Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,705 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 21, 2020, 07:18:36 AMWait, is it true that Scott dislikes the idea of a Queen? If so, wouldn't that mean he would try to use to this show to decanonize that idea?

That's assuming Disney would even let him.

He had a lot of clout with Fox but this is a different company and the reception to his last two Alien movies probably hasn't helped his cause. The Queen is a huge selling point for the franchise so I can't see Disney letting anyone do away with it.

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 21, 2020, 09:28:20 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 21, 2020, 07:18:36 AMWait, is it true that Scott dislikes the idea of a Queen? If so, wouldn't that mean he would try to use to this show to decanonize that idea?

He had a lot of clout with Fox but this is a different company and the reception to his last two Alien movies probably hasn't helped his cause. The Queen is a huge selling point for the franchise so I can't see Disney letting anyone do away with it.

Besides Queen is one step up from Princess ... and well Disney love their princess' ;-)

Voodoo Magic

Plus executive producers don't usually get involved creatively, if Ridley even signs on.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 20, 2020, 08:54:50 AM
There's always possibility to hit lower

Weyland corp started out as an OnlyFans page. Weyland was an influencer.

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Prez on Dec 21, 2020, 11:11:34 AM

Besides Queen is one step up from Princess ... and well Disney love their princess' ;-)

Bwahahaha! Alien Queen as Disney Princess. That would be something. :laugh: More likely to get Ripley as a DP, though. And we're talking infinitesimally small chances, I think.

marrerom

Wasn't there a rumor that Ridley Scott's next Alien film wouldn't be a follow up to Covenant, but instead be set farther into the future? If that is the case, then maybe this FX series will pick up where Covenant left off and give up a confrontation between David, Earth, and the Engineers. That would work really well as a limited series. 

Quote from: MudButt on Dec 21, 2020, 02:14:09 AM
Let's have the series be the best it can be and ignore continuity. It might fit in really great but I'd prefer a great show versus a show that doesn't retcon the films.

You speak as if these are mutually exclusive concepts. They aren't. In fact, the opposite (disregarding continuity) seems to have a higher correlation with poor story telling. 

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 21, 2020, 07:53:46 AM
The Advent short hinted that David was planning to use Daniels to make a queen. I take this to mean Scott was respecting the queen concept.

This  ^

Evanus

Ian Nathan visited the set of Covenant and apparently he was told not to mention the queen, because Ridley doesn't consider it to be a part of his vision. Probably just means that he wasn't planning on using it, doubt he'd try to stop anyone else from using it.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 21, 2020, 04:45:49 PM
Wasn't there a rumor that Ridley Scott's next Alien film wouldn't be a follow up to Covenant, but instead be set farther into the future? If that is the case, then maybe this FX series will pick up where Covenant left off and give up a confrontation between David, Earth, and the Engineers. That would work really well as a limited series. 

Hmm. I would think Ridley would be attached already as a creative producer if this series was something like that though.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Evanus on Dec 21, 2020, 04:56:21 PM
Ian Nathan visited the set of Covenant and apparently he was told not to mention the queen, because Ridley doesn't consider it to be a part of his vision. Probably just means that he wasn't planning on using it, doubt he'd try to stop anyone else from using it.
the Alien Queen is so iconic even among casual viewers that trying to discard it wholesale would be a real hard sell.

Kradan

Like Ridley ever cared what 'em "casual viewers" think about his creative decisions. Man is super old and just doesn't give a f**k anymore

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 21, 2020, 07:28:08 PM
Like Ridley ever cared what 'em "casual viewers" think about his creative decisions. Man is super old and just doesn't give a f**k anymore
This is true, but Disney/FOX is running a business and "wipe the Queen from existence" is probably something that would get some push-back if Ridley pitched it.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Dec 21, 2020, 03:44:46 PM
Quote from: Prez on Dec 21, 2020, 11:11:34 AM

Bwahahaha! Alien Queen as Disney Princess. That would be something. :laugh: More likely to get Ripley as a DP, though. And we're talking infinitesimally small chances, I think.

Newt is the Disney Princess.  For sure.

Kradan

Nightmare Asylum

The Queen is fantastic in design, execution, and concept. I'm also totally open to seeing an alternative Alien gestation process, if the story calls for something different.

MudButt

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 21, 2020, 04:45:49 PM

Quote from: MudButt on Dec 21, 2020, 02:14:09 AM
Let's have the series be the best it can be and ignore continuity. It might fit in really great but I'd prefer a great show versus a show that doesn't retcon the films.

You speak as if these are mutually exclusive concepts. They aren't. In fact, the opposite (disregarding continuity) seems to have a higher correlation with poor story telling. 

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 21, 2020, 07:53:46 AM
The Advent short hinted that David was planning to use Daniels to make a queen. I take this to mean Scott was respecting the queen concept.

This  ^

You are 100% right. I think we'd all prefer a great show that doesn't destroy the canon set up already. (Even if it's been messed with already by the recent films) I am just saying if it had to come down to a show that respects the canon versus just a great Alien show.. well I am choosing the great show. It is 100% possible though for both to happen at once, and I hope it does. Perhaps the Earth setting and ''near future'' time frame will give it a chance to do its own thing without contradicting what has happened in the movies!

I am positive we all just want a great show  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed