Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,845 times)

Kane's other son

If you haven't watched the Terror, please do. If Noah Hawley's Alien is as good as that, it will be the best Alien material since 1986.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

That's one of my favorite tv series then season 2 come along and ruin it

Master

It was good... for like four episodes. Rest was bullshit IMO.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Dec 14, 2020, 07:44:03 PM
That's one of my favorite tv series then season 2 come along and ruin it

Couldn't have said it better 😎

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Like it didnt need season 2 it was a perfuct self contain story like if you need to do a season 2 have it set in modern times and with a group of reaschers and some of them are bot doing mentally well when the monster attacks they finally snap beside worrying about they now have to worry about madmen.One of the thing I hate about the terror season 2 is that it dosnt have the monster from season 1 why call it the terror then.I don't rember if the monster died at the end of season 1 it's been a while since I watches it.

Kimarhi

Y ON JEEBUS NAME YOU SET ON EARTH

CainsSon

Set on earth - not too far after A3 - and with Engineers trying to use aliens to wipe out humans... could be a good show.

Kimarhi

Maybe then. 

I just know that AvP and AvPR about killed any desire I had of having a movie set on earth even if at one time I considered and Alien Invasion movie a must. 

Nightmare Asylum

Just caught this and figured it was worth dropping in this thread. Steve Asbell is head of 20th Century Studios. I follow him on Twitter, and his current profile pic on there shows him "wearing" a Facehugger.

This comment on a recent post stuck out to me:

https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1338237443330306050

This Tweet is vague and non-committal, but it also isn't outright brushing off any of the films, either. I did some more digging and found this thread, where he is talking with Scott Wampler (Wampler used to write for Birth.Movies.Death. before they shut down, and they did a really great magazine about all three Ridley Scott films when Alien: Covenant released). These two Tweets are pretty cool, showing him visiting the sets of both prequel films:

https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1254408547531657217
https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1254409722268053504

And the discussion happening in the thread about the prequels is positive. Maybe there is a chance we might see some prequel concepts in here... ???

Kimarhi

I actually found Covenant to be an ok film.  I'd rate it slightly higher than Res.

But if they ignored both prequels completely I wouldnt give AF.  Or Alien Res. 

SpreadEagleBeagle

Earth pre-Alien: Resurrection just doesn't sound right to me when it comes to a canon-bound movie or series for that matter. Just ruins it for me.

Necronomicon II

What if it's basically The Thing but Alien, some isolated lab.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 15, 2020, 06:54:41 AM
What if it's basically The Thing but Alien, some isolated lab.

Lame.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 15, 2020, 04:07:48 AM
I actually found Covenant to be an ok film.  I'd rate it slightly higher than Res.

But if they ignored both prequels completely I wouldnt give AF.  Or Alien Res. 

Ayyy Kimbo's back

MudButt

Second post in a long time..

I am happy we're getting something new in the Alien universe. FX is one of the few channels I'd want to work on an Alien series if we couldn't get HBO. I love what Hawley has done with Fargo. I didn't see the newest season but the first 3 were great. Legion I enjoyed at the start but it got a bit wild towards the end and I fell off. I hope he isn't going for what and goes for a horror vibe for this show. Legion definitely had some great horror scenes.

The setting is questionable but I'll save all judgment until I see the pilot. I'm excited for the cast they put together as well. FX is so great with casting. Would love to see some of Noah Hawley's previous actors like Dan Stevens, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, or Bokeem Woodbine..

[cancerblack]

Quote from: MudButt on Dec 15, 2020, 08:05:12 AM
Would love to see some of Noah Hawley's previous actors like Dan Stevens, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, or Bokeem Woodbine..

I could handle some MEW in my Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed