Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,681 times)

Voodoo Magic

Guessing this will be out at the end of 2021 if we're very lucky, but the smart money's probably on 2022.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, I'm definitely inclined to think 2022. 2021 seems a bit too early, unless they are much farther along in pre-production than we are being lead to believe. "We are moving quickly to bring audiences..." was the phrase used to introduce the show during the investor stream.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Drukathi on Dec 17, 2020, 01:46:23 PM
I wish it looked like From Dusk Till Dawn or The Strain tv-shows.
The Strain may be too epic, but From Dusk Till Dawn is the perfect example of unstoppable action and horror in an isolated place.

As much as I adore the FDtD series, it's constantly using cartoony ass-pulls and literal magic to contain the plot. It's a poor example for an Alien series, since it's not actually isolated at all, it just feels like it is.

Evanus

Probably a coincidence though right? Fox didn't want to do a tv show, it's probably been greenlit now because of the new ownership.

MudButt

FX already has a pretty stacked lineup for 2021. I'd imagine this will be here mid-2022. I would be happy with it being here in 2021 though. They really want to bring as much content to Hulu on FX as fast as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if this is fast-tracked.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, if 2021 was a possibility at all, I was thinking something like December 2021. :)

[cancerblack]

Even that seems like it'd be rushed, unless the entire series is a "bottle movie".

Voodoo Magic

True, unless they're further along than we think. Also I guess it's how they roll out the episodes too. Most episodic television used to premiere before the season was finished filming. This was of course the time of a greater number of episodes and before the days of dropping a whole season on streaming to binge. I think The Walking Dead still did that though? Premiered before completion of filming? I'd probably have to double check that to be certain, and TWD had these long mid-season breaks too. And man, I miss the days of the 2-hour pilot premiere "movie" though!

MudButt

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 17, 2020, 08:02:06 PM
True, unless they're further along than we think. Also I guess it's how they roll out the episodes too. Most episodic television used to premiere before the season was finished filming. This was of course the time of a greater number of episodes and before the days of dropping a whole season on streaming to binge. I think The Walking Dead still did that though? Premiered before completion of filming? I'd probably have to double check that to be certain, and TWD had these long mid-season breaks too. And man, I miss the days of the 2-hour pilot premiere "movie" though!

The Walking Dead definitely beings airing while they are filming the same season. Walking Dead has 16 episode seasons though. I don't see this having more than 10 episodes. I would guess it's going to be 8. That way you don't need to spread the budget so thin.

Also, not sure if anyone is aware but it looks like Hawley had pitched this show back in early 2019. The person in charge at the time shut it down, but then the Disney/Fox merger happened. Disney probably knew that they had to do something with Predator/Alien because that's big IP. I wouldn't be shocked if Hawley has most of the scripts done, seems like he's had the idea for quite some time now.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/noah-hawley-alien-tv-pitch-legion

Drukathi

I think The Walking Dead still did that though? Premiered before completion of filming?

Not the best example. You can film half of The Walking Dead season during your lunch break. You don't need decorations, makeup or even... well, a script.

Chris!(($$))!

There is a chance, and I hope this is the case too TBH, that this show is simply in its own canon and a separate beast from all the movies.

Hawley's Legion has basically no connection to the X-Men films and it worked very well.

Adhering to canon has its pros and cons and I don't think a movie or show should ever be rejected simply because it doesn't "fit" into what someone perceives as "canon."

Necronomicon II

That's why I think the earth setting is just the set up before dropping the aliens in somewhere else, at least I hope so. 🤣

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Evanus on Dec 17, 2020, 07:12:50 PM
Probably a coincidence though right? Fox didn't want to do a tv show, it's probably been greenlit now because of the new ownership.

Emma Watts didn't want it none-theatrical. It was good odds once she left.

TC

There's a YouTube interview with Hawley in which he says unlike most TV show runners he has all the outlines for an entire season written in advance of shooting. (But then he does work in short 10 episode seasons for streaming, not network broadcast). And then the outlines go into the writers' room for breaking.

If you're interested, it might be this one. (It's quite long; Sorry, I didn't take the time to check.)

Voodoo Magic

Thanks TC.  :)  I'll give this a listen on my long commute home.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed