Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,575 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I can absolutely see something along those lines being done, if someone down the line decides that they want to keep the Engineers and do a more "traditional" Space Jockey. And I don't think I would be opposed to that.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 22, 2020, 12:29:30 AM
I bet if you travel through H.R. Giger's backyard you just wind up in David's lab. ;)

I guess the Alien and the David retcon doesn't bother me all that much because, at the end of the day, it's Giger's inherently sexualized beast being created by a character that is so self-obsessed and sexually depraved and has this vendetta against his creators and an obsession with creation on his own terms. That just feels a whole lot more appropriate to me than something like the original comics where the Aliens just have a natural home world where they are part of a natural ecosystem.

Anyways, I fully expect a future project (maybe even this series from Noah Hawley) to re-retcon the Alien being David's creation (or, perhaps, flat out overwrite the prequels), and I'm fully prepared for it. I hope I like whatever comes next, but at the end of the day, like Covenant, it'll just simply be another take. I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy the good things about both Covenant and whatever comes next on their own terms, even if they stand in opposition of one another.

Wonder if that train ride is accessible and if the madness of Giger's back yard was somehow preserved.

Master

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 22, 2020, 12:05:50 AM
I can appreciate that.

I guess my thinking is that I wish they didn't enhance David's arc at the expense of the Alien creature. David messing with Black Goo, totally great, David making Neomorphs and the like, also awesome. It's when he starts messing with the Alien itself (be it physically or thematically) that it starts rubbing me the wrong way.

That was my biggest problem with Covenant ( aside from idiot crew). Everything would have been much simpler and better without Alien and more focus on Neomorph.

I also have no problem with Prometheus Engineer ( Covenant had much worse) and them being discoverer  and continuator of Space Jockey work. I'd love to see Jockey of old and Engineer being two separate being. It was slightly hinted  in Prometheus.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Lol, for all of the original Jockey's non-humaness, it still had arms, 10 fingers, a mouth, and two eye sockets...

Giger's many visions represented the evolutionary trajectory of a biomechanical future. A sexually repressed, mad A.I. creating a creature from an amorphous, unknown, black shoggoth-like slime; a violent and erotic perversion, transfiguration and fusion of human reproduction, death and machine is, quite frankly, totally consistent thematically with his work. Personally, I'd rather not have another Planet of the Vampires, it's been done.  :D

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 22, 2020, 01:22:07 PM
Lol, for all of the original Jockey's non-humaness, it still had arms, 5 fingers, a mouth, and two eye sockets...

Giger's many visions represented the evolutionary trajectory of a biomechanical future. A sexually repressed, mad A.I. creating a creature from an amorphous, unknown, black shoggoth-like slime; that's a violent and erotic perversion, transfiguration and fusion of human reproduction, death and machine is totally consistent thematically with his work. Personally, I'd rather not have another Planet of the Vampires, it's been done.  :D

There must be a black goo planet or something, where the machines have sex. There, the pathogen is running free and without supervision  🤩🤣

Nightmare Asylum

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 22, 2020, 04:45:36 PM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 22, 2020, 01:22:07 PM
Lol, for all of the original Jockey's non-humaness, it still had arms, 5 fingers, a mouth, and two eye sockets...

Giger's many visions represented the evolutionary trajectory of a biomechanical future. A sexually repressed, mad A.I. creating a creature from an amorphous, unknown, black shoggoth-like slime; that's a violent and erotic perversion, transfiguration and fusion of human reproduction, death and machine is totally consistent thematically with his work. Personally, I'd rather not have another Planet of the Vampires, it's been done.  :D

There must be a black goo planet or something, where the machines have sex. There, the pathogen is running free and without supervision  🤩🤣

Giger's back yard?

skhellter

Xenomrph

Local Trouble

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 22, 2020, 09:13:46 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 22, 2020, 03:34:13 AM
Bring back the old jockeys. 
My man.

I know this is controversial, and while I find both Alien3 and Prometheus entertaining enough.... Retcon everything but Alien and Aliens and I'll smack a kiss of joy on everyone I meet till premiere day!!! 💋

Local Trouble

Alien 3 has a lot of good stuff in it, but it's still a shitshow of a movie.

Stitch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 22, 2020, 09:22:52 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 22, 2020, 09:13:46 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 22, 2020, 03:34:13 AM
Bring back the old jockeys. 
My man.

I know this is controversial, and while I find both Alien3 and Prometheus entertaining enough.... Retcon everything but Alien and Aliens and I'll smack a kiss of joy on everyone I meet till premiere day!!! 💋
Nah. Alien 3 FTW

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I will never see this and not just die laughing. Man, I just really don't like those original three Dark Horse runs that follow on from Aliens at all. I keep getting worried that they're going to want to ape the "Earth War" concept from those books in this show. :-X

Alien 3 is an absolute mess of a movie, but I do find it infinitely more interesting that just about any other story for a third film that was being floated around (and that includes what little we know about Blomkamp's). Though there is some 'stuff' from Gibson's that I do like, even though I don't like the script/story as a whole. And I would love to see Ward's wooden planet concept repurposed down the line...

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 22, 2020, 10:58:40 PM

I will never see this and not just die laughing. Man, I just really don't like those original three Dark Horse runs that follow on from Aliens at all. I keep getting worried that they're going to want to ape the "Earth War" concept from those books in this show. :-X

It seems to have been stranded on some road near Oljato-Monument Valley, Utha. He also has that gallon of fuel in his hands. His gaze is that of someone who hasn't had sex in a long time.

Unlike this ladykiller 👁️👄👁️

But seriously, it's possible to create a non-human Space Jokcey design that's actually cool  :laugh:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 22, 2020, 10:58:40 PM
Alien 3 is an absolute mess of a movie, but I do find it infinitely more interesting that just about any other concept for a third film that was being floated around (and that includes what little we know about Blomkamp's). Though there is some 'stuff' from Gibson's that I do like, even though I don't like the script/story as a whole.

You must love spores, and the space kradans regime  🤣

I still dream of Vincent Ward's Alien lll directed by David Lynch. Not as part of canon though, but as its own thing  :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed