Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,594 times)

Necronomicon II

HuDaFuK

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 15, 2020, 03:36:04 AM
Set on earth - not too far after A3 - and with Engineers trying to use aliens to wipe out humans... could be a good show.

This is exactly the kind of thing I hope they don't do.

The show needs to be small-scale and horrific, not silly "epic" Marvel action with Aliens in it.

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 15, 2020, 09:51:45 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 15, 2020, 03:36:04 AM
Set on earth - not too far after A3 - and with Engineers trying to use aliens to wipe out humans... could be a good show.

This is exactly the kind of thing I hope they don't do.

The show needs to be small-scale and horrific, not silly "epic" Marvel action with Aliens in it.

Hawley has been very good on Fargo in doing just that - making small scale stories that really are intriguing filled with fascinating characters you get very heavily vested in. I honestly hope he can pull off similar with this new show.

Voodoo Magic

I enjoyed Fargo Season One, mostly for its quirky characters,
but tuned out early in Season Two. But in Season One, there was a lot of character individuality, even in the smaller roles, that I hope translates here.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Ripley whole thing was trying to stop the xenomorphs getting on earth if you got xenomorphs on earth either go big or go home otherwise Ripley whole charcthar arc is kinda useless

Xiggz456

Well Hawley already adapted Chris Claremont's "Legion" to tv perhaps Claremont's "AVP: Deadliest of the Species" is next  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Why would you even tempt?!

Xiggz456

:laugh: Apologies for unleashing my inner troll  :laugh:

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Hey hicks random question why alien vs predator the hunt begins stop getting made was it do to them not renewing the licences or they just wasn't making enough money just wanting to know

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 15, 2020, 05:16:27 AM
Earth pre-Alien: Resurrection just doesn't sound right to me when it comes to a canon-bound movie or series for that matter. Just ruins it for me.

This is just my guess because when I was trolling earlier in the year (or last year can't remember) about the franchise I had movies in mind, but I really doubt a series with as many inconsistencies as the Alien one, I really don't think a powerhouse like Disney is going to hold itself to what the franchise did before they acquired it.   This isn't the MCU with stories and ideas laid out a six or seven years in advance, this is an adhoc band of films calling itself a series whose overall storytelling has been told since 1979 with no singular narrative in place. 

Something in the franchise is going to get smashed.

Sidenote to random guy: I don't think they will do an Alien invasion story in the first season, that would be tom foolery, but my counter argument to Ripley being the last guardian of earth is that if you have the Alien monsters continually beaten down without fear of their capabilities, they just become a giant space roach.  They have to have some W's to be scary.  I mean how many more times does anybody want to see them blown out of the airlock?

If I had to guess as to how the series would be formulated it would be corporate intrigue on locating the Alien (or jockey) before it reaches earth, with maybe attempted government oversight to try and stop all parties. 

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 15, 2020, 08:00:07 AM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 15, 2020, 04:07:48 AM
I actually found Covenant to be an ok film.  I'd rate it slightly higher than Res.

But if they ignored both prequels completely I wouldnt give AF.  Or Alien Res. 

Ayyy Kimbo's back

what it do baby

Evanus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 15, 2020, 03:44:10 AM
Just caught this and figured it was worth dropping in this thread. Steve Asbell is head of 20th Century Studios. I follow him on Twitter, and his current profile pic on there shows him "wearing" a Facehugger.

This comment on a recent post stuck out to me:

https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1338237443330306050

This Tweet is vague and non-committal, but it also isn't outright brushing off any of the films, either. I did some more digging and found this thread, where he is talking with Scott Wampler (Wampler used to write for Birth.Movies.Death. before they shut down, and they did a really great magazine about all three Ridley Scott films when Alien: Covenant released). These two Tweets are pretty cool, showing him visiting the sets of both prequel films:

https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1254408547531657217
https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1254409722268053504

And the discussion happening in the thread about the prequels is positive. Maybe there is a chance we might see some prequel concepts in here... ???
Asbell being head of 20th Century Studios does comfort me a little. He's been working with Scott for a while which makes me a bit more hopeful about getting something prequel related again. Either way I doubt he'd be interested in retconning the prequels with the new show... which is already pretty unlikely with Scott involved, so I really have no idea what to expect here lol.

Kradan

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 15, 2020, 02:59:51 PM
Well Hawley already adapted Chris Claremont's "Legion" to tv perhaps Claremont's "AVP: Deadliest of the Species" is next  :laugh:

That's connection nobody saw coming

Kimarhi

Scott's success with random android show probably means that they will keep the prequel movies in play.  That said, I bet fox forces them to play in the post Aliens/Alien 3 timeline. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 15, 2020, 02:59:51 PM

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 15, 2020, 08:03:34 PM
Scott's success with random android show probably means that they will keep the prequel movies in play.  That said, I bet fox forces them to play in the post Aliens/Alien 3 timeline.

This.

They're not going to flush Scott's work down the toilet for a Hulu show, especially since Scott's involvement in the Prometheus/Covenant spiritual twin of a show - Raised by Wolves - was such a big hit.

I'm pretty sure that they will wedge this tv series into a timeline that takes place either during Ripley's 57 year power nap, or closely after the events in A3. I'm banking on the latter.

The tv show could work as the explanation to why there were no more recorded encounters with the Xenomorph, or even a trace of the creature, until the events leading up to A:R.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed