itself, if it gestates for longer time than what we saw in alien, then its likely to have arms grown, and in alien 3 had legs and small version of its older self.
2: The hosts dna and health.
3: the invorment the hosts lives in.

Drukathi

4. The director's whim, who doesn't care about the canon, the continuity.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Drukathi on Dec 25, 2020, 07:23:51 PM
4. The director's whim, who doesn't care about the canon, the continuity.

This is the one, and that's totally fine in my book. Jimbo wanted more explicit arms on his chestburster, Fincher wanted his "Bambi Burster" to be able to run immediately after birth and show off the animalistic traits right off the bat, and the traditional larva-like chestburster wouldn't really be able to pull off the Christ pose that Oram's chestburster needed to do in Covenant. Sure, you can concoct story reasons for each difference that make sense, but at the end of the day they're really just different creative choices.

Nukiemorph

In the commentary for Prometheus, Ridley acknowledged the size discrepancy between the jockey and the engineer. He said he felt it was more important to have an actor playing the engineer be physically on set with the other actors, rather than awkwardly green-screened in.

This is a good example of how Ridley focuses on making each individual movie the best it can be, even if it comes at the expense of canon and continuity.

It drives us fans nuts, but I'm sure a lot of creative types get it - (and us fans usually manage to fudge together an explanation anyway.)

Ridley clearly wanted that moment between David and the baby. He wanted to express the relationship by having it mimic David's pose. This scene wouldn't have played as well if it didn't have arms and just stood straight like a snarling boner.

Drukathi

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 25, 2020, 08:05:31 PM
just stood straight like a snarling boner.

Will see in Alien: Awakening.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed